Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Was not happy with this school! Our son is special needs and is non verbal. He has a severe nut allergy and history of seizures. At the start of the school year I was picking my son up after school and did not see him. So I got out of my car to look for him and see him pacing back and forth. The teacher tells him I'm there and hurries him to come along. I thought maybe he had to go to the bathroom. She then tells me "he ingested a "small piece" of a nutter butter but spit it out and he's fine!" I tell her no he's not! And pick him up over my shoulder and race him to the nurse. Long story short-no signs were posted in classroom or at school about an allergy being in the class. A TEACHER'S AID gave him the snack because he "wanted it". No protocol was followed and they never even took him to the nurse to get looked at. It took me getting out of my car and seeing my son was not well and taking him myself. We were in nurses office for about an hour as he vomited and showed signs of possible seizure. All of this could have been prevented if they took the time follow directions. My son is ok now, but because of it being severe he could've died. The fact that he doesn't talk should've made his teachers more aware and take precautions. We met with principal and told them what happens, they said they would open an investigation about the incident.. got a call a few days later and was told our story checked out but no disciplinary action was taken against the teacher/teacher aid. We pulled him out of her school and transferred him!! This happened 8/2016)

My grandson is in band and he is keeping his grades up to stay there. One subject is a problem and the instructor has extra classes he can attend to help his GPA.

Develops character: Strongly agree

He is learning and growing so much from Durham and their teachers. I have seen him grow as a person.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers help the kids both with their age group and their studies. This is the hardest age group.

Amount of homework: Agree

The kids have enough time to complete in the class. It then gets done. I also like the teachers keeping the parents up to date.

This school is awesome!!! I love their orchestra class and their staff and teachers are very involving and kind. Go dragons!

Could be a good school but leadership is lacking. Discipline is based on favoritism and is often excessive.

The leadership qualities at this school are evident. The caring factor down to the individual student is apparent. Qualities such as these set the school apart. I am proud to be a parent and a member of this TEAM! I have one daughter and I am sure she gets the BEST services here.

The middie school is so great!!! If you want your kid to learn well this is the place for he/she!!!

This school is awsome! the teachers really care about the students. They will go out of thier way to help any student. The athletics and band program is exceptional!

Last modified Marshall Durham Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.