Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (2 responses)

Lakeview Elementary School 5

Posted May 22, 2016
Excellent leadership in the District and School! Mrs. Carr is amazing and is building a great team of teachers that are headed in the right direction!

Lakeview Elementary School
Grateful to: School leader

Posted May 22, 2016
The new administration at the school has been amazing. Love the kids first focus and attitude. Great changes.

Lakeview Elementary School 5

Posted May 22, 2016
What a difference a new principal has made. Seems to be really turning around the school. Love the energy and student focus that is now showing. Very happy with the much needed changes happening!

Lakeview Elementary School 4

Posted August 30, 2014
I'm a parent of 2 boys at Lakeview elementary. I don't understand some of the comments I just read here. We've been at Lakeview for 3 years and do really love the school. The teachers work extremely hard to do everything possible to reach their students. I've been very pleased with the administrators as well. The principal has always called or emailed me back in a very shirt time frame when I've had questions or concerns. She's always willing to meet with parents in her office; you just need to call the secretary for an appointment. Parents shouldn't expect to walk in and immediately be able to meet. She is running a school and is in classrooms and with teachers. That's her job. She shouldn't be sitting in her office waiting for a parent conference. This year I'm thrilled to find out that the curriculum is changing and going to a more small group activity model. This is district wide. My only real complaint would be that the PTA isn't as active as I would like. But it isn't for lack of them trying. Parent involvement just isn't that big of a priority for some reason. Bottom line is that my family loves Lakeview and our neighbors in Woodlake do too.

Posted July 04, 2014
The principal? I have never seen and have no idea who she is. The assistant is involved and we do like her. The teachers are OK. We've only been at this school for 3rd GR. I was and remain very disappointed in the lack of teaching going on. There is no home work, not work comes home and I noticed a HUGE DROP in my son's learning from his previous school. I bought books from online for 3rd graders and we did the book all year. I also have bought him books for 4th grade. I am looking into private schooling now in hope we do not have to return for 4th grade.

Posted November 17, 2013
This school is very bad amongst the students. It seems like the staff and teachers barely take into consideration the way bullying actually commences. The curriculum is horrible, and the students are absolutely out of control. Students are bullying each other in front of authority and nothing happens.

Lakeview Elementary School 2

Posted May 28, 2013
This school has some stellar teachers. We have loved all our teachers until this year. The school district adopted CSCOPE curriculum this year and beginning in grade 3 they are mainly teaching to the test now. Very few assignments are completed which are not multiple choice. In addition, the curriculum is not shared with parents. In fact, I was told that "Unit Tests cannot come home." Parents are not allowed to see the tests their students take - it is impossible to have any idea how your child is doing and what concepts they might be struggling with. There is no longer a focus on whether or not the students are learning, only how they will do on the standardized tests. The teachers are clearly stressed out, working impossible hours and unfortunately, this is causing some teachers to bring this stress to their students in the classroom. This is exhibited in poor classroom management, excessive discipline (loss of recess daily) and lack of concern for how their students are doing. Continued reaching out to the principal with these concerns brought no change. We had a wonderful experience at this school with our kids in K-2 beyond that, I would not recommend this school.

Lakeview Elementary School 2

Posted April 26, 2013
We have had some truly incredible teachers at Lakeview...but they are continually overworked and overwhelmed. Many put in 12 hour days with no breaks- only to go home and work more. The district's newly adopted curriculum has created an environment which lacks flexibility, creativity, individual development and strong subject comprehension. Young students often come home with more than an hour's worth of homework each night. Both students and teachers alike are frustrated- and it shows in the classrooms and test performances. It's like everyone has just thrown in the towel. Administrators are either unable or unwilling to find needed solutions for long-standing problems. I believe the principal has created many of the issues the school faces today. Lakeview is still an exemplary school- but I suspect this will not be the case much longer.

Posted August 24, 2011
Once upon a time, this was a great school. A new principal is going to ruin a school a parent would be proud of sending their children. This new principal is the one that was at Colin Powell and she did nothing there but support and cater to the bullies. Read the reviews about Collin Powell here and you will see what it was like. That is what you will be getting.

Lakeview Elementary School 4

Posted July 05, 2011
My granddaughter attends this school and raves daily about her interactions with the teachers and students alike!

Lakeview Elementary School
1800 Waterside Drive, Little Elm, TX  75068
Last modified Lakeview Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.