Little Elm High School 4

Posted November 15, 2014
Ok... we've been thru a lot. Over the course of the last 8 years, we've seen 2 superintendents, 5 principals and countless assistant principals walk in and out the doors at LE. Today, rest assured, things are looking up for Little Elm High School. When I began working at LE in 2007, LE high school was the high school everyone would want to work at and every student would want to attend and every parent would want to send their children to. We're on the path to being that way again. Kids enjoy (as much as kids can) going to school again. Teachers enjoy coming to work again and administration seems to finally care about the people in the building as much as the curriculum and test scores. Changes took place over the summer of 2014 and life is good at LE. I won't deny, things had been real bad..as bad as I've ever seen it in 25 years of teaching. I'm also proud to say things are real good now. 4 stars because we're not perfect yet but we're on the right track. We're 1 school in 1 town. We're not a cookie cutter school. We're unique. We are LE!

Little Elm High School 5

Posted October 05, 2014
Despite some things about it that need serious change. As a former student here I loved it according to my perspective.The hospitality was 100 times better than the other school I later on had to attend since I moved. The friends I made were more like family and some of the teachers have done so much in their power to help and guide me. To be honest I truly miss that place because of so much memories. Now though I do believe that their does need to be some improvements to the way things work their. Test scores are pretty low and from what I feel, students need a fairer chance to pass or find a better solution than standardized tests. I could go on but I still see more good then bad from my point of view. If they can find a solution apart from T.A.K.S testing then maybe their might be a great improvement to a higher raise of test scores.

Posted September 16, 2014
This has to be one of the worst schools ever! Before I moved I read some reviews but didn't believed what everyone was saying was true. But now I actually see everyone's true colors. I'm so happy that I moved far away from this school. DO NOT LET YOUR KIDS GO HERE! The students are RUDE and very DISRESPECTFUL.

Posted April 20, 2014
I moved to Little Elm last year from Plano with my husband and son who is now in his junior year. What a drastic downgrade! I wish I had paid more attention to the realtor when he warned me about the school system here before we moved. 100% financing on a home is not worth my child's future. The college preparedness is absolutely horrible at Little Elm High. It was brought to light this year that out of 27 school districts in 2 counties(Denton & Collin) their SAT scores rank last at 1352. However, I did not need to see test scores to know just how bad this school is. Before this school can get better at college prep, it first needs to be able to have students who are prepared for high school. My son tells me that that he is so far ahead of his friends, and that this school is run like a prison camp with teachers blowing whistles and acting like maniacs. This school could improve drastically if the principal and his staff would show more interest and respect for their students. Even the mature respectable students are being treated like criminals and their morale is being destroyed. Thankfully my son will be graduating next year because I want to stay in Little Elm.

Little Elm High School 2

Posted March 02, 2014
This is my third year in this school and this year has been the WORST!! theres one principle that blows his whistle every 5 seconds in students ears and scream at us to keep walking . especially that principle tends to make fun of us and screams it out loud so everyone can stare at you. He even told me to GET A LIFE like really to me that is very disrespectful . Just because he was from the military doesn't mean he has to treat most of us like that. i do agree that they are very rude and they keep us moving like if we were cattle or something Some of us can wait to leave that school we feel so trapped in there

Little Elm High School 5

Posted February 24, 2014
Little Elm Schools have turned the corner! The new Admin is making it place where learning is taking place. Where more is expected, more is acheived. Hats off to the higher standards and increasingly better results. You know it's working when the students are saying it and the scores are steadily moving moving up. A big thanks to the focus on technology and advanced teaching methods.

Posted October 28, 2013
Little elm high school is terrible. They're trying to act like others schools which is not working. The more reinforcements they keep putting in this school, students are not going to do anything. Someone spilled milk on the stairs one day during lunch and now for on and til' the school year ends no one is allowed to pass the stairs, which I think is really stupid just one little incident. Teachers don't care. With intervention it's pointless thinking oh this is going to help our students well it isn't working. During an assembly their were talking about our STAAR scores saying we had the worst scores. We probably wouldn't have the worst scores if you would stop reinforcing these rules and more stricter on these students maybe we will, or if you actually took the time but no little elm doesn't take the time. Now they're going to need a new high school the freshman this year grew and it's going to keep growing as it goes soon enough they won't be able to fit them in classrooms cause its over crowded. Little elm needs to step it up and work out their problems instead of focusing on kids education 24/7 for once.

Little Elm High School 4

Posted September 06, 2013
I'm being really nice about the 4 stars, because this school really deserves 3.5 at the moment. I've attended this school since sophomore year and I will graduate in the spring. Overall, I love LE, because the school really works for me. I'm taking mainly AP classes and I have had some really excellent teachers that made me work hard. I feel like this school is improving, but the new administration (their second year) should try not to make the kids to feel so trapped sometimes. They honest want to improve the school and I am glad for that. The transition to STARR has been difficult for my younger sibling. I did great on TAKS. I think project based learning is a joke, but I don't have to worry about that in AP. Drugs are an issue like any other high school. Also, they have one of the best Color guard/ winter guard programs in the state (a little known fact). The band is truly amazing. Football changes with the seasons, but I really think they're building up the program. The people here are diverse, down to earth, and I think there's somewhere for everyone to feel accepted. The school doesn't have a great reputation but I believe that may change!

Posted January 05, 2012
This school is the worst school my daughter ever attended. The staff are very rude,unprofessional. You can address any concerns,good,bad! Your issues will not be handled in a Timely manor. I'm so glad this will be my daughter last year aswell!!!!! They also loose the students credits,grades aswell as schedules. If your child can attend another school take advantage of that. RUN FAR FROM THIS SCHOOL!

Little Elm High School 2

Posted September 25, 2011
Moved here from Plano. Renting only thank goodness. Our daughter's first and last year at this high school. This school is behind academically, some teachers and staff scoff at how well rounded our daughter is saying, "oh your from Plano." and Proud of it. Now they are trying to make the curriculum like Plano because now they realize they are behind in all areas. Teachers don't allow kids to go to bathroom without permission at lunch, the kids are watched like criminals and treated like children. There is so much racism and division going on in this school. I hope the new prinicpal can bring this school up to date and help end the mistreatment of the students here. The overall system of the school is out of dadte and the counselors need to learn to be more efficient in dealing with scheduling issues. The staff needs an overhall, those that don't like their job or are stressed need to be dismised. Time for new blood. The principal is great he needs to udate staff memebers on better treatment of students and policies. Thank goodness our daughter is well educated by Plano Standards. This school has potential just needs a lot of change to make it modern.

Little Elm High School
1900 Walker Lane, Little Elm, TX  75068
Last modified Little Elm High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Little Elm High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top