Little Elm, TX
Students enrolled: 1,736

Posted April 21, 2015
Little Elm is overall, an average school. In my opinion that is. We have good education and academics for a small school. Yes, we're kinda overcrowded but, thats only because people keep moving into our small town. I like Little Elm HS because there isn't a lot of drama like other schools. The most we have is gossip about who is dating who. Nothing major. Also, in my experience in the schools (Pre-K - HS) I am yet to witness any major bullying. Unlike others, our school system doesn't have much of a bullying problem. When teachers find out that a student is being bullied they work hard to stop it. Trust me, I know, I've been bullied before and have helped others who were bullied. Since we're a small yet growing town, we don't have many elective classes to choose from. But, our student council along with the administrators are trying their best to add more classes. I honestly think that our school district is doing the best that they possibly can.
2 people found this helpful

Posted April 20, 2015
People outside of the Little Elm School District do not know and understand that Little Elm may not be as outstanding as neighboring districts, but we are not terrible. I, as a student of Little Elm High school, have been going to school in Little Elm since kindergarten, from former Zellars, to Oak Point, to Colin Powell Intermediate, to Lakeside Middle school, and finally Little Elm High school, I do not regret any of my past learning experiences in Little Elm District, whatsoever. We are constantly improving and districts around us is 3 to 5 years behind, according to statistics, and are believing in the reputation we've had up to 5 years ago. We have improved greatly and will continue to do so. It is a very diverse place though in a "close-knit" community, and this gives many schools within great pride. Our teachers do not lack the teaching skills other districts have, they are just as talented, if not more. Our students are ready to learn at the right instructions and do not hesitate to ask for help. I believe Little Elm is a great environment for every individual and I myself will continue to live here and raise my future children and the many generations to come.
2 people found this helpful

Posted March 25, 2015
I'm currently a Junior at LEHS and I'm completely UNSATISFIED with the school system. multiple staff members such as principles, teachers constantly go in and out of LEHS. The majority of the staff members here INCLUDING teachers are extremely disrespectful to their peers and students. I can honestly recommend NOT to enroll/register your child to this school. I had an incident today with a teacher who had the nerve to pull my backpack because I couldn't hear them since I had my headphones in, minding my own business. to get the story straight, I've been entering these side doors to get to my class in time ever since the school year has begun. a group of teachers started raising their voice at me for attending to go into school through those doors. regardless of the age and what position these staff members are working in this school, should NOT disrespect the students. especially if you've never even seen them before. like I said, I do NOT recommend any parent to enroll their child to this school. if you want what's best for your child, ANY school besides LEHS would be best for your child. coming from a student whose been enrolled to LEHS 3 out of 4 years.

Posted December 16, 2014
If students are disrespectful at school ...............that would be a parent issue. Parents........do YOUR job at home teaching proper respect to your children so they know how to behave properly in a school environment.
4 people found this helpful

Posted December 15, 2014
I am a high school senior and have been attending Little Elm ISD since I was in 2nd grade. I realized what a terrible school Little Elm High School is, consequently, it all started going down hill after my freshman year. The administration changed, the students loved our new principals and assistant principals, however. But of course, they didn't last long. My favorite and BEST teachers from my early high school career that had been there for the majority of the time the school has been open, all left because they felt the same way as the students did. The frequent changes and unprofessionalism of the school drove them all away; I wouldn't have stayed neither. It was always a whole new teaching staff EVERY YEAR. In addition to that, they were new teachers with minimal teaching experience. I have been in AP/Dual Credit and advanced classes since I was in 8th grade, yet, I feel so unprepared for college and have no idea what to expect. Although I have proved my maturity with good grades and behavior, the administration still treats us like children and criminals. The disciplinary punishments are WAY too harsh and they are unfair with the punishments they give each student.
5 people found this helpful

Posted November 15, 2014
Ok... we've been thru a lot. Over the course of the last 8 years, we've seen 2 superintendents, 5 principals and countless assistant principals walk in and out the doors at LE. Today, rest assured, things are looking up for Little Elm High School. When I began working at LE in 2007, LE high school was the high school everyone would want to work at and every student would want to attend and every parent would want to send their children to. We're on the path to being that way again. Kids enjoy (as much as kids can) going to school again. Teachers enjoy coming to work again and administration seems to finally care about the people in the building as much as the curriculum and test scores. Changes took place over the summer of 2014 and life is good at LE. I won't deny, things had been real bad..as bad as I've ever seen it in 25 years of teaching. I'm also proud to say things are real good now. 4 stars because we're not perfect yet but we're on the right track. We're 1 school in 1 town. We're not a cookie cutter school. We're unique. We are LE!

Little Elm High School 5

Posted October 05, 2014
Despite some things about it that need serious change. As a former student here I loved it according to my perspective.The hospitality was 100 times better than the other school I later on had to attend since I moved. The friends I made were more like family and some of the teachers have done so much in their power to help and guide me. To be honest I truly miss that place because of so much memories. Now though I do believe that their does need to be some improvements to the way things work their. Test scores are pretty low and from what I feel, students need a fairer chance to pass or find a better solution than standardized tests. I could go on but I still see more good then bad from my point of view. If they can find a solution apart from T.A.K.S testing then maybe their might be a great improvement to a higher raise of test scores.

Posted September 16, 2014
This has to be one of the worst schools ever! Before I moved I read some reviews but didn't believed what everyone was saying was true. But now I actually see everyone's true colors. I'm so happy that I moved far away from this school. DO NOT LET YOUR KIDS GO HERE! The students are RUDE and very DISRESPECTFUL.
6 people found this helpful

Posted April 20, 2014
I moved to Little Elm last year from Plano with my husband and son who is now in his junior year. What a drastic downgrade! I wish I had paid more attention to the realtor when he warned me about the school system here before we moved. 100% financing on a home is not worth my child's future. The college preparedness is absolutely horrible at Little Elm High. It was brought to light this year that out of 27 school districts in 2 counties(Denton & Collin) their SAT scores rank last at 1352. However, I did not need to see test scores to know just how bad this school is. Before this school can get better at college prep, it first needs to be able to have students who are prepared for high school. My son tells me that that he is so far ahead of his friends, and that this school is run like a prison camp with teachers blowing whistles and acting like maniacs. This school could improve drastically if the principal and his staff would show more interest and respect for their students. Even the mature respectable students are being treated like criminals and their morale is being destroyed. Thankfully my son will be graduating next year because I want to stay in Little Elm.
4 people found this helpful

Little Elm High School 2

Posted March 02, 2014
This is my third year in this school and this year has been the WORST!! theres one principle that blows his whistle every 5 seconds in students ears and scream at us to keep walking . especially that principle tends to make fun of us and screams it out loud so everyone can stare at you. He even told me to GET A LIFE like really to me that is very disrespectful . Just because he was from the military doesn't mean he has to treat most of us like that. i do agree that they are very rude and they keep us moving like if we were cattle or something Some of us can wait to leave that school we feel so trapped in there
3 people found this helpful

Little Elm High School
1900 Walker Lane, Little Elm, TX  75068
Last modified Little Elm High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Little Elm High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top