Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

I LOVE LEISD and almost everything about Colin Powell & LMS!!! Maybe I'm just missing it but I REALLY feel as though the school has little dedication to any of the sports outside of football. The "athletic period / class" is really a football players class. I've struggled getting info regarding practice, etc for other sports. My older children didn't participate in middle school sports but at the HS level the communication and commitment appear to be on par for all sports but lacking or almost sub par at the middle school level.

Joseph is my third child through LMS. I have witnessed a change take place in this school. For many years the middle school was oppressive. I felt like the students were inmates not people. The majority were being punished for the few. Mr. Miller and his administrators work to make the students feel valued. The idea that good behavior is rewarded is changing the culture at this school. As a parent I feel welcome at the school. When I call with a question or an issue, the person on the other end is helpful. It's refreshing.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

Most of the teachers are very effective, but there will always be a small amount of less effective educators.

Amount of homework: Agree

Most teachers assign very little if any homework. Most of the time homework consists of things students didn't complete in class.

Develops character: Agree

We are working very hard in this area, but we still have room for progress.

I have had two children go through the school, both under different administration, and now I teach there under yet another administration. I believe this is by far the best administration yet seen at this location. I have had a wonderful experience here, and look forward to many more. Yes, our community had had (and still has) growing pains, but I believe this is the right administration to lead us into a greater future.

I have 3 students that are at or gone through Lakeside Middle school. Yes our little town is growing and there are plenty of growing pains, but this school- administration, teachers, custodial, coaches - have been wonderful. Every issue I've had has been addressed, with courtesy & respect for me and my students. My kids have found many ways to participate in the school - sports, art, community service volunteering, etc...the teachers have been very helpful (I have a 504 student) and when they weren't, the AP stood with me and we got it remedied! My students are thriving! My students are happy. I won't hide anything, there are disrespectful students here, but they are everywhere. This school encourages parent involvement...and I take full advantage of it. I'm fully invested in my students education and so is Lakeside Middle School.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

The teachers are very focused on academics but they are still warm and caring. They are so good at finding a perfect balance.

Amount of homework: Agree

Homework is important and the teachers do assign homework. But they offer tutorials when my kids need extra help. Teachers at Lake side do everything to make sure every student is successful.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The teachers and administration lead by example in teaching fairness and respect. Problems are very few, and are handled quickly. Lakeside really helped my children develop in the difficult preteen/ early teen years.

Last modified Lakeside Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.