Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Lakeside is steadily improving year after year in all areas! We do assign homework at this school, but some parents need to understand that homework is not an effective tool in measuring what a student knows or does not know. It can be used as practice for certain skills, but I have had some students who do the homework, and come in and fail the test. It can also be an extension of classwork. I focus most of my efforts on teaching rigorous lessons, integrating technology, cooperative grouping and reteach, reassess and relearn as necessary. Kids who get it need to go deeper into the content, but kids who are struggling need more time and small group learning with their teacher. Our admin is awesome, and they are the best that we have had since my tenure here. I have been here 5 years, and I have had 3 different principals in that short span of time. Mr. Clint Miller is by far the best principal that we have had here at Lakeside. He listens to his teachers, and he tries his best to keep parents informed and in the know about what is going on here at LMS. Parents: Please understand that we NEED your support. We should not be cursed out when we are REQUIRED to call you about the persistent misbehavior of your child. We also ask for parent volunteers when we go on field trips, mentors, Dads who want to monitor the school etc. It is very demeaning and disheartening to educators when parents become part of the problem; instead of working with teachers to find a solution that works for everyone involved. We are here to serve you! Work with your child's teacher instead of against them. Email, and call them on their conference or just come to the school! Our doors are always open, and we are more than willing to try to help. I have never been in a school with more educators who have a passion and a heart for children. We support each other and we love our kids!! Several parents skip the teacher and go straight to admin or they just never even tell us that there was an issue to begin with. How can we improve upon a concern or an issue if we are never told what the issue or concern is in the first place? We need support at athletic and school events from parents as well!! Please know that when we get kids in our classes about 30-40 percent of them are not reading on grade level, and we do the best we can to catch them up. We love our kids here and love conquers all!

I LOVE LEISD and almost everything about Colin Powell & LMS!!! Maybe I'm just missing it but I REALLY feel as though the school has little dedication to any of the sports outside of football. The "athletic period / class" is really a football players class. I've struggled getting info regarding practice, etc for other sports. My older children didn't participate in middle school sports but at the HS level the communication and commitment appear to be on par for all sports but lacking or almost sub par at the middle school level.

Joseph is my third child through LMS. I have witnessed a change take place in this school. For many years the middle school was oppressive. I felt like the students were inmates not people. The majority were being punished for the few. Mr. Miller and his administrators work to make the students feel valued. The idea that good behavior is rewarded is changing the culture at this school. As a parent I feel welcome at the school. When I call with a question or an issue, the person on the other end is helpful. It's refreshing.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

Most of the teachers are very effective, but there will always be a small amount of less effective educators.

Amount of homework: Agree

Most teachers assign very little if any homework. Most of the time homework consists of things students didn't complete in class.

Develops character: Agree

We are working very hard in this area, but we still have room for progress.

I have had two children go through the school, both under different administration, and now I teach there under yet another administration. I believe this is by far the best administration yet seen at this location. I have had a wonderful experience here, and look forward to many more. Yes, our community had had (and still has) growing pains, but I believe this is the right administration to lead us into a greater future.

I have 3 students that are at or gone through Lakeside Middle school. Yes our little town is growing and there are plenty of growing pains, but this school- administration, teachers, custodial, coaches - have been wonderful. Every issue I've had has been addressed, with courtesy & respect for me and my students. My kids have found many ways to participate in the school - sports, art, community service volunteering, etc...the teachers have been very helpful (I have a 504 student) and when they weren't, the AP stood with me and we got it remedied! My students are thriving! My students are happy. I won't hide anything, there are disrespectful students here, but they are everywhere. This school encourages parent involvement...and I take full advantage of it. I'm fully invested in my students education and so is Lakeside Middle School.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

The teachers are very focused on academics but they are still warm and caring. They are so good at finding a perfect balance.

Amount of homework: Agree

Homework is important and the teachers do assign homework. But they offer tutorials when my kids need extra help. Teachers at Lake side do everything to make sure every student is successful.

Last modified Lakeside Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.