Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

We were a little concerned with our daughter entering kindergarten. Her teacher Mrs Cain is absolutely amazing. My child loves this school so much she cries if she has to stay home sick. Wish my other kids could have attended this wonderful school

Both my children have attended Chavez and have had a wonderful experience. The school is very attentive to their needs and offers many programs. Each one has been in a play, choir and percussion. I would highly recommend this school to any parent.

This school helped catch my kids up with state standards. Their old school let them fall through the cracks and just wanted them to repeat. Chavez elementary principal Lowman took the bull by the horns and wrestled that problem to the ground. Our kids got the individual attention they needed, and resources were extended to them to further their academic development. The school also has awesome programs like the chromebook pilot program where children like my 4th grader are able to start learning to use a computer by actually owning one for the duration of the school year, for a nominal fee. He can email his teacher for help with homework, watch instructional videos, and be safe online. It's a fast world we live in, and Chavez is moving with it. Chavez not only caught our kids up, but keeps them in step with emerging technologies and educational resources. We are both pleased, proud, and privileged to be Chavez Eagles!

Please review the school before moving into this school district!! The school district stated they have a special needs program. My child is in kindergarden and it is the most horrible experience. The teachers do not have any mental illness training or qualifications to assist my child. I am in desperate need to find a new environment but it is a hopeless situation. PLEASE DO NOT PUT YOUR CHILD INTO THIS PROGRAM IF YOUR CHILD IS SPECIAL NEEDS. My child has regressed and they do not have a learning program. I only receive updates on how BAD my child is and no progress report on learning!!

Chavez Elementary School is an excellent school. Everyone is friendly, hardworking and attentive to my children. I have had 4 of kids go thru this school. They come home each day telling me something new that they have learned. My kids LOVE attending this school.

This school is awful. The principal has no business dealing with students, parents or teachers. He is very selective in whom he likes. If you are not on his "approved list" you are treated with disdain. Parents know nothing and he knows everything. He belittles his teachers and parents. The school smells of mold and is often too hot or too cold and a substitute teacher was allowed to work in a class while she tested positive with the flu - infecting the kindergarten and second grade.

My child was distracted in class (over populated classrooms), so the school would not allow her to participate in recess so she could catch up. She went to recess less than 12 times in the year because of the lack of class room attention and direction she received. They also have a "rule" that you cant slide until you can count to 100.The principal was misinformed about an issue in my childs class and called me to have a serious discussion about it. I was very distraught about what I was told, and yet was not allowed to ask the teacher about the issue do to it being a sub. However after speaking to several others and visiting with the pricipal again I brought up the huge discrepancy and he said the discrepancies do not matter, and even though he had confused the issue he was not willing to apologize or reconcile the event. Also, we participated in several school sales, which my child was left out of the prize parties because they didn't write her name down or something to that degree.

The counselor at the school offered to help teach my child tricks to focus in class. The first time they met, my child came home and I asked "so how did it go" and was told that the counselor spent the time asking if we hit our child!!

If your Child has Any special needs Avoid this School, From the Principal, Vice Principal, Counselor, and even teacher who is not equipped but in over her head. They act like they want to help but when it comes down to it have done nothing to try and change, Every Question Asked is Deflected they will lie to your face and tell you they are working with your child when you have to Ask them Several times What is Happening with Request for Assistance The Entire time they were not doing anything Until you threaten legal action, Even when it was Requested by a Dr. They will enable negative behavior for weeks at a time then punish the student when they just dont have the means to accommodate them any longer . The Principal doesn't have a Back bone and refuses to be in charge of his Students and is too blind to see that he is causing more harm for these special needs children who are, Very bright Kids but who have found a way to Manipulate the People that are suppose to be in Charge. When parent Recommendations Were Given, I was informed by the Principal he had been doing this for over 20 years and Kids were his business. Well There you Go... and still no plan for next year , Deflected...

The more QUALITY time you spend at home with your child helping them with their homework will go a long way. Quality time means positive reinforcement and correcting disrespectful behavior. Quality time means teaching your child to stay positive and remind them they are in school to learn.

Last modified Cesar Chavez Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.