Posted June 12, 2014
There are many reviews on here regarding teachers not communicating with parents about their children's grade or behavior. Every grade/teacher sends two report cards out during the school year. They also ask for 2 parent- teacher conferences per semester. It sounds to me like the parent's that are griping about not talking to their kid's teachers, never attended the conferences or sent notes asking about their children. My child will be going into the 1st grade and attended K as well as Pre K at Spring Hill. Mr.s. Kennedy was his Pre K teacher and she was a doll- she was wonderful with all of the children (she had 22 in her class) and she always sent home a behavior chart and notes every day. She was an awesome teacher and you could tell all of the children loved her too. Kindergarten was a different story, we got a stricter, older teacher that didn't have that sing-songy nice lady Mrs. Kennedy voice. It took my child some time to adjust to her rules, he is in time out- a lot of talking out of turn and being off task. 1st grade will be a new adventure. My experience from entering Spring Hill with a young child- and not transferring has been nothing short from what i've expected.

Posted December 05, 2012
This school district has got to be one of the worst i have ever seen.. I have 3 children that are either going or have gone to the schools .. the parent/teacher interaction is not there... they do not call you, send letters home to you or even mail you information about how your child is doing. If there is a problem with your childs grades, you better hope your own child will tell you because the teachers wont, which only goes to show you that they dont care. It also shows you how well they are teaching your child, but i have to say this is the best part of it all, they have ONE nurse for all the schools to share, they say the funding is not there for any more nurses ... could it be that all the money has gone to the band hall and athletics? i believe so..... so lets just hope nothing major happens to any of our children while in school..... the only people that will be able to help is 911.....

Posted October 05, 2012
We transferred to Longview from out of state and chose the Spring Hill district to enroll our children because we kept hearing it was "the best" and saw many great reviews. I would strongly urge you NOT to transfer in a high school student. If we could do it over, we would definitely NOT have done it. This recommendation is based on their transfer policies not their staff or students. When grades transfer, they do not transfer fairly. My child lost .5 in his cummulative GPA and lost his honor and AP class recognitions and weighted grades just because of the move. This is going to affect his college choices. If Spring Hill ever changes their policy on open enrollment, I'm sure they will have to revisit the transfer policy, as well. For our family, it will be too late. We are really disappointed.

Posted August 16, 2010
I have two children that attend Spring Hill Primary and in the 4 years that we have been in this school district I have been nothing but IMPRESSED! Every teacher that we have dealt with has gone above and beyond to help my children reach their goals! At the end of First grade my daughter was reading at a 5th grade reading level and could read 98 words a minute! I can't read that fast! The Faculty knows my face and name and when I show up with a question or to pick up my kids they address me by name and call down for my kids! They are super friendly and wouldn't want my children anywhere else!

Posted May 03, 2010

Posted December 11, 2008

Posted October 08, 2008
sorry i have to disagree with her ...i had kids in this school from k-7 and most teachers are tired of teaching or they want more money when they dont teach also if your kid has a learning problem or is slow they hate teaching them....up to date technology where is it ??? i have a niece in another school 2nd grade and she types 40 wpm ...my 8 grader can not do that because they dont have a real computer teacher or focus on what is important like i said technology. well i could go on forever.

Spring Hill High School 4

Posted July 29, 2008

Posted May 14, 2008

Posted April 08, 2008

Spring Hill High School
3101 Spring Hill Road, Longview, TX  75605
Last modified Spring Hill High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Spring Hill High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top