Bad
Good

I work as a pizza delivery driver in a town where Lubbock Monterey High School athletics recently stayed at a local hotel. As is normal for tipped employees, pizza delivery drivers receive below minimum wage and rely on tips as an essential part of our compensation. Lubbock Monterey High School placed a very large order (several hundred dollars worth) and received a substantial discount. When I arrived at the hotel, their team bus was running late and I had to wait at the hotel for 15 minutes. When they arrived, the person in charge signed the credit card slip and on the tip line wrote $0.00. Zero. When one considers the cost of gasoline and basic vehicle maintenance combined with the understanding that the driver is driving his or her own car, not a company vehicle, they realize and understand that it is simply a common courtesy to the driver to tip him or her. Plus waiting for them for 15 minutes is time I could have spent on other deliveries. The fact that Lubbock Monterey High School tipped me zero on this large order communicates to me that Lubbock Monterey High School does not value other people's time and effort, and that is something I would have a big problem with if my child were a student at this school!

We love the faculty and staff at Monterey! I have not had any issues at all with anyone and all are willing to assist when I need it. My daughter (sophmore) loves her school and would be crushed if we took her somewhere else. My son will be a freshman next year and is looking forward to his high school years at MHS. I highly recommend this school to anyone looking for a great, quality education and a family atmosphere.

We just moved over here from New Mexico two months ago. As far as now, my daughter who is a Junior is very happy with all of the overall teaching and band/track/cc activities. We have met some of her teachers and are very pleased. Our daughter has been an honor student since she began attending kindergarten and we feel that Monterey High is a great place. She loves this school, so we back her up 100%.

Last modified Monterey High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.