Posted October 21, 2014
I LOVE this school! The teachers and principal are great and involved! This is also the only international baccalaureate middle school in west Texas!(Also a magnet school.) They have great extra curricular activities such as chess club, Junior Historians, Chinese and German club, etc. They also participate in the Spelling Bee (Spanish and English) Also,they have before and after school tutoring for free. There are so many other amazing things about this school and I really can't think of going anywhere else! -A student

Posted July 02, 2014
Hutch is a great school! Great Principal who is involved and is very professional. Great teacher staff and great athletic programs with great coaches. Hutch has become one of the best academic, fine arts, music, and athletic junior high schools in West Texas.

Posted July 01, 2014
I'm a student right now at Hutch. I moved there late so I was there for a month. In that month, I learned why everyone wanted to come to the school. My teachers are amazing and they seem to care about is. Mrs Dye the principal, she is an amazing person. I recommend that people should come here. It's an amazing school.

Posted July 26, 2013
We had two children in Hutch one for three years the other for one year. We knew people that transferred their children to the school due to its outstanding magnet arts program, advanced curriculum and actually practiced "no tolerance" policy on bullying. The school takes verbal bullying as seriously as physical. The arts, theater, dance, tech, choir and music programs are superb. The sports are all excellant programs. The school wins all the local UIL competitions in the arts and academics. The staff goes above and beyond to communicate with parents from the administration down to the teachers. One of my children had a major surgery while at Hutch and had to be in a wheelchair for about three months after. The administration helped things go smoothly. The kids at Hutch are held to high standards and they live up to them. If you are moving to Lubbock choose a home in the Hutch school district so you don't have to try getting them into the magnet program or risk having them kicked out. The school's academic policies are good about preventing that however as kids will be required to stay after school to finish missing grades. There is also free tutoring available to students.

Posted May 29, 2013
Hutch is wonderful! We transferred into this school for 7th grade. I'm so impressed by the academics, the faculty, and the principal. The offering of all Pre-AP classes plus all the choices for electives was the pull for us. My child is academically bright and the school is filled with academically bright kids, so the learning experience has been challenging but not overwhelming. Students are very well behaved at this school and the principal and staff keeps order in the place. I would highly recommend this school!

Posted March 25, 2010
I go to Hutchinson and I'm in the 8th grade. I started here in the 6th grade, and I have been impressed with it the whole way through. (and I know my parents have been as well) It is such an awesome environment with great academics, this year we had really good sports, amazing fine arts, (our orchestra and band are 20 times better than the high schools), and the teachers are nurturing while still challenging their students. I love the diversity, too. It's a great place to meet new and interesting people and everyone is so accepting and genuinly true to themselves. I would recommend Hutch to anybody.

Posted December 28, 2009
I entered this school in the beggining of the year in 6th grade and I love it! The academics are great and the fine arts are wonderful. This is the best school in this city.

Hutchinson Middle School 4

Posted June 16, 2008
We moved from Dallas and my son has done so much better in this school than any other Dallas school he was ever in.

Posted August 21, 2007

Posted May 31, 2007

Hutchinson Middle School
3102 Canton Avenue, Lubbock, TX  79410
Last modified Hutchinson Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hutchinson Middle School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top