Bad
Good

Bowie teachers and administration do a fantastic job meeting the emotional, educational and social needs of every student.

This school is ok for children who follow the rules easily. My daughter is there and doing just fine, but I had to pull my son and home school him. The principle would rather be a friend than a principle and is extremely passive aggressive. She would frequently call me after school was over to discuss my son because she did not like speaking with me face to face. My son has ADHD and we tried several different med until finally making the choice to remove him from them because the benefits were not outweighing the side effects. His 1st grade teacher was amazing until we made that decision and hen she refused to help. I dropped out of college classes to be available( we live across the street) and they wouldn't call for my help until things had progressed to the point of sending him home. And then the principle would make the excuse that they just didn't have enough hands to be able to deal with him. One incident involved the PE teacher refusing to let my child and other children in her care any water if they did not behave. This school is small, but lacks any sort of leadership and is in the charge of manipulative women on power trips. If your child has trouble don't go!

I'm not at all pleased with this school. Children are not priority. It seems that the principal has no idea what is best for the children nor does she care. I don't recommend this school to anyone. Please do research before placing your child here.

Both of my children went to Bowie. A great neighborhood school. Not one those mega warehouse students type of schools. Small enough for the teachers to care and big enough to provide a quality education. Bowie Elementary is a great asset to Lubbock.

Love the school!!!!! I have 4 children that have attended this school. Mrs. Wood is awesome along with Mrs. Flores of course.Everyone in that school is very friendly and helpful.

I love Bowie! The close knit family atmosphere that is provided there affords my child the opportunity to learn and grow in a place she feels safe and secure

Last modified Bowie Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.