Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

My child was having lots of problems to pay attention in class. He would be depressed and sad because he couldn't keep up. I was told he would not go to 2nd grade based on his behavior despite having decent grades and reading well. The teacher tried accommodating in class but she didn't have enough help. I took the matter in my hands and took him to a diagnostician, pediatrician and finally psychiatrist and turns out he is ADHD and needed medication and occupational therapy. He suddenly was in good standing and given the ok to go to 2nd grade. However they cancelled his transfer anyway because they said they had no more resources to help special children. If your child is perfect and doesn't need additional support then they will do well in Ramirez. Otherwise think about it very well before going there. I know 11 teachers quit this past school year and another was suing the school. Also the Principal has a bat in her office with which she threatens the children who do not behave. It was a very stressful period for my family and my child was not the only one having problems. Other children were failed or transferred back because they didn't behave or have 100s in all grades. A parent.

Develops character: Neutral

Bad experience at this school. My child was never happy here. I'm glad we are not here anymore.

My children did well at this school, thanks to good teachers and a lot of involvement on our part. We had some special needs, and the office and district were very responsive and supportive of the kids and their teachers. The staff works hard to be inclusive of all the children, and to find ways to help those who might be falling behind or soaring ahead of average. Enrichment and encounter (helping) programs are scheduled through the day to provide support for all. The clubs were a great thing for our kids. One thing we did not care for is the new uniform policy. This places too much focus on compliance rather than learning, and punishes good teachers for simply disagreeing with it and trying to teach. We know of several families who withdrew their kids over this issue, and some really good teachers suddenly disappeared after the policy was implemented. What we hope will happen is that the school will get better support from the district. A sudden influx of 120+ preschoolers added a lot of chaos and stretched their resources pretty thin. With the current housing construction going on, it's going to be a tight fit even in that large building.

The leadership is exceptional. Mrs. Parker not only runs the school well, she cares about her students and she expects a lot from the teachers. The teachers are committed, patient, caring and helpful to the children and handle a varied load of learning abilities. They are doing very well with the new curriculum and are working hard to achieve exemplary status. The parents could be more involved but the PTA works hard to take care of the gaps.

This is the most amazing school I have ever seen. they have more resources and more caring teachers than any school I have ever encountered. I have 2 children with a learning disorder and my children are thriving there. They are diverse, compassionate, will do what it takes to help any child with a problem. I wouldn't have my children in any other school.

Last modified Ramirez Charter School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.