Public charter
Lubbock, TX

Ramirez Charter School 3

Posted August 04, 2014
My children did well at this school, thanks to good teachers and a lot of involvement on our part. We had some special needs, and the office and district were very responsive and supportive of the kids and their teachers. The staff works hard to be inclusive of all the children, and to find ways to help those who might be falling behind or soaring ahead of average. Enrichment and encounter (helping) programs are scheduled through the day to provide support for all. The clubs were a great thing for our kids. One thing we did not care for is the new uniform policy. This places too much focus on compliance rather than learning, and punishes good teachers for simply disagreeing with it and trying to teach. We know of several families who withdrew their kids over this issue, and some really good teachers suddenly disappeared after the policy was implemented. What we hope will happen is that the school will get better support from the district. A sudden influx of 120+ preschoolers added a lot of chaos and stretched their resources pretty thin. With the current housing construction going on, it's going to be a tight fit even in that large building.

Posted April 17, 2013
The leadership is exceptional. Mrs. Parker not only runs the school well, she cares about her students and she expects a lot from the teachers. The teachers are committed, patient, caring and helpful to the children and handle a varied load of learning abilities. They are doing very well with the new curriculum and are working hard to achieve exemplary status. The parents could be more involved but the PTA works hard to take care of the gaps.

Posted March 03, 2010
This is the most amazing school I have ever seen. they have more resources and more caring teachers than any school I have ever encountered. I have 2 children with a learning disorder and my children are thriving there. They are diverse, compassionate, will do what it takes to help any child with a problem. I wouldn't have my children in any other school.

Posted August 13, 2009

Posted October 28, 2008
my kids really like this school!

Ramirez Charter School
702 Avenue T, Lubbock, TX  79401
Last modified Ramirez Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ramirez Charter School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top