Posted May 30, 2014
My child just finished kindergarten at Smith Elementary and his teacher, as well as the rest of the Smith staff, have impressed me. Before starting school I taught my son at home the year before. When he started kindergarten his father and I were worried that he would be bored. He was at the beginning since it's basically getting them use to the environment. Now nine months later he is reading at a second grade level and is well ahead of the curve in math as well. His teacher knew and, most importantly, took the time to address each child's ability. We actually researched the elementary schools before enrolling our son and luckily for us one of the best ones was right down the road. The online ratings for Smith were impressive and we are certainly not disappointed - far from. Note: Not everyone is snobby and Smith has students from around the city, making it diverse ethnically and economically. It's a perfect fit for us as academically demanding parents with high expectations for our son. The Smith staff nurturing side has been a welcomed surprise. I highly recommend Preston Smith Elementary to any parent.

Smith Elementary School 0

Posted September 10, 2008
Wonderful staff and teachers, they have such great spirit and awesome teaching tools!

Posted June 16, 2008

Smith Elementary School 0

Posted July 22, 2007
Smith is a great school. The teachers and the staff are very attentive and always putting the parents and students first. We bought our home in the district because the school is so wonderful. I would not ever want to move our kids out of this district.

Posted June 29, 2007
Our 3 children(1going on to Irons) are proud Smith Stars, they love going to school each and every day! The teachers are happy,fun & encouraging,which in turn is a reflection of the outstanding job of the principal Mr. Andrus, he makes it a great school to work at and you can tell the teachers & staff love their positions at Smith! It will be a sad day when our last 2 children are done at Smith but we will know that they got the best possible learning experience! God bless all...

Smith Elementary School
8707 Dover Avenue, Lubbock, TX  79424
(806) 766-2022
Last modified Smith Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Smith Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top