Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Smith is excellent, and it is a nice area to live in. I have a second grader - we transferred here from a school with identical ratings in Round Rock, Texas. I am impressed with the academics and spirit at Smith - the teachers are wonderful and the students are very well behaved. If there are any issues that come up, the teachers have a disposition to be sincerely helpful to assist each child so they can be successful in school.

My daughter finished pre-k at Smith after starting at a different school. She is shy at first so the transition was a bit overwhelming for her but her teacher and the kids helped to make her feel welcome! Love this school! We are lookinh forward to kinder this year!

My child just finished kindergarten at Smith Elementary and his teacher, as well as the rest of the Smith staff, have impressed me. Before starting school I taught my son at home the year before. When he started kindergarten his father and I were worried that he would be bored. He was at the beginning since it's basically getting them use to the environment. Now nine months later he is reading at a second grade level and is well ahead of the curve in math as well. His teacher knew and, most importantly, took the time to address each child's ability. We actually researched the elementary schools before enrolling our son and luckily for us one of the best ones was right down the road. The online ratings for Smith were impressive and we are certainly not disappointed - far from. Note: Not everyone is snobby and Smith has students from around the city, making it diverse ethnically and economically. It's a perfect fit for us as academically demanding parents with high expectations for our son. The Smith staff nurturing side has been a welcomed surprise. I highly recommend Preston Smith Elementary to any parent.

Wonderful staff and teachers, they have such great spirit and awesome teaching tools!

Smith is a great school. The teachers and the staff are very attentive and always putting the parents and students first. We bought our home in the district because the school is so wonderful. I would not ever want to move our kids out of this district.

Our 3 children(1going on to Irons) are proud Smith Stars, they love going to school each and every day! The teachers are happy,fun & encouraging,which in turn is a reflection of the outstanding job of the principal Mr. Andrus, he makes it a great school to work at and you can tell the teachers & staff love their positions at Smith! It will be a sad day when our last 2 children are done at Smith but we will know that they got the best possible learning experience! God bless all...

Last modified Smith Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.