Public charter
Lubbock, TX

Harmony Science Academy (Lubbock) 1

Posted August 20, 2015
We went and took a tour of the school. For many different reasons we chose not to let my son attend Harmony Science. I called 3 times to tell them this, the first being the day after our tour (in April), the second after I received a phone call telling me about open house, the third was after another phone call telling me he missed the first day of school...... every time I told them " my son is not attending your school." THREE TIMES!!! They still requested school transcripts from my sons current school, which unenrolled him. I found this out at open house, he was kicked out of his class and I had to re enroll him. What an unbelievable pain they caused. They lack communication. If you have to call for any reason, get the names of the people you talk to and document all conversations so your time does not get wasted and your child does not get disappointed.

Posted February 13, 2015
Hey, I am harmony science academy student here in Lubbock. The teachers here are really great. They really care about your future and they're willing to do anything it takes to make sure that the students have the right education.

Posted February 13, 2015
I have been at Harmony Science Academy since 2007, which is when it opened, and though I was skeptical at first, the student/ Teacher ratio provided me more chances to understand the material taught in the classes. And though there was a bunch of things up in the air, the school has brought many of them down to earth. All in all HSA-Lubbock is a great school to learn in and enjoy the Sciences, Maths, and Engineering fields.

Posted February 13, 2015
Great school! They really helped me with my college search and offered many Dual Credit and AP courses to take! I've been enrolled in Harmony for 4 years and extremely glad that I will be graduating here. If you are looking for a school that is not crowded or cluttered, has excellent teachers that care for their students and offers a safe learning environment, then I definitely recommend this school! Muy Bueno ;D

Posted February 13, 2015
This is the greatest school I've ever attended. I've been to many schools. This is by one of the best. This school offers many opportunities. Numerous school trips and functions. The STEM program is phenomenal. They offer a plethora of clubs and committees. The faculty and staff are very dedicated. It is a safe and excellent learning environment.

Posted February 13, 2015
Harmony Science Academy is the most amazing School I have seen by far. The teachers work well with the students. They keep them after school for tutoring and encourage them to keep their grades up. Harmony besides it excellent staff has a great activities such as an art class and a robotics class. The students work great together this is another good thing I love about this school. There are no fights whatsoever the students are very close and learn to work together very well. This is why Harmony Science Academy is the most amazing School i've seen by far.

Posted February 13, 2015
After attending Harmony for 5 years, I can say that there is no other school like this. The teachers at Harmony are devoted to helping their students better their skills in all areas. The small class sizes allow the students to get the attention that they need in order to gain all the knowledge that they can. I have learned so many things here that I will keep with me throughout my life. Harmony has become a second home to me and my classmates. This school doesn't just offer education, it provides a family.

Posted May 09, 2014
This school is great and working great for my daughters (one in 1st grade, one in 5th grade), they are both getting a good education. My daughters have been at this school for 2 years and are doing really well. Both of our children are happy - love it here; they love going to school in the morning. I was able to take a look round the school at lesson time and was really impressed with the rapport the teachers have with the students and with the general standard of behavior. In grades 6-12, each student assigned a Google Chromebook, allowed to take it home. Most of all, we appreciate the excellent academic standards offered and maintained by the school and we would certainly recommend Harmony Science Academy Lubbock to anyone looking to provide their children with an excellent all-round educational experience.

Posted October 30, 2012
Here's the deal. You get out of this school what you are willing to put in. I have worked at this school and have had my kids there. The school is designed for academic excellence. If your kid puts in the effort, they will excel. However, they also have to have numbers to operate. There are a few bad seeds in the school. You will find them everywhere. If and when Harmony takes a stronger stance in getting the bad seeds out, I think this school will work the way it does in Houston and other places. Eventually, if enough kids that want to be there enroll, then you will find that this school is an incredible option to public school. I still have a son there. The smaller class sizes help him focus on his studies. One teacher we could do without, but you can't win everything. The bottom line... if you can get in, do it. Eventually there will be enough good kids in there where they can turn away the problem kids.

Posted August 21, 2012
I wonder if the two former teachers that submitted reviews would have done so it they had not been fired. It would seem that the two teachers would fit into the category of disgruntled former employees. My child attends Harmony and flourishes there where as before Harmony the opposite was true. They have some really great teacher and some not so great like any other school. The only complaint that I have is it seems a bit unorganized at times. Harmony may not be for every child, but for mine it the only thing.

Harmony Science Academy (Lubbock)
1516 53rd Street, Lubbock, TX  79412
Last modified Harmony Science Academy (Lubbock) is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Harmony Science Academy (Lubbock) Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top