Bad
Good

Good school...Has all the courses required to prepare students for college or other career fields.

This school was not a good fit for our children, however if your child is not necessarily "college-material" and is interested in doing hair or working in the oil fields this may be a great school for your family. Academics are not rigorous and courses that you need may not be offered, however if your child struggles in school they seem accommodating and I've heard the special education department is wonderful, especially the dyslexia program.

Cooper is a great school to go to. I am currently a freshman and I love it. I play football and we have a great program. Coach always has high expectations of us on and off the field. He makes sure our behavior in the classrooms are perfect too. I'm in acc/pre ap classes and they definitely make a difference. They are challenging but for the best. They make me overall smarter as a student. I highly recommend Cooper High school.

I went to Cooper during my sophomore year after moving to Lubbock from out of state. I had a decent experience. The faculty and staff were mostly kind but sometimes lacked the knowledge/self-awareness to be effective. The students are mostly a rural population from wealthy backgrounds. Extremely Conservative. The student body as a whole lacked a well rounded world view. Anyway the academics were not challenging ( I took all pre-AP/dual credit classes) and teachers enjoyed handing out busywork. I transferred to Lubbock high for my next two years and had a much better experience. The academics were more rigorous, the student body more diverse and well rounded, and the faculty/staff more competent. So Cooper is not a terrible school but one can do much better with other public schools in the area.

This school really only focuses on its rural population. If you are a student that only cares about Ag and living a small town life you may like this school. If you care about AP courses and Dual Credit you will be very disappointed. I am glad that I can choose to not go here again.

Lubbock-Cooper is an excellent school with teachers and administrators who truly care for your child. Great academic programs, wonderful extra-curricular activities--you can do no better than Lubbock-Cooper.

Last modified Lubbock-Cooper High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.