Bad
Good

This is a wonderful school, my daughter will be in 4th and son in 1st this fall but this past few months has made me think twice. They hired a non-certified person who finished her classes online, and passed one of the tests, no classroom experience at all and have put her in a TAKS grade. I questioned the administration (it wasn't the principal or teachers that wanted her there) and was told to hush or get banned from the school. I have worked my tail off as a parent, student teacher and substitute and they made my life miserable because I do not think someone with no classroom experience should be in a classroom. My daughter will probably not be there this fall and my son will stay only because of who he will have for first grade. I may sound bitter but no parent whould have to go through what I have gone through the last couple of months. Think twice about putting your kids out here. Hundreds of teachers out of work and this is what they do. She worked as an aid for two years but no classroom experience. Because of this I can only give Cooper South an average rating.

I cannot tell you fit in this paragraph all the wonderful things about this school. They invited my daughter with open arms. I got to know everyone immediately and because it is hard for me to meet with the teachers face to face (full time job plus part time student) I communicate through emails. They make it easy to view lesson plans and my child's spelling words online and you can even pay your child's lunches ONLINE. Of course those are just small things. I could just feel the warmth from the faculty when we entered the school. My daughter is very comfortable here and warmed up easily as did I. The principal and vice principal and everyone in the office are very approachable and go beyond to help parents and student. We love this school!

Last modified Lubbock-Cooper South Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.