Lubbock, TX

Posted August 21, 2013
We had very high hopes for Cooper Central but after two years our hopes have diminished. I believe the other Cooper schools are great but Central is not. There are some fantastic teachers and awesome kids but the administration is terrible. The school is over all very unorganized and overly focused on testing. First graders are given 6-10 tests on average weekly. The only grades they receive are test grades. If the kids fail a test (which happens often) they are not offered any reteaching. These are 6 and 7 year olds! They move on to the next topic or concept without any mastery of the last one. There is very little emphasis on core concepts such as reading and writing. We feel our child is behind because of the lack of focus on the basic fundamentals. We had to transfer out of the district because transfers are not accepted between elementary schools within the district. Very sad situation.

Posted May 29, 2013
Cooper schools are great, but this new one is lacking. My kids watch more movies than ever. It seems like every day they watch some unrelated movie or search youtube for something fun. Where is the actual learning? They also are cancelling the afterschool program, so nowhere safe now for the kids to go. The principal is never responsive to anything. Cooper West and Cooper North are much better. And beware of the teacher helping out with the morning drop off area. She has almost gotten kids run over on several occasions. I've had to yell at her more than once about not paying attention to what she is doing. She has no clue how to control cars and is a big liability.

Posted May 06, 2013
If you would have asked me a 6 months ago, I would have told you this is a top notch school with a fantastic administration. However, the principal and some other administrators have taken the power they have to become dictators over the teachers. This school has some of the finest teachers I've ever had the pleasure of working with, however, the principal seems to have gotten on a power trip and often acts on her emotions, causing the morale of the whole school to go down. Too bad really. I believe the principal needs some formal training, and to work to become neutral when dealing with her staff. Aside from that, I believe that the administration throughout the district is a prime example of nepotism and the negative effects that come from it.

Lubbock-Cooper Central Elementary School 1

Posted April 09, 2013
My kids complain about all the hair they find in their food. I've seem too as well have trouble with the staff and teachers lets just say I know my kids education is better off else where!

Lubbock-Cooper Central Elementary School 1

Posted April 09, 2013
before my kids went here they were going to North Cooper that school is AWESOME!My kids transfered (the ONLY reason for that is because where we live is right on the line of north, south & central district both north & south (from what we were told) already had to many kids so we had to transfer to central) & ever since this change my kids are having so many issues concering other kids & staff members. My son who was suppose to get testing done at the begining of 2012 as disscussed with the prinicple, counselor, and his teacher of 2011 & of course at the begining of 2012 i started asking when he was going to get tested & ever time i got a different answers & unfortunately this school year is over & he has yet to be tested oh but wait ive been told he will at the begining of NEXT year 2013! My daughter did get into some trouble with 2 other students guess what she got 1 whole day of ISS (which i happen to agree with) but the other 2 got HALF days of ISS when they ALL had something to do with the incident & did the same amount of damage. This school is the worse i wish my kids could go back to North. Next year im thinking NEW SCHOOL!!!!!! good bye cooper :)

Lubbock-Cooper Central Elementary School
16302 Route 493 Loop, Lubbock, TX  79423
Last modified Lubbock-Cooper Central Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lubbock-Cooper Central Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top