No rating

Lubbock Christian School

Private | PK-12

Living in Lubbock

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $96,200. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $660.

Posted August 10, 2014

Something desperately needs to be done about the bullying!!! I think if the issue is addressed during chapel on a monthly basis, maybe it will assist. How about inviting speakers on the topic visit occasionally? Students/parents need to be aware of the ramifications of this behavior. If the issue is not addressed, then NOTHING changes.

Posted July 2, 2014

Not a chance. The famous LCS /LCU/Greenlawn bubble of Lubbock Texas. I'm not kidding when I say these people really are in their own little world. We had three children going here and the bullying was astounding. The parents are the same, the kids are just immulate what they see. We were here for 2 years.

Posted June 11, 2014

Where do I start. There's a reason why LCS has a reputation around Lubbock. The parents are clickly, snobby, and can't seem to look up from their precious smartphones while the kids play on the playground. If you address bullying (and trust me, it's here) you are shunned or in some cases, fired for it. The kids only immulate the parents. Our kids saw what was happening and we got out of there. Good luck.

Posted May 7, 2014

I have three children who attend LCS. We do not attend a Church of Christ and have found the school to be wonderfully accepting. The Kindergarten program is fantastic and now we have both a son and and daughter in middle school. The classrooms have fantastic modern equipment, teachers who genuinely care about the kids, and studies based around the Christian world view. The Science Building is cutting edge and the teacher is inspiring. We currently don't have any kids in sports there but we attend many games and love the "small school" spirit. Great sportsmanship and winning teams. Our son is in their award winning band and has been inspired by the music program. Of course there are areas we haven't seen eye-to-eye but we have found teachers and administrators to be open and fair. Parents are encouraged to be active and lots of opportunities to be involved are offered, without pressure. I recommend you take a tour and see the kids and teachers interacting. Some of the buildings are older but ongoing building campaigns continue to update the facility with modern building. Our family loves LCS.

Posted May 7, 2014

I work with schools throughout the area in my job. When my oldest was ready to start school, we visited several places and immediately felt like LCS was our home. I think everyone knows that different places fit for different people and one bad experience does not mean it is a bad school. This is the fit for us. We are not Church of Christ and have never found that to be an issue. My child has dyslexia and since the diagnosis, we have received nothing but support from the school and the teachers. Is the school perfect? By no means. Do they strive to improve and be better? Definitely. Do they love and care for the children in their care? Without a doubt. I certainly agree the buildings need improvement and the school board would not disagree. That is a work in progress. The teaching is excellent and focused on real education. There is teasing and bullying and I believe sometimes it could be handled better, but this is true of every single school in the nation. This is a national problem, not an LCS problem. At LCS, every adult knows the name of every child. The children are being raised by a village and that was what spoke to me.

Posted March 8, 2014

AWFUL!!!! Allowed a teacher to embarrass a child and then the same teacher made the student cry. Buildings are old and dilapidated. Campus is spread out and NO SECURITY!!!! I removed my child from here.

Posted August 29, 2011

I am not pleased with this school in the least! Now where do I start? First off my child had issues fitting in, since everything here is associated with athletics. My child has always been interested in art but he has not even been able to express himself through his own clothing! These uniforms the children are forced to tolerate are unacceptable to a financially struggling family. I thought the other children would welcome my son but he didn't have a chance with the kids because he was ignored. Bullying is a big problem at this school and I suggest that someone should fix it. Hopefully Trinity Christian will prove to be more christian than this sad excuse for a school was to my son.

Posted April 30, 2010

My daughter started at LCS this year. I was kind of nervous. But that was calmed early in the year. The teachers here are the best you will find. They don't push beliefs of the Church of Christ on you at all. Many benefits come with attending this school. My daughter has enjoyed every minute and wants to keep attending. I am a single parent and it is affordable. Everybody knows everybody. I love this fact because I can trust that my child is in good hands. No bullying allowed!!!!

Posted April 24, 2006

IF the student desires to learn, the faculty and staff create the environment. The majority of the faculty work very well with individual students. Parents are encouraged to become involved, yet there is not doubt that the administration run the school. We have found this stability very encouraging THe background of the faculty and staff is more diversed that I thought it would be.

Posted October 7, 2005

This place is terrible! The teacher teach in a lecture style of the 1950. The person that said that children that are non-church of christ was in a word right! My child was harrassed until they were in tears! The computer lab never worked! The yearbook teacher gave an assingment to interview the new kid to a new kid! how were they suppose to know who was a new kid? My child hear curse words that they have never heard before used by the kids at this school. When I told the pricipal about it he did nothing. The texts books were out of date and not alined with TAKS. I found out the hard way that these people don't want to hear a complaint and will support the school no matter what! Then after you complain about something will try to run you and your kid off. How 'christian'!

Posted August 20, 2005

This is a great school. Parents and teachers are very involved. My daughter started real band in the 5th grade, and has won awards at a science fair at Texas Tech. Kids love their teachers and learn many important lessons from them. The school is like a huge family, everybody is there to support the kids. Excellent sports teams with coaches who care about the kids. The kids aren't there to help the coaches resume, but to be challenged and grow. Can't go wrong here.

Posted November 20, 2004

I'll tell you a few reasons why I consider LCHS to be the best choice for my high school career: 2004 girls cross country - State Champions, 2004 girls volleyball State Runner-up, 2004 boys All-state cross country individual (4th place), the football team is undefeated and in the state semifinals this weekend. We have completed just 3 sports and are already well ahead of any other area school with our success. We are also ranked #2 in the pre-season polls for boys basketball and #1 for boys baseball. We are returning all of our boys track athletes from last year's 3rd place campaign. The LCHS band has won many state championships including 3 in the last 5 years. It would be hard to find anything at LCHS that does not have amazing success! You can be sure that God is at work at LCHS.
—Submitted by a student

Posted October 19, 2004

This is a great school for all kids of all religions. Everyone is traeted the same at this school, not to mention the academics are top notch. The athletics arent to bad either. This is a great school with a great faculty and staff and is a great place to learn.
—Submitted by a student

Posted October 17, 2004

Great School. Kids come from several denominations and get along very well. My son graduated after attending 2 and 1/2 years. Parental involvement exceeds most schools. The school wins awards each year in academics, sports and community involvement. Great religious emphasis with chapel every day and Bible Courses taught by qualified instructors. Technology is updated on a regular basis such as updated computers, projectors and now edline technology is about to be introduced. Lots of cooperation and camaradie among the staff. Sports program is outstanding. Band program is second to none.

Posted October 16, 2004

The person who stated that non-Church of Christ kids are hassled until they leave aer, in a word, WRONG!! My kids (3) are Methodist and love the school and have great friendships with Church of Christ kids. Like all schools there are malcontents ... it's not for everyone, but I'mnot sure there's a school anywhere that is.

Posted October 15, 2004

This is a wonderful school with the most caring faculty/staff around. Academics are very strong and the principal leadership is great. Athletic programs are strong and the coaching staff is among the best you can find. I find it interesting that these couple of people have had such harsh things to say about LCS. The student body consists of church of christ kids as well as baptist, methodist, non-denominational, catholic, hindu, 7th day adventists and I could go on and on. . This is a great place for students to learn in a safe environment and be accepted regardless of race or religion.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted October 1, 2004

This school is horrible. The teachers are very lacking in up-to-date methods in teaching. If you aren't church of christ your kid won't make friends easily. Like that other person said go to trinity christian. They test kids for placement so they get the best education possible.

Posted January 31, 2004

Horrible School for kids with learning disabilities. Students that are not Church of Christ are harassed until they leave. Academics are out dated, computer lab never was up and running. Go to Trinity Christian!
—Submitted by a former student

Asian or Pacific Islander N/A 3%
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Two or more races 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Church of christ
Associations
  • NCSA
Fax number
  • (806) 791-3569

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

2604 Dover Ave