Bad
Good

My family has loved this school! Just like EVERY other school on the planet, it has it problems. My opinion is that the good out weigh the bad. My children have been loved on and cared for from Kindergarten until graduation. The teachers care about my child's relationship with Christ and not just as another student in their class. I put LCS's graduates up against any other school. They are well prepared for the next level.

Academics & Environment: For the most part, the staff handles the students well and offer challenging course work. The teachers are caring and well prepared. The great majority of the kids that go there are well behaved and bright. On the downside, students that are related to anybody on LCS staff or administration are unabashedly given special treatment and accolades. Who's going to get that plum part in a play? Wonder who's going to get exactly what instrument they want in band? Wonder who's going to get awards left and right? No need to wonder - it will be any student associated with the staff, administration, LCU (yes - LCU), board or donor. If you're not associated this group or cannot afford to donate a trunk load of spare cash to LCS, forget about it. You just have to accept it and explain as best as you can to your kids. At least they'll learn some harsh and blatant life lessons along with learning in a Christian environment. And, that leads me to sports. If you wonder who is going to get the bulk of the playing time in a sport or who gets the 'cherry' positions, look first to the same criteria as academics: Which kid is related to staff, administration, board or donor. Then, look at who is coaching (at least at the middle school level) . At the Middle School level, LCS lets parents coach, and the reason that the parents coach is so they can put their kids in whatever position they want. Not even a pretense of a 'tryout', just give the plum position to your kid. So if you want to ensure your kid gets that coveted position, go coach at LCS Middle School so you can put your kid where he wants to play. There are no qualms at all at LCS about playing 'daddy-ball', 'mommy-ball' or 'money-ball'. I thought that experiencing all these issues in youth programs (softball, baseball, basketball, soccer, football) that they would fade at the middle school and high school level. But unfortunately they don't at LCS. If anything, it is exacerbated. At the end of the day, at least your child can still read and learn from the Bible there and be associated with good, well behaved kids.

Amount of homework: Agree

Assignments and grades are tracked through an application called 'Renweb'. Unfortunately, many times teachers do not enter in graded work to Renweb which causes much confusion at home when assignments show up as 'missing' or are graded as a '0', both of which result usually in an alarmingly low average grade. You have to constantly be on your toes to contact a teacher as to whether an assignment is really missing or not.

Develops character: Agree

Teachers hold students to a high standard and use biblical scripture to cultivate honesty, integrity and fairness (for the most part - favoritism is still an issue here unfortunately).

Something desperately needs to be done about the bullying!!! I think if the issue is addressed during chapel on a monthly basis, maybe it will assist. How about inviting speakers on the topic visit occasionally? Students/parents need to be aware of the ramifications of this behavior. If the issue is not addressed, then NOTHING changes.

Not a chance. The famous LCS /LCU/Greenlawn bubble of Lubbock Texas. I'm not kidding when I say these people really are in their own little world. We had three children going here and the bullying was astounding. The parents are the same, the kids are just immulate what they see. We were here for 2 years.

Where do I start. There's a reason why LCS has a reputation around Lubbock. The parents are clickly, snobby, and can't seem to look up from their precious smartphones while the kids play on the playground. If you address bullying (and trust me, it's here) you are shunned or in some cases, fired for it. The kids only immulate the parents. Our kids saw what was happening and we got out of there. Good luck.

I have three children who attend LCS. We do not attend a Church of Christ and have found the school to be wonderfully accepting. The Kindergarten program is fantastic and now we have both a son and and daughter in middle school. The classrooms have fantastic modern equipment, teachers who genuinely care about the kids, and studies based around the Christian world view. The Science Building is cutting edge and the teacher is inspiring. We currently don't have any kids in sports there but we attend many games and love the "small school" spirit. Great sportsmanship and winning teams. Our son is in their award winning band and has been inspired by the music program. Of course there are areas we haven't seen eye-to-eye but we have found teachers and administrators to be open and fair. Parents are encouraged to be active and lots of opportunities to be involved are offered, without pressure. I recommend you take a tour and see the kids and teachers interacting. Some of the buildings are older but ongoing building campaigns continue to update the facility with modern building. Our family loves LCS.

I work with schools throughout the area in my job. When my oldest was ready to start school, we visited several places and immediately felt like LCS was our home. I think everyone knows that different places fit for different people and one bad experience does not mean it is a bad school. This is the fit for us. We are not Church of Christ and have never found that to be an issue. My child has dyslexia and since the diagnosis, we have received nothing but support from the school and the teachers. Is the school perfect? By no means. Do they strive to improve and be better? Definitely. Do they love and care for the children in their care? Without a doubt. I certainly agree the buildings need improvement and the school board would not disagree. That is a work in progress. The teaching is excellent and focused on real education. There is teasing and bullying and I believe sometimes it could be handled better, but this is true of every single school in the nation. This is a national problem, not an LCS problem. At LCS, every adult knows the name of every child. The children are being raised by a village and that was what spoke to me.

AWFUL!!!! Allowed a teacher to embarrass a child and then the same teacher made the student cry. Buildings are old and dilapidated. Campus is spread out and NO SECURITY!!!! I removed my child from here.

Last modified Lubbock Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12