Lubbock Christian School 2

Posted August 10, 2014
Something desperately needs to be done about the bullying!!! I think if the issue is addressed during chapel on a monthly basis, maybe it will assist. How about inviting speakers on the topic visit occasionally? Students/parents need to be aware of the ramifications of this behavior. If the issue is not addressed, then NOTHING changes.

Posted July 02, 2014
Not a chance. The famous LCS /LCU/Greenlawn bubble of Lubbock Texas. I'm not kidding when I say these people really are in their own little world. We had three children going here and the bullying was astounding. The parents are the same, the kids are just immulate what they see. We were here for 2 years.

Posted June 11, 2014
Where do I start. There's a reason why LCS has a reputation around Lubbock. The parents are clickly, snobby, and can't seem to look up from their precious smartphones while the kids play on the playground. If you address bullying (and trust me, it's here) you are shunned or in some cases, fired for it. The kids only immulate the parents. Our kids saw what was happening and we got out of there. Good luck.

Posted May 07, 2014
I have three children who attend LCS. We do not attend a Church of Christ and have found the school to be wonderfully accepting. The Kindergarten program is fantastic and now we have both a son and and daughter in middle school. The classrooms have fantastic modern equipment, teachers who genuinely care about the kids, and studies based around the Christian world view. The Science Building is cutting edge and the teacher is inspiring. We currently don't have any kids in sports there but we attend many games and love the "small school" spirit. Great sportsmanship and winning teams. Our son is in their award winning band and has been inspired by the music program. Of course there are areas we haven't seen eye-to-eye but we have found teachers and administrators to be open and fair. Parents are encouraged to be active and lots of opportunities to be involved are offered, without pressure. I recommend you take a tour and see the kids and teachers interacting. Some of the buildings are older but ongoing building campaigns continue to update the facility with modern building. Our family loves LCS.

Posted May 07, 2014
I work with schools throughout the area in my job. When my oldest was ready to start school, we visited several places and immediately felt like LCS was our home. I think everyone knows that different places fit for different people and one bad experience does not mean it is a bad school. This is the fit for us. We are not Church of Christ and have never found that to be an issue. My child has dyslexia and since the diagnosis, we have received nothing but support from the school and the teachers. Is the school perfect? By no means. Do they strive to improve and be better? Definitely. Do they love and care for the children in their care? Without a doubt. I certainly agree the buildings need improvement and the school board would not disagree. That is a work in progress. The teaching is excellent and focused on real education. There is teasing and bullying and I believe sometimes it could be handled better, but this is true of every single school in the nation. This is a national problem, not an LCS problem. At LCS, every adult knows the name of every child. The children are being raised by a village and that was what spoke to me.

Posted March 08, 2014
AWFUL!!!! Allowed a teacher to embarrass a child and then the same teacher made the student cry. Buildings are old and dilapidated. Campus is spread out and NO SECURITY!!!! I removed my child from here.

Posted August 29, 2011
I am not pleased with this school in the least! Now where do I start? First off my child had issues fitting in, since everything here is associated with athletics. My child has always been interested in art but he has not even been able to express himself through his own clothing! These uniforms the children are forced to tolerate are unacceptable to a financially struggling family. I thought the other children would welcome my son but he didn't have a chance with the kids because he was ignored. Bullying is a big problem at this school and I suggest that someone should fix it. Hopefully Trinity Christian will prove to be more christian than this sad excuse for a school was to my son.

Posted April 30, 2010
My daughter started at LCS this year. I was kind of nervous. But that was calmed early in the year. The teachers here are the best you will find. They don't push beliefs of the Church of Christ on you at all. Many benefits come with attending this school. My daughter has enjoyed every minute and wants to keep attending. I am a single parent and it is affordable. Everybody knows everybody. I love this fact because I can trust that my child is in good hands. No bullying allowed!!!!

Lubbock Christian School 2

Posted March 14, 2009

Posted April 24, 2006
IF the student desires to learn, the faculty and staff create the environment. The majority of the faculty work very well with individual students. Parents are encouraged to become involved, yet there is not doubt that the administration run the school. We have found this stability very encouraging THe background of the faculty and staff is more diversed that I thought it would be.

Lubbock Christian School
2604 Dover Ave, Lubbock, TX  79407
Last modified Lubbock Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Lubbock Christian School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top