Trinity Christian School

Private | PK-12

Living in Lubbock

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $96,800. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $810.

Sweep tile

Posted August 29, 2012

We sent our son to TCS with the expectation of quality education with a Christian foundation. We were sorely disappointed. The administration and faculty have no understanding of basic child psychology nor do they have any compassion toward the children. Their main goal in fund raising is not to invest in educating the children but to expanding the campus and recruiting more students. It is merely a numbers game. There were basic questions the elementary students asked that the teacher was unable to answer. I happened to be in the class room and provided the answer. This is merely a symptom of a bigger problem at the school. They desire only robots who follow without question, fit into a specific mold, and have money. All others needs not apply. We are well off but have no need to prove it to anyone least of all our children's schools. Their perception that were not led the VP of the elementary school to tell me every time she saw me that TCS was too good for my son and we should take him elsewhere. They bullied my son and I am happy to say we are not part of their 'family' anymore. Be very wary of sending your children to a school that discourages individual thought.

Posted November 1, 2011

I had high hopes when I more than doubled the budget for schooling by sending my daughter to preschool here. Her teacher was absolutely wonderful, however it became apparent that she had little communication or organizational support from administration. I was repeatedly frustrated by their lack of organization. I was told the preschool follows a Montessori approach. This could not be further from the truth...Lots of worksheets. However, she did come home learning and growing in her faith and their music program is excellent. I too often also felt that it was a judgemental environment

Posted November 15, 2009

Trinity Christian School was a great experience for our son. He really enjoyed the fellowship & the Christians setting. He embraced the high standards set before him in all areas. TCS offers more than an education; it gives the kids a strong foundation in every area of their lives. TSC Athletics are awesome too. It is well worth the private tuition fees.

Posted July 29, 2009

I have gone to this school my whole life! I love it and would recommend it to anyone and everyone. They far surpass the academics of all of the surrounding schools. The teachers are encouraging and help you reach your full potential and far beyond.

Posted July 29, 2009

I have four children in Trinity. My children have excelled at this school thanks to the supportive teachers and faculty. Trinity has taught my children to raise the standard as they live there life fully for the Lord. I have seen other children in this school who had recently met Christ and Trinity helped them to grow in the Lord and reach their full potential. Trinity is a great school, and I recommend it to any parent who wants their children to learn more about the Lord, excel academically as they have many extra curricular activities, and want to be more invloved in their child's life.

Posted May 12, 2009

My daughter attends preschool at Trinity. The class she is in is a little large for my taste- I think she would have benefited from being in one of the smaller groups but she has learned a lot. Still, for the money, I could have taken her somewhere else to be in a smaller class size. I would recommend being more particular about the group that your child goes into if you choos Trinity. Most of the other parents just love it. I'm not sending her back there for kindergarden. I believe she will be as well served at public school.

Posted June 8, 2008

I absolutely love this school. Spiritually, it is a very unique and healthy environment that I personally can point to for my own foundation. Academically, it is unrivaled in the area. I attend one of the nation's top universities and feel more prepared than most of my peers for the challenges I face here.

Posted February 23, 2007

I went to Trinity for 5 years 2-6 grade. I love that school, I felt good about going to school, the teachers were the best. If I had the money I would have my three kids in there. When I moved to Slaton ISD going into 7th grade when I got to Slaton I did not even go to 7th grade.So I thank God every day for Trinity
—Submitted by a former student

Posted October 29, 2006

Trinity Christian School is a great school for learning(spiritually and academically). I myself am attending Trinity. I am in upperschool and it is the best thing that has ever happened to me! The teachers are great the coaches are great, everything about it is great! For all the people who think this is a bad school. You are completely wrong! If you want your kids to grow and prosper academically and spiritually attend Trinity Elementary, Trinity Junior High, or Trinity High School. All of them are great!

Posted August 20, 2006

We put two children through the Trinity System from Pre K through High School Graduation. Trinity has an elitist air about it, if you are moneyed or have professional credentials, your voice carries more weight. English is probably the strong point.The academics are limited by the quality of the teachers. Science and math were lacking over the years. Both of my students are doing well in college and came through the system with high moral standards. If I had it to do over again, I would still choose Trinity, mainly for it's Christian worldview which lays a good foundation for future success.

Posted July 19, 2006

I have two children attending Trinity and we could say nothing but positive things about this school. They teach your children manner and respect second to none. The christian foundation in tremendous. Parental involvement is a huge thing at Trinity. We transferred from a public school to Trinity and it has been an excellent choice. We thank God for the opportunity to attend such a awesome school.

Posted April 12, 2006

As a parent of 3 kids that attended Trinity elementary, jr. high and high school, I would strongly encourage parents to consider other options in Lubbock. At one time, Trinity had much to offer, including quality academics and a challenging spiritual environment. Sadly, over the past 4-5 years, the school has taken a drastic spiral downward. I must say that the lower school is still capable of offering students a strong spiritual foundation. However, I have very few positive things to say concerning the Upper school, and particularly the administration of the high school. If you are looking for a legalistic and extremely judgemental institution, with very little value on the individual student, this school might be one of the best choices. We found public school to be much more of an oportunity for our kids to succeed - academically, socially, and spiritually.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted November 20, 2004

I went to Trinity for 5 years and LCHS for 6 years. I disagree with Trinity being the best school in Lubbock. I never really felt accepted for who I was. It seemed that the faculty wanted me to fit into a mold that was not my own or the one God wanted for me. I did not have very many opportunities to succeed. LCHS is a completely different story. I had opportunities to succeed in athletics (All-state cross country, track, basketball manager, etc.), music (state championship band and jazz band), and student leadership (student senate president). I don't want to sound like I am bragging on myself, but I know that I would not be the Christian leader I am today if it weren't for LCHS and all the opportunities it offered me. LCHS is also on its way to another TAPPS 3A all-around school state championship. Thanks. God bless.

Posted August 26, 2004

Trinity Christian is actually 2 schools operating under 1 umbrella. The Lower school (pk-6)and the Upper school (7-12). For the Lower School I would give a 5 star rating on all ratings across the board, teachers are there b/c they love to teach, refreshing. Learning field trips organized and lead by parents in cooperation with teachers are an often occurance. The Upper school is weak academically. The emphasis in funding and focus is on the sports. New gym outdated computer lab. We have chosen to keep our son in the Upper school. There are teen peer preassures here just like a public school, but on a much smaller scale and at a much later age. We believe our son will graduate with a much stronger moral compass having attended Trinity than he would in publice school.

Posted February 24, 2004

Elementary provided a good basic education, and consistent basic doctrine in Bible class. In upper school, inconsistent theology was taught from grade to grade. Administration/teachers were not nearly as helpful as in public school, which my kids transferred to in jr. hi/high school. Trinity has limited course offerings, and gives little leeway in exploring options. Latin and creation based science courses were great though. It is a 'social' school, with a defite popular group. Very very focused on athletics. I suggest you visit a Bible class to make sure it's consistent with your beliefs. They claim to have a code of discipline, but it was often pretty arbitrary. Money/social standing talk.

Posted August 26, 2003

This school by far is the best in Lubbock. Their staff is the lowest paid and teach because they love to teach. The school promotes parent involvement which is essential for letting children know that you care.

Posted August 10, 2003

Yes this school may be a Christian school, but not at all open to adapting for any kind of difference. Whether it be a physical or learning difference or simply a student coming from a single family. They treat kids with differences of these sorts as misfits. I have not found any evidence that Trinity wants what's best for the student. This judgemental atmosphere is not in any way a good learning environment

Two or more races 4% N/A
Asian 2% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • ACSI
Fax number
  • (806) 745-8641

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

6701 University Ave