Bad
Good

I have three children currently attending school at Lubbock-Cooper ISD. My youngest is currently attending Cooper North. I admire Cooper North's committment to excellance. The educators are the best of the best. I truly feel my childrens best interest is always put first. We love being part of the Lubbock-Cooper family!

Too crowded. 25 students in one portable building. My son made awesome grades and no one even called to find out why we left. Not impressed by any means.

Cooper North Elementary is an amazing school. I was so impressed with my daughter's Kindergarten experience, that I am placing my son in the Pre-K Program (which I never thought that I would consider!). The emphasis on developing a love for reading, safety of each child, and making sure that the children's individual needs are met is so obvious. The principal is excellent and the faculty and staff treat you and your child as if you are the most important people in the district. I wouldn't allow my children to go anywhere else in Lubbock.

I was dissapointed in this very new, very nice school. My daughter was immediately considered 'ADHD' and was told by the teacher we had at that time that she would not pass 1st grade on the First Day Of School. She was asked to be placed in another classroom, where we later found out was the class they put a lot of kids that needed extra help. I'm not sure why they did things this way, but now that I am more educated on some of these things I would have never let that happen. I wish I could go back, but Cooper North definitely let my daughter fall through the cracks. Even the school was unhelpful. The counselor would never return my calls and when I finally did get a hold of him he asked me what I wanted to do...not what they could offer my child, which was nothing.

Last modified Lubbock-Cooper North Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.