Lubbock, TX

Posted November 08, 2008
I have three children currently attending school at Lubbock-Cooper ISD. My youngest is currently attending Cooper North. I admire Cooper North's committment to excellance. The educators are the best of the best. I truly feel my childrens best interest is always put first. We love being part of the Lubbock-Cooper family!

Posted August 12, 2008
Too crowded. 25 students in one portable building. My son made awesome grades and no one even called to find out why we left. Not impressed by any means.

Posted August 15, 2007
Cooper North Elementary is an amazing school. I was so impressed with my daughter's Kindergarten experience, that I am placing my son in the Pre-K Program (which I never thought that I would consider!). The emphasis on developing a love for reading, safety of each child, and making sure that the children's individual needs are met is so obvious. The principal is excellent and the faculty and staff treat you and your child as if you are the most important people in the district. I wouldn't allow my children to go anywhere else in Lubbock.

Lubbock-Cooper North Elementary School 2

Posted September 19, 2006
I was dissapointed in this very new, very nice school. My daughter was immediately considered 'ADHD' and was told by the teacher we had at that time that she would not pass 1st grade on the First Day Of School. She was asked to be placed in another classroom, where we later found out was the class they put a lot of kids that needed extra help. I'm not sure why they did things this way, but now that I am more educated on some of these things I would have never let that happen. I wish I could go back, but Cooper North definitely let my daughter fall through the cracks. Even the school was unhelpful. The counselor would never return my calls and when I finally did get a hold of him he asked me what I wanted to do...not what they could offer my child, which was nothing.

Posted August 11, 2004
I am very impressed with the school! My kids seem important to all of their teachers and the teachers seem to care about their progress! I am a little dissapointed that art is put on a back burner because I think art is a wonderful learning tool!

Posted June 24, 2003
Lubbock Cooper North is an awesome school with a wonderful loving and outgoing staff. My daughters moved to this school from a small town school and their transfer went very smooth the teachers gave my girls alot of one on one as all of the teachers often do. Rita McDaniel is the best principle that I have known throught my girls schooling. Rita takes the time to learn each and every students name and acknowledges the parents at all times by name. I love our Lubbbock Cooper North expierence.

3202 108th Street, Lubbock, TX  79423
Last modified Lubbock-Cooper North Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lubbock-Cooper North Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top