Posted October 31, 2014
In Lovejoy high school everything seems to be great, the cafeteria falls short of any good expectations. When I walk into the cafeteria, I go to the grill line and buy a chicken tender meal consisting of three chicken tenders, three sides and a drink. Neither the quantity nor quality is worth the hefty price of $5.30 cents. Not only is this meal s quality not good, but the portions are even worse. When I eat at the cafeteria I pray that I might get full from such small portions and the price is so high for so little I might as well burn my wallet. I would understand why the price is so high if they gave you more than 4 chicken strips, but they give you a small portion of 3. Now about the taste, for example I ll talk about the chicken sandwich, the sandwich is drowned with grease and the taste will have you drowning the sandwich in ketchup in order for it to cover the taste. I bought a normal lunch and asked how much it coast and they told me it was $5.30, but when I went to the school s cafeteria website the price was $3.50. For $5 I can buy a $5 foot long from subway which is healthier and is a bigger portion.

Posted March 26, 2014
I am a graduate from Lovejoy High School, and I started in LISD when I was in third grade. Today I am a junior in college, and have been very successful. It makes me skeptical when I read all the negative reviews about Lovejoy. Since the start of the high school I have heard negative things being said about the students, the education, and the teachers, which amazes me. Lovejoy is not a bad school district, it is a small one. Now that being said, you are going to experience the problems of a small school district. From my observation and experience in the district (10 years), Lovejoy has been great overall. Lovejoy is a school, and like any school, or any other experience in life, you only get as much out of it as you put in. Yes there are going to be some bad experiences, but that is the high school experience. Nobody has a perfect time in high school, and yeah, if you only focus on the bad then the experience as a whole is going to seem bad. If you put in work and try to have a good time, then Lovejoy will be a great school.

Posted March 23, 2014
We are very pleased with our decision to move to Lovejoy four years ago. We have found the district leadership, teachers and facilities to be all of top quality. The small classes and wide array of academic and extra curricular opportunities create a great environment for the students. Our two children are not sports-oriented, which is not a problem here; although there are many sports available, athletics do not have an outsize role. Our son is able to take a full set of GT classes, and both our son and daughter started taking AP classes as sophomores. The culture supports excellence in all undertakings, but every teacher and staff member we've dealt with has been willing to go the distance to provide assistance whenever it has been requested.

Lovejoy High School 2

Posted January 18, 2014
This school district has many problems. It is sad to say that a few bad apples (teachers) can destroy what once was a very motivated, outgoing , intelligent student. There is a great deal of nepotism amongst teachers, administrators and their families who attend school within this district. Many sports, theatre programs, etc ...students are selected either based on who they are related to... or, if they have made large financial donations to the school. If you teach your children that hard work is rewarded... then this isn't the right school for your children. When our child began here he was very excited and had high self-esteem. Now he has become an introvert because of how he keeps getting knocked down by staff members. It is terrible that the students are simply not treated equally.

Lovejoy High School 1

Posted January 16, 2014
I went to this school for my first year of high school and learned NOTHING. The teachers don't try to help you and they don't try to help kids understand the lessons. They play favorites and sports kids get a near free pass. I left the school and STILL there are rumors going around about me. I was constantly bullied and no one did anything. also, this place is full of drugs and things like that.... DON'T SEND YOUR KIDS HERE, FOR THEIR OWN SAKE...

Posted May 30, 2013
We moved from Allen ISD to Lovejoy ISD, as we wanted smaller classes and schools for our children. As a family, we couldn't be happier with the move. The teachers and administration at Lovejoy ISD are genuinely committed to the success of their students. Although Allen ISD is also a great school district, the size of the schools and classes in Allen ISD make it impossible for teachers and the administration to provide the same level of engagement as in Lovejoy ISD.

Posted March 20, 2012
We too moved to Lovejoy for the schools, we have one in middle school and one in elementary school. Both children are challenged and flourishing. Very happy with the teachers and admin, we Love Lovejoy!

Lovejoy High School 1

Posted January 09, 2011
I used to be a student at lovejoy school and finally left because it was so terrible. The school looks great on paper- but when you go there, you realize that everyone's just downright awful. Do not let your children to to LISD. Do not. I was miserable for four years. And actually, when the middle school and high school were combined while Sloan Creek was being built, it WAS extremely over crowded. I remember all the high schoolers would shove the sixth graders out of their way... It's really just not a place you want to put your kids, trust me. I went there, and suffered miserably. The entire environment of LISD just isn't right.

Posted May 03, 2010

Lovejoy High School 0

Posted January 15, 2009
I felt the need to respond to 4/6/07 remarks that contain misinformation. I have 2 children... 7th grade girl at the new middle school and 9th grade boy at the 3 year old HS. Both started kindergarten at Lovejoy and my son will be among a handful of students lucky enough to say he's gone straight through LISD. For 2 years, MS and HS students were in the same facilily....although kept in separate areas. Last year 6-10th grade was all we had at the UNCROWDED high school. In Aug the MS opened with 6-8th grade while the HS now has 9-11th grade. Clubs are for students to enjoy once/6wks during school time only, unless they CHOOSE to meet later... requiring them to join is a part of our school's 'developing the whole person' philosophy. Pre AP classes are tochallenge, not overwhelm students. Extra help is always available. Great school, great staff!

Lovejoy High School
2350 Estates Parkway, Lucas, TX  75002
Last modified Lovejoy High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lovejoy High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top