Lucas, TX

Willow Springs Middle School 2

Posted December 27, 2013
Sloan Creek MS needs some changes. Theater teaching staff makes children clean bathrooms during class time. The counseling staff causes great pain to students rather than helping the students, harming their self esteem. Some English teaching staff ridicules students in front of their classmates when grades are not good. This school needs a change of adminstrators. Most have been transfered to Willow Springs MS instead of termination.

Willow Springs Middle School 3

Posted October 02, 2010
I've been a student at Sloan Creek since 6th grade it was nice with the new teachers, the new school, and things were balanced. By seventh grade more pressure is put on us students, and more students get stressed out, especially by the fact that all athletic programs start around 7 a.m. and that the day doesn't end till 4 o'clock. The food is not rather great either, it smells, looks, and tastes strange, and I recommend bringing food. Then as students get up to 8th grade, they get even more pressure put on them, and most of the U.S. History teachers are coaches, who are NEVER able to give tutoring. All classes ar Pre-AP which means there are NO normal classes, and there are usually up to 3 hours of homework every night, when promised only 30 mins. Some teachers are nice, but there is just too much pressure!

Posted March 13, 2009
Sloan Creek is by far the greatest middle school I have ever seen! My son is in 6th grade and he is STILL eager to go to school! The administrators and teachers are always accessible and willing to help. The teachers don't focus on TAKS...they focus on teaching! Sloan Creek works on the 'entire' child by incorporating value-driven instruction as well as discipline. I can't imagine my children being anywhere else!

Posted January 11, 2009
I love my school. There's only one problem.. everyone is required to do all pre-ap classes. It gets kind of hard and confusing sometimes, but overall, it is a very nice school.

Willow Springs Middle School 4

Posted January 07, 2009

Posted December 15, 2008
This is one of the best school systems my kids have ever been a part of. Both of my kids are very bright and the school challenges them with advanced courses and diversified activites. The balance between school work, fine arts and athletics is amazing and it provides an enviroment that allows students to become well rounded young adults. Each year the school adds exceptional teachers that move from other well respected school districts to be a part of the Lovejoy ISD.

Willow Springs Middle School 4

Posted December 13, 2008
Wow as a sloan creek student in 8th grade sloan creek is a great school. but the comments below were not written by students. if they were i would like to meet the student that uses that much words. and we should be called the sloan creek trojens just because that sounds better that leopards

Posted October 01, 2008
I love my school! Sloan Creek is the best school I've ever been to. So many opportunities are given to us and our excellent teachers help us to succeed. That gives us major confidence in our talents and abilities. Sloan Creek also has a wonderful environment. I have so many friends and feel really safe. There aren't any drugs or violence, just fun and learning! I highly recommend this school. Our fine arts programs have gone to All-Region and UIL programs and have brought home Sweepstakes trophies and perfect scores. And our volleyball team can shut out almost every team they play. The academics here are amazing too. I'm a Geometry student, and even though it can sometimes be challenging, I know that it's preparing me to someday get into a great college. I am proud to be a Leopard! Check out Sloan Creek!

Posted September 12, 2008
Sloan Creek has so many more programs and extra-curricular activities than other similar schools in the area - oftentimes it is hard for our child to do all she wants because of scheduling conflicts, but the opportunities are there. If your child is a high achiever, the Gate 10 program will certainly push them -no worry about being held back in that program. There is an incredible sense of pride at this new school, and it is fun to watch them build traditions and have such a spirit in doing so.

Willow Springs Middle School 0

Posted September 05, 2008
Having a child who is bright and a high achiever all AP does not work. Frustration with constant review and being help back because in class with kids not able to do the AP work. Eventual outcome, not a true AP enviroment... a water down AP curriculum. If you have a bright child, not the place for them.

Willow Springs Middle School
1101 West Lucas Road, Lucas, TX  75002
Last modified Willow Springs Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Willow Springs Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top