Mabank, TX

Posted May 30, 2014
I feel the staff was behaving as if they were better than myself. They were rude and one teacher yelled out at me. She could have politely approached me. I had another incident where an office staff told me that I was not who I said I was.lol. This is not a professional and friendly staff. Now, when I visited the Junior High and Southside, it was wonderful. The Junior High ladies gave me coffee! Southside's principal was out chatting and a man was monitoring the kid's safety. I have only seen chaos at Central.

Central Elementary School 4

Posted April 03, 2013
2 of my children go to Central and we've never had any issues. The staff is very protective of their students which you don't always see. The teachers encourage you to be involved and always have time to discuss any matters that you may be concerned with. I'll admit when first moving here I was very leary of how this small town would treat a family that hasn't lived here for generations, but I have been very happy with my choice for educating my kiddos.

Central Elementary School 5

Posted June 10, 2007
This is a great school you get to do everthing with your kids.

Posted October 12, 2006
The biggest problem is the principal and the teachers, ask about the 2004 TAKS scores. The GT program is not what we were told, waste of time.

Central Elementary School 5

Posted July 20, 2006
I am very happy with the school. My child got a great education from Central. The school welcomes the parents to volunteer all the time. I am there several times a week volunteering. The principal will meet with a parent at anytime to discuss a student or any problems you may have. The TAKS scores were awesome this year for the school and should say alot. I am new to the area and don't know many people but was welcomed with open arms by all the volunteers and staff. My child never came home with any health problems such as lice that another person has posted and I never heard about it going around at all at the school. The teachers are so grateful for the parents participation. Mabank is a great town to live in because it still has that small town feel and safety.

Posted May 08, 2006
The level of parent involvement offered here is horrible. Overall not a good school. The staff is rude and very stuck up. The teachers don't know how to teach. The school has a lice problem and doesn't seem to know, or care, to get rid of it. I now see the importance of checking out schools before moving.

Central Elementary School 3

Posted April 15, 2005

Central Elementary School 2

Posted August 26, 2003
- a former student
School is controlled by 1st Baptist Church members. If you're not one, be prepared to be ignored for room mother positions, volunteer positions, job openings...small town politics and the good-old-boy mentality!

Central Elementary School
310 East Market Street, Mabank, TX  75147
Last modified Central Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Central Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top