Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Amount of homework: Disagree

Well considering that homework was an everyday thing for my child, I must say slightly too much.

Central Elementary is a great school. The teachers are the best and seem to really care about each individual child and their educational needs. However, the office staff could be more informative and treat the parent as an adult or not the same as they treat the students. The playgrounds are wonderful and the building is a clean, safe, and fun environment.

I feel the staff was behaving as if they were better than myself. They were rude and one teacher yelled out at me. She could have politely approached me. I had another incident where an office staff told me that I was not who I said I was.lol. This is not a professional and friendly staff. Now, when I visited the Junior High and Southside, it was wonderful. The Junior High ladies gave me coffee! Southside's principal was out chatting and a man was monitoring the kid's safety. I have only seen chaos at Central.

2 of my children go to Central and we've never had any issues. The staff is very protective of their students which you don't always see. The teachers encourage you to be involved and always have time to discuss any matters that you may be concerned with. I'll admit when first moving here I was very leary of how this small town would treat a family that hasn't lived here for generations, but I have been very happy with my choice for educating my kiddos.

This is a great school you get to do everthing with your kids.

The biggest problem is the principal and the teachers, ask about the 2004 TAKS scores. The GT program is not what we were told, waste of time.

Last modified Central Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.