Bad
Good

If you are looking for a great Special Ed/Lifeskills program, Parkway goes above and beyond expectations! My daughter can do things we were told she never could, great staff and Principle!

Good school. All the staff is very nice, I'm not sure why there are so many negative reviews, we love it here.

Magnolia Parkway Elementary School is my son and daughters school. So far this year hopes are not high. On the third day of school my 4th grade son was offered to buy crack from a 5th grader on the back of his school bus on the way home and when he said no the kid threatened to "knife him" if he told anyone. We reported it to the school and the punishment was two days off the bus. Needless to say my kids don't ride the bus anymore so end result is we got punished. The assistant principal called us to say they found the drugs on the boy the next morning. Than two days later we went to the police due to lack of response from the school and they told us that the school had found regular table salt in a completely different container. Weird we thought. I found crack online and my son said that was it. After getting enrolled at Magnolia Parkway they have forgotten more than they have been taught. In fact, they spent the first 9 weeks of 28 reviewing the previous year. Since my mother has passed away we have had more time to teach our kids and are nearing the place where they once were. This will be the last year at a public school especially Magnolia Parkway Elementary School. Beware

MPE has extremely low academic standards. Teachers seem to be miserable, overall feeling of school staff is bitter, and put out. Principal is a joke, no leadership or professionalism. I removed my child after one year and went to private. If educational success is a priority for your family, then MPE is not where you want to be.

This school is fantastic. The new principal is amazing! The feel is so much better here! There is a sense of community ! Since the change of staff the school feels warm and inviting. The walls are no longer stark and cold. The staff is really great and address any issues immediately. The front desk staff has had a turnover and they are much nicer! They have an anti-bullying program and a character building program (all new.) The curriculum is good, they don't teach to STAAR, instead they build the student's core learning so that students are able to do well on the STAAR tests. They have a plethora of clubs for the kids - Lego, Scrabble, Chess, Math, Robotics, Craft, Cub Scouts, Girl Scouts, etc. The PTO does so much for the school and it's nice that they are welcoming. The only thing I don't care for is the Sitton Spelling, which is a district curriculum not school.

My daughter started here in the middle of kindergarten after we moved to Magnolia. I was a little nervous as she was transferring from a private school. WE LOVE MPES! She has had 2 great years here and I have no complaints. The staff and teachers are great and parents are always welcomed. I feel like parent/teacher communication has been super. I can't wait for my son to start there next year!

the worse school I have ever came across.. there is only one lady that is nice in the office staff.. other then that they are rude.. we have had nothing but problems with this school.. and we have had our children in other MSID schools.. and had nooo problem.. but these people at parkway, really think they are something.. my child will be in a different school , next year.

I had reservations about coming to a newly established school, but have been so relieved at how great MPES is!

We have our daughter whom has disabilities and I have to say that they are great when it comes to her needs. She has learned much more then any other schools that she has been to here in Texas. I only hope that the state of Texas will not cut there budget forcing any of the teachers like Mrs.Kurten out of a job when she has so much to offer these kids. Keep up the good work your making an impact in our daughters life. J&J NAGEL

We love this school. I have two children here and are very impressed with the teachers and programs. They love parent involvement and really encourage and challenge the kids academically. My Kindergarten child is advanced and his teacher purchased supplemental sheets to send home to keep him challenged. Love MPE!!!

Last modified Magnolia Parkway Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.