PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)

My children have been at Legacy Prep for several years now. Each year has been such a wonderful experience. The staff and teachers care so much about the students and families. The Biblical integration is amazing and allows our family to have meaningful Christian conversations while doing school work each day.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Absolutely. It is evident that the teachers have a relationship with the Lord, which spills over onto our children in areas such as these.

After completing our 2nd year at Legacy, specifically in the lower elementary level, I can honestly say we are blessed and grateful for this school. My son has developed his character by receiving love and support from teachers who take time to get to know him and genuinely care about his heart. The spiritual component of the school is wonderful, but the academic rigor is just as strong. Being a teacher myself, I have seen first hand the teachers' dedication and professionalism in teaching these kids. The lessons are age-appropriate and my son has really excelled, especially in math and writing. I love the flexibility of the University Model School in that I can supplement or adjust some of his learning at home as I see fit. This school is ideal for parents who will partner with their child's teacher and keep the big picture in mind. The teachers really seem to want to communicate and work through parent questions or concerns, which was nice, especially our first year when everything was new and we were adjusting. God is definitely present and active in this school. I'm so glad to be a part of the school family.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers go over and above to teach the students and see them grow. The teachers are also easily available to parents. A school where the teachers and staff can pray with the students is a huge blessing.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

They are extremely qualified! PhDs, published scientists, college professors, etc. couldn't be more qualified, at least in the high school.

Amount of homework: Disagree

It is true that Legacy workload can be heavy. There has been a recent refocus of this habit and I feel the staff and board are working to find a good balance. This model is just especially difficult if you have two or more elementary students and I'm not sure there's a way around that.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The policies are applied to All Students and families, even kids of teachers and staff members.

I have a student graduating this year. He began his application process to colleges and we weren't sure how they would feel about our young school. We have been overjoyed with the amount of scholarship money and number of acceptance letters he received. His teachers have been exceptional, with many of them holding Master's and Doctorates. The academics were extremely challenging and we feel he will be prepared for the rigors of college. He also enjoyed many extra-curricular activities. One thing is for sure, he will never be in an environment where he will be loved more! Wish I could give Legacy 10 stars!

Amount of homework: Disagree

No student should have homework for six or more hours. That is outrageous. Homework should only take an hour, maybe two.

I enrolled my child in Legacy five years ago. While this may seem like a healthy, good school for your child, it is not. I regret putting my child in Legacy. Teachers put massive amounts of pressure on students at Legacy. Not only that, but there is also an unbelievable workload. It normally took my student six hours to finish homework. I believe Legacy used to be a fantastic school. As of last year, it started very hard and they also stopped enforcing some of their values. They are not as Christian as they seem. Do not send a high school student, or really any age child to Legacy unless you do not want them to have any free time.

Last modified Legacy Preparatory Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12