PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted April 05, 2016
No student should have homework for six or more hours. That is outrageous. Homework should only take an hour, maybe two.

Legacy Preparatory Christian Academy 2

Posted April 05, 2016
I enrolled my child in Legacy five years ago. While this may seem like a healthy, good school for your child, it is not. I regret putting my child in Legacy. Teachers put massive amounts of pressure on students at Legacy. Not only that, but there is also an unbelievable workload. It normally took my student six hours to finish homework. I believe Legacy used to be a fantastic school. As of last year, it started very hard and they also stopped enforcing some of their values. They are not as Christian as they seem. Do not send a high school student, or really any age child to Legacy unless you do not want them to have any free time.

Legacy Preparatory Christian Academy 1

Posted February 13, 2016
My child attended this school and I pulled him out after a few months. As a former teacher, I knew when 2 of the 3 kindergarten teachers quit within the first month, something was wrong. Well after talking to other parents, they actually use "transparencies" on a projector of worksheets most of the school day to teach the babies! It is a worksheet driven school. This is not age appropriate for the younger aged students. I feel that it is a bunch of parents without the proper training in child development running the school. If they get competent teachers they don't last long. That says it ALL. Ask about their turnover rate if you are even thinking about this school. I actually ended up homeschooling the rest of the year with creative age appropiate techniques and enrolled him in Magnolia ISD. It has been a few years now and haven't regretted it for a moment.. Save yourself some money and your child the stress of STACKS OF WORKSHEETS. SERIOUSLY..

Posted January 22, 2016
Teachers are fun, loving and caring across the board. Amazing high school teachers several with masters degrees and at least two have a phd in their field.. Academic standards are high as well as christian character and competitive athletics. These students are well rounded and former Legacy students are doing great in college! My kids particular enjoy Mr. Huckaby, Mrs. Bryant and Mr. Granack. Great, energetic teachers that have a love for the subjects they teach. Highly recommend.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted January 22, 2016
Mr. Huckaby, Mrs. Bryant and Mr. Granack for having a passion for the subjects they teach and passing it along to the students.

Legacy Preparatory Christian Academy 1

Posted September 29, 2015
Very unprofessional and if their idea of a loving Christian environment is treating others unfairly. I don't want to be anywhere near a so called "Christian" school.

Legacy Preparatory Christian Academy 2

Posted September 29, 2015
I started my academic journey with Legacy in 3rd grade and attended til 7th grade. There is a large amount of favoritism in this school. Teacher's kids are treated superior and I personally, would say the price is no where near worth the experience. In all honesty, I would pay to get the years back I wasted with this school. Academically, I would say they are advanced but not compared to the other potential schools within the Magnolia/ Woodlands Area. Even public schools within the perimeter have much higher academic ratings

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted September 29, 2015
I'm grateful for Mr. Huckaby. His lectures were very helpful for memorization and he always makes them interesting. He is always fair with his students and very friendly. By far, my favorite teacher I've ever had.

Posted May 22, 2014
I have attended Legacy Prep since eighth grade, and just finished my sophomore year. Coming from another Christian school, the first thing I realized upon arrival at Legacy was that 'Christian' was not just a word on the sign, but that upholding Christian values and equipping students to be college-ready witnesses for Christ was a priority. Compared to my previous school, the students were all kind, welcomed me immediately and they have become family to me. My favorite thing is the love that flows through the halls- students who had been bullied at previous schools (such as myself) are a part of the group and loved just the same as everyone else. Because of the small class size, our teachers know each of their students personally and care about them reaching their potential and being successful in all their endeavors. Prospective families should know that because of the school's structure, we must move through curriculum quickly and are also advanced in what curriculum we use (our students start a year ahead in math). That being said, our teachers are available via email on off campus days to answer any questions a student or parent may have. I can't imagine my life without Legacy.

Posted January 16, 2014
We have two children who attend LPCA. A senior and an 8th grader. Our senior has attended LPCA for 3 years. Coming from a public school environment, we can say we are happy with the decision to switch her to the University Model School. She is part of the first graduating class, the Class of 2014. We know that she is academically and spiritually equipped for the college environment. She has been accepted into Texas A&M, UT Dallas, University of Houston, Texas Christian University, and UMHB. She has received very nice academic scholarships for the Engineering program at UTD and U of H. We are thankful for the prayerful, talented teachers and administrators who have challenged her to achieve her best. This is our 8th graders second year at LPCA. He has been challenged to excel by his teachers and football coaches. We see a bright college future ahead for him as well.

9768 Research Forest Drive, Magnolia, TX  77354
Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. (936) 337-2000
Last modified Legacy Preparatory Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12