Magnolia J High School 5

Posted May 13, 2014
My family moved to this school district eight years ago and have been very pleased with all the schools our children have attended. We moved from a very large and affluent school district and were concerned about the quality of education. After our children started attending, we realize we had nothing to worry about. The teachers are great, caring, and work with parents very well. My children have wonderful memories and excelled in all their classes. There is room for them to pursue interests, clubs, and other challenges that keep them interested in learning. We have observed less issue with gangs and drug related problems in this school district. Their peers have been supportive and encouraging, with very little bullying observed.

Posted August 27, 2013
Just moved to magnolia - After 2 days of class we are moving our child to private school. They allow students to behave inappropriately and promote bullying. My child was harassed and had lunch taken and no action was taken. Called to discuss before pulling him out and staff really had no interest in taking any action or even hearing about problem - worst run school I have seen !

Posted June 14, 2013
The counselor is unprofessional, changes events, timelines and miss represents the facts to other departments and authority figures to suite her own agenda. She care more about what she wants than the well-being of the child and handles situations in that manner. The review on this school mostly comments about the counselor. I have to 3rd the statement the counselor is nuts. Though... not the word I would use, but the point is still the same. The Principle isn't a whole lot better. Waited 2 hours and she could only spare 10 minute. WOW, this is a child's well being, her job and was very dis-concerned, though this situation is serious. Crisis protocols were not followed by the counselor and should have been reprimanded, now both should be investigated for neglect. After my experience, I wouldn't bring my dog to this school with that type of leadership and attitude, much less trust them with a child.

Magnolia J High School 2

Posted October 01, 2012
It is true the Counselor is nuts as previously stated: unrealistic, no real world experience with people or life. Very severe discipline overall and unnesscessary, if proper pedogogy was followed. Very average instruction and education. Still advancing from a rural focus to a cosmopolitan focus. APs. Pre-Aps etc advanced education not as well appreaciated. Much triviality. Teachers seem to work hard.

Posted January 16, 2012
Stay away from this school if you can... We have had nothing but problems here and the schools young new counselor is nuts.

Magnolia J High School 5

Posted October 10, 2008

Magnolia J High School 0

Posted August 02, 2007
We moved here from a more affluent district and were pleasantly surprised at the level of attention our child received in the classroom and in sports by the coaches. It is not a perfect school and everyone has their opinion but we found the office personnel to be very helpful and kind, going out of their way to welcome and us and the teachers were thoughtful and helpful with our son's adjustment to his new school and studies. My son has grown academically and socially in the Magnolia School District and feels challenged in every area they have offered through the classroom. We love the teachers and coaches and recommend this school to any who are looking to buy in this area.

Magnolia J High School 3

Posted July 02, 2007
I have been disappointed in Magnolia Junior High School for many reasons and in multiple areas. They seem to allow an environment of disrespect from students to administrators and each other. Acadimically they teach to the TAKS test and are continually lowering the bar of performance, not raising it. I am sorry I bought my home in this school district. My daughter has attended MJH for two years.

Magnolia J High School
P O Box 476, Magnolia, TX  77355
Last modified Magnolia J High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Magnolia J High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top