Magnolia, TX

Posted May 09, 2014
I recently moved to Magnolia, from East Coast schools and was concerned that my children may not get a great education in small town TX. I have discovered my fear to be unfounded, this school is outstanding! The Principal is so kind, dedicated, and a true leader. All the teachers are so wonderful, that said I have to acknowledge Mr. Hawkins my daughters math teacher. He is the most tremendous educator I have ever seen. My daughter could have struggled with the transition instead she is flourishing, loves math ( which she never did before) more importantly he encourages her, empowers her and his commitment is unsurpassed! Thank you BB and to all who read this, I do not typically write these glowing reviews, felt inspired by Mr. Hawkins who sent my wife and I an unsolicited note to celebrate our daughters achievements and employing us to acknowledge her at home, which we certainly will!!

Posted April 02, 2014
My grandchildren go to bear branch this year and its an awesome school teacher and staff are very nice and my kids are learning very well.

Bear Branch Elementary School 1

Posted April 30, 2013
School has bullying issues that they don't resolve. Brush it under the rug and pretend nothing happened.

Posted March 22, 2013
My daughter is now attending MHS and doing very well. I feel that it was the foundation of the education she received at BBES. The teachers were caring, challenging and always wanted the best for every child.

Posted July 25, 2012
We are just begining here at Bear Branch, but what we have experienced so far, we LOVE! Bear Branch along with the teachers and administration are awesome!

Posted April 16, 2010
Bear Branch Elementary is a great school with a great administration. They have been recognized as an exemplary school several times and my kids love it there!

Bear Branch Elementary School

Posted January 18, 2008
Great School, Great Teachers. We love it and our children have been given a fine education there. We thank God everyday for the fine work of the teachers and administrators.

Bear Branch Elementary School 4

Posted May 17, 2006
The teachers are wonderful and there is lots of parent involvement (a very active PTO), but the current administration prevents this school from being great. The current principal is much too interested in liberal social issues (everyone is the same, everyone is equal....) than creative and stimulating learning for my taste. For example, she wanted to do away with the honor roll -- so that no child would get their feelings hurt. She wants everyone to be taught the exact same material and has restricted some teachers from doing more creative or advanced topics.

Posted March 02, 2006
I can't imagine a better school to send my child to. Wonderful parent involvement, great caring teacher, and I love to extra curricular activities. The school does a great job of keeping parents involved with their children's education. I believe that parent involvement keeps our children and our schools running at their best. After asking about my third grade student's teacher, I found she held a masters and in the summers she pursues her doctorate. Wow, and my son adores her as well.

Bear Branch Elementary School 4

Posted August 06, 2005
Great school, love the small town feel. Wish they had more extra activies for the kids. And lower class count.

Bear Branch Elementary School
8909 Fm 1488 Road, Magnolia, TX  77354
Last modified Bear Branch Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bear Branch Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top