Magnolia, TX

Posted August 18, 2014
Great school . Excellent bilingual and ESL programs as well classes. Teachers n all school staff are excellent.

Posted May 06, 2014
My son moved to Decker Prairie from another school district and we have been very pleased with his progress. I am extremely happy that my son attends this school where I know he will be loved and nurtured by the staff. This campus stands out because of all the additional hard work that these teachers do.

Decker Prairie Elementary School 1

Posted October 02, 2010
Decker Prairie Elementary is NOT a good school. There is a big problem with bullies and some of the teachers are lazy! My child's papers were misgraded and the teacher was very careless and unorganized. This is the only school I know that scolds children and charges the full 2.00 lunch price for a cheese sandwich if your child forgets lunch money. The whole atmosphere of this school is depressing!! Many teachers and staff members are more concerned with themselves than helping your child or even trying to make learning exciting or fun. Stay away from this drone zone!!

Posted October 30, 2009

Posted September 16, 2009
I had three children go to decker praire elementary with some wonderful teachers, they gave them a great start in life

Posted May 12, 2009
This is an absolutely amazing school, you can tell when you walk through the front door. The staff and teachers are very helpful, warm and committed to what they are doing and do it well. The principal Mrs. Sullivan really sets the tone. She is an amazing educator and manager. Parent volunteers are everywhere, because it's appreciated by the staff and teachers, you can tell. I have 2 children at this school, I do not look forward to the day that they will be moving on. I wish they could stay there forever! It's such a safe, warm, loving and encouraging environment. It's a throw back to the way school used to be, and the way it should be today...my kids love their school...and so do I!

Posted June 16, 2008
This is a fabulous school with a great 'community feel'. The administration and staff are wonderful, caring people who are passionate about education. Thank you DPES for a wonderful experience so far!

Decker Prairie Elementary School 0

Posted October 29, 2007
We are considering returning to the private school sector because of our dissatisfaction with Decker Prairie Elementary. We do not have confidence in the school based on how poorly issues have been handled. You must be part of the 'in crowd' or 'click'. Those who do not agree have not experienced our (and others) continued frustration. The administration has yet to prove themselves. We have had issues with absences which we provided detailed notes including medical records, problems with picking our child up from school even with official identification, repeated problems with other childrens poor behavior including verbal and physical, and failure to report incidents of injury in addition to poor communications skills and a snooty attitude!

Posted October 12, 2007
Decker Prairie is an amazing community school. All of the teachers that my son has had have gone above and beyond the normal scope of teaching in order to help him learn. The school has several specialty classes - music, art, and computer lab. There are also several outside organizations to belong to - The Ropers (a jump rope group), a chess club, and a scrabble club. Parent involvement a DPES is high. This is a great location to be in and a wonderful school to be at!

Posted July 25, 2005
It is an excellent school! Very community oriented. Afterschool programs such as a jump rope team and choir are student favorites, plus they have art! Parental involvement is very high, you can expect a volunteering parent there every day of the week. Kids have recess everyday and its very much like school of 20+ years ago. Parents can bring cupcakes on birthdays and they have various parties through out the year.

Decker Prairie Elementary School
27427 Decker Prairie-Rosehill Road, Magnolia, TX  77355
Last modified Decker Prairie Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Decker Prairie Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top