Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Sadly the blue ribbon in front of this school does not reflect what actually happens inside of it. I have a child with autism and since moving here a year ago the school has systematically taken away every service that I fought to be put in place for her. Every ARD meeting was another chipping away at her services until this last one, they finally took it all away and started proclaiming that my child didn't have a disability and that it was in fact due to bad parenting that caused my child's behaviors. It broke my heart because I have fought so hard to educate myself on her disability. I have worked very hard to become a better parent than I would have instinctually been. In the time since her diagnosis I have grown as a human being and turned into a more patient, more compatent caregiver than I ever thought possible. Having a child with autism is one of the hardest things on this planet to deal with, I never knew how hard life could be until autism came into my life. One of the things that makes it so hard is when you have a school district that fights you every step of the way to give your child the best possible chance. I was gas lighted and made to feel as if I was imagining my daughter's disability. They disregarded the evaluation from a separate school district, they did not care that my daughter had gotten a diagnosis from a child psychiatrist, a behavioral psychologist, a neurologist, and speech/language pathologist. Any scholarly articles I presented to them were never looked at. They had no intrest in hearing what I had say about her unique challenges. Unfortunately I am not alone, the same thing happened to at least three other kids in her class. There are probably more children, but I only know a handful of special needs parents at this school and we all have very similar stories. They have done things like take speech therapy down to 15 minutes/ wk for kids who are nonverbal. Take away motor skills therapy for kids that have trouble walking. It's absurd what they have gotten away with. I have chosen to homeschool my child for now, but we will never be back to Malakoff Elementary. It's just very sad for all the kids who's parents don't have any other options. If you have a special needs child, please do not go to this school. They will not help and will do everything in their power to derail your efforts to educate your child properly.

Having experienced what other schools in the area have to offer, I can honestly say MISD is the best district I have ever been to. The staff is amazing! The community involvement is wonderful. Your children will be cared for as if they were their own in Malakoff!

Malakoff Elementary is wonderful! The teachers and staff are extremely hands-on. The Principal is one of the most honorable educators I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. My daughter's experience here has been nothing short of superb. I love being able to speak with her teacher daily. I love the fact that all of my questions are answered by staff and I am never looked down upon or belittled for not knowing something. I also think it's so reassuring to see the Principal protecting his students, walking the school grounds, taking the time to get to know the parents and the students. He knows me and my child by our first names. The parents here are great, too, and my daughter has made some wonderful, lifelong friends. Love Malakoff Elementary!

This is the best elementary school in the world!! We moved our kids here from Trinidad Isd 2 years ago and have seen unbelievable increases in there grade, attitude, and overall love and passion for there school. Moving our kids was the best decision we ever made. The teachers are great and the principal is the best ever. They encourage the kids and parents to do be invilved and to dream big. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS SCHOLL TO ANYONE. I would drive 100 mile just to keep my kids here.

The best elementary school in the area, by far! Excellent staff of encouraging teachers, aides, and principal. My children look forward to going to school every morning. My daughter has had honor roll for the past three years and perfect attendance for 2.

Great school that cares for its students

My daughter is in 3rd grade, i found her teacher to be very helpful when my daughter was having trouble. However i have found the rest of the staff to be extremely rude,and unwelcoming. The principal being the most rude of them all. Overall i am not happy with this school and am moving my children out of the district. I do not recomend coming here.

This is our first year at Malakoff Elementary School. We have been treated very professionally and feel that the staff is very qualified. Our grandson's teacher, Mrs. Padgett is a delight and has provided Colton with a very positive experience for his 1st year at MES.

Last modified Malakoff Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.