Bad
Good

Posted May 14, 2013
Having experienced what other schools in the area have to offer, I can honestly say MISD is the best district I have ever been to. The staff is amazing! The community involvement is wonderful. Your children will be cared for as if they were their own in Malakoff!

Posted October 31, 2012
Malakoff Elementary is wonderful! The teachers and staff are extremely hands-on. The Principal is one of the most honorable educators I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. My daughter's experience here has been nothing short of superb. I love being able to speak with her teacher daily. I love the fact that all of my questions are answered by staff and I am never looked down upon or belittled for not knowing something. I also think it's so reassuring to see the Principal protecting his students, walking the school grounds, taking the time to get to know the parents and the students. He knows me and my child by our first names. The parents here are great, too, and my daughter has made some wonderful, lifelong friends. Love Malakoff Elementary!

Posted September 10, 2010
This is the best elementary school in the world!! We moved our kids here from Trinidad Isd 2 years ago and have seen unbelievable increases in there grade, attitude, and overall love and passion for there school. Moving our kids was the best decision we ever made. The teachers are great and the principal is the best ever. They encourage the kids and parents to do be invilved and to dream big. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS SCHOLL TO ANYONE. I would drive 100 mile just to keep my kids here.

Posted January 20, 2010
The best elementary school in the area, by far! Excellent staff of encouraging teachers, aides, and principal. My children look forward to going to school every morning. My daughter has had honor roll for the past three years and perfect attendance for 2.

Posted October 09, 2009
Great school that cares for its students

Posted June 25, 2008
My daughter is in 3rd grade, i found her teacher to be very helpful when my daughter was having trouble. However i have found the rest of the staff to be extremely rude,and unwelcoming. The principal being the most rude of them all. Overall i am not happy with this school and am moving my children out of the district. I do not recomend coming here.

Posted February 03, 2008
This is our first year at Malakoff Elementary School. We have been treated very professionally and feel that the staff is very qualified. Our grandson's teacher, Mrs. Padgett is a delight and has provided Colton with a very positive experience for his 1st year at MES.

310 Terry Street, Malakoff, TX  75148
(903) 489-1964
Last modified Malakoff Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.