Manor, TX
Students enrolled: 1,582

Posted April 16, 2015
This school is horrible.I got transferred here since my family moved and I hate it so much.The entire school is nothing but snobby white kids and it's not diverse in the slightest.Not to mention the teachers are rude and don't care about their student's well being.Please don't put your kid in this school.The over all environment is bad, and if I could go back to my old High School I would.

Posted April 16, 2015
My daughter recently started going here and she hates it.There are major problems with this school that are not being addressed.The website is nonsense, and it looks like it was created to try to make the school look ideal.I recently visited the school for a parent teacher meeting and the staff were horribly rude. One of the problems is concerning diversity.There is not a big selection of kids from different races and ethnicity, and as a result my daughter gets teased for being in the minority group.I would transfer her to another school but we're too far into the year.She is definitely going to another school next year.

Posted April 04, 2015
As a parent, I am very displeased with this school.My student who attends this school is harassed and frequently referred to with racial slurs.There is not a diverse group of children attending, and he tells me that they always give him a bad time because he is Asian-American.On top of that, the staff does nothing about it.The academic program and over all test scores of this school are disappointingly low.Even the website is full of generic ideas that are obviously exaggerated.I would not recommend this school to any parent or student.

Manor High School 4

Posted December 26, 2012
When I first moved into this area, me and my mom looked at reviews on schools and came across MHS. There were a lot of reviews that were bad, so my mother was pretty skeptical about it, but I insisted after reading all the things they had to offer. As a student I think is school is pretty great. I love the elective classes they have to offer, it's challenging but not to fast paced, and I feel like all the information I learn, I can remember because most of the teachers are great. I will admit, this school as it's faults. I'm amazed at how much students cuss and get away with it, maybe, the school needs to be a little more, on top of that. Other than that, I love this school. I love the classes, and the teachers. I love how its so easy to get involved and I'm happy that in this school I can feel comfortable.

Manor High School 3

Posted June 18, 2012
It is obvious when an administrator or district staff submits a review to boost the ratings. No doubt there has been a transformation - anything is better than four years ago. An interesting challenge would be to ask all students to submit a review, as well as all parents. Each unit (where there is both parent and student) that submits a review gets some sort of recognition for participating.

Posted June 15, 2012
We love MHS. There are so many opportunities for students here. The fine arts programs have improved a lot in the last few years. The schedule is also nice in that it gives students a lot of choices throughout the year. The staff are very friendly and there is a real sense of community on the campus.

Manor High School 4

Posted March 05, 2012
Over the past three years I watched Manor High School improve in many areas. As a parent I have had the pleasaure of watching this growth. I have two children who have graduted from Manor and a ninth grader: if i wouldnt have seen the change for myself i wouldn't believe all the things the staff and adminstrators have change to make this school a more parent friendly and safe enviroment. I work at the school each week with the teachers, faculty,staff and student. The Prinicpal has gone above and beyond to reach out to the parents of Manor . I look forward to the next 3 years here at Manor High

Posted January 31, 2012
The school has done a fantastic transformation in the last several years! There is a camaraderie among teachers, administrators, parents, and students that hasn't been there in awhile. There is a new commitment to excellence as can be seen in the performances of the fine arts dept, athletics, and FFA portions of the school. Perfect attendance has been achieved by half of the student population and is at an all time high. More and more students have joined the "Accepted Club" by applying to colleges and being selected to attend. Some of these include Harvard and Yale as well as UT, Texas State, and Texas A&M. There is a strong belief that constantly believes in student achievement with the desire for all students to be successful.

Posted January 31, 2012
Manor HS is a progressive school that has focus on providing every student with an opportunity to get an excellent education. The staff and student body have made great strides to become an outstanding school with much school pride and a hard working staff that prepare it's students for the 21st century.

Posted January 10, 2012
This is a great school to be at. The students are very respectful to teachers and to each other. The staff at Manor High School are some of the best I have worked with. There is a strong emphasis on collaboration between the entire staff. The culture has changed so much over the past few years. There is a strong focus on academics and creating a college going culture. The fine arts program is on the move and the athletic programs have made great progress. We have seen a PTO program come together this year which is bringing in more parents to help out at the campus. Manor High School is a great place to be.

Manor High School
P O Box 679, Manor, TX  78653
Last modified Manor High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Manor High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top