Manor, TX

Posted August 14, 2014
My student has enjoyed this school. His voice has grown into one of an African-American girl. Although his grammar skills are difficult, and attitude unexplainable, I still like the district! He makes straight A's and doesn't let the school get to him! We hope we get more students.

Posted February 05, 2014
My daughter started at Manor Middle School this year, and this by far has been the worst school she has ever attended. The lack of communication as mentioned in previous reviews, still exist. From what I've seen, the schools techniques and procedures are completely ineffective, and they do not have the child's best interest at heart. Administration in my opinion are very unprofessional, & unorganized.

Posted May 19, 2012
This school is definitely the worst school my child has ever attended. I completely agree with the previous posting and the one dated 7/10. There is a significant lack of communication between the teachers and parents. There are indifferences and preferences among the students which is something my child was not accustomed to. Even the teachers and staff in general have preferences among the students no matter the situation. The kids here are extremely cruel and the parents don't seem to care or get involved much less the staff. My child did not want to return back to school after the first week. The school is very disorganized and there is a desperate need for more parental guidance for the students. The teachers and principals are also lacking in leadership skills which are tested day in and out and are in need of guidance as well. No body listens to anyone here which is wrong and the consequence is kids get hurt in the long run. Teachers wash their hands by letting the students handle the situations themselves with no introduction or class to problem solving techniques.

Posted January 01, 2012
This school has sadly gone down from previous years. The teachers do not communicate with the parents if a child is failing a class. It takes a moment to contact a parent and let them know your child is missing an assignment. That is pure laziness. With the new STAAR test being more difficult, you would think they would have a plan in place but they do not. If the kids didn't pass last year, they should have a strong intervention program to help them as soon as possible. Bottom line, the teachers have low expectations of the students. One teacher seemed okay that my child got a 40 in their class saying it was the "norm". What?? They don't expect their kids to do well and their lack of involvement with the parent, shows. More than half the kids are failing. Do something quick. The test scores speak for themselves. Make a change now or our kids will expect less of themselves than they already do. Need a strong hand now. More parent involvement which is non-existent. The classes are boring and don't hold kids attention. If you don't like teaching, get a new profession.

Posted October 14, 2010
The school has a a strong principal and school leadership. The teachers are excellent and encourage the students to learn.

Manor Middle School 2

Posted July 03, 2010
Last year my child attended Manor Middle School. She had always loved school and had alway been an A student. She had fellow students who were cruel and made her miserable each day. She has begged us not to send her to this school again this year and we have decided to change schools, although this will be a major burden on our family. She informed the teachers and was told to "handle it herself" or was not believed. I guess you could say we are handling it ourselves by taking a very good student to a much better school.

Manor Middle School 4

Posted March 17, 2010
They have a really academic system. Unfourtunatly, their Special Educational system is very good.

Manor Middle School 4

Posted October 04, 2008
Teachers are dedicated and encourage my child to succeed. Years ago when my first child walked down the halls of the school, there were mobs of kids. Now, the hallways are orderly.

Manor Middle School 3

Posted September 05, 2008
this school needs more attention. maybe get help from manor new tech highschool to come talk to the 8th graders more, like the ones who need extra help in sudjects can have a buddy from MNTH i know my daughter goes to MNTH she has freshman friends who want to do this but first they want to ask there princple.

Posted August 08, 2007
- a former student

Manor Middle School
P O Box 388, Manor, TX  78653
Last modified Manor Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Manor Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top