School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

MJS is welcoming and clean and organized. We have top notch teachers who make sure all students succeed! It's the best elementary school in Mansfield ISD!!
August 21, 2016

Bad
Good

The expectations are so high for both students and teachers. The teachers work very hard to be an advocate for each and every student.

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted August 21, 2016

Great school! My son transferred from another school in Arlington and he loves it here.

Mary Jo Sheppard Elementary is an environment that I am honored to work in as well as the parent of a child who attends here. The students on this campus are loved, cared for and academically challenged to reach their full potential. So blessed that I am a teacher here.

My son is new to MJS and we LOVE it!! Everyone is so friendly and organized!!

We have two children going to this school. We have not been happy and have been looking to get transfered out. I have even thought to home school till other arrangements can be made. My children's safety and well being has been a huge concerne at this campus. Don't get me wrong there are some great aspects but none out way the risk for us.

MJS is a fabulous school. The teachers are very involved and care deeply for the students. The various school programs are great and the parent/family involvement is fantastic as well. Students are well rounded and seem very happy as a whole.

Mary Jo Sheppard Elementary is a great, safe place to drop my children off each day. The principal knows what is going on in each classroom and does what it takes to extend greetings to parents. The teachers obviously go above and beyond their call of duty for our students. The changes have not been because of principals changing but because of the demographics of the community. It should be a focus of each parent to be involved in their child's education...you only get one chance. I appreciate all of the staff at Mary Jo Sheppard.

MJS is a great school so far (we have been there three years). The teachers we have had so far have all been more than happy to answer any and all questions/concerns I have had. Dr King holds parent panel meetings to answer any and all questions parents have covering many different topics/subjects. She also responds to email promptly when necessary. I am pleased with the level of information and tools the children have at their disposal to help them learn and retain the knowledge taught in the classroom. We are so thankful for these teachers/staff! Great school.

I have been very impressed with the teachers, staff, and parent involvement at this school! They have an exceptional kindergarten teaching staff!

Last modified Mary Jo Sheppard Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.