Posted August 26, 2014
Mary Jo Sheppard Elementary is an environment that I am honored to work in as well as the parent of a child who attends here. The students on this campus are loved, cared for and academically challenged to reach their full potential. So blessed that I am a teacher here.

Posted August 26, 2014
My son is new to MJS and we LOVE it!! Everyone is so friendly and organized!!

Mary Jo Sheppard Elementary School 1

Posted August 25, 2014
We have two children going to this school. We have not been happy and have been looking to get transfered out. I have even thought to home school till other arrangements can be made. My children's safety and well being has been a huge concerne at this campus. Don't get me wrong there are some great aspects but none out way the risk for us.

Posted June 05, 2014
MJS is a fabulous school. The teachers are very involved and care deeply for the students. The various school programs are great and the parent/family involvement is fantastic as well. Students are well rounded and seem very happy as a whole.

Mary Jo Sheppard Elementary School 4

Posted April 07, 2014
Mary Jo Sheppard Elementary is a great, safe place to drop my children off each day. The principal knows what is going on in each classroom and does what it takes to extend greetings to parents. The teachers obviously go above and beyond their call of duty for our students. The changes have not been because of principals changing but because of the demographics of the community. It should be a focus of each parent to be involved in their child's education...you only get one chance. I appreciate all of the staff at Mary Jo Sheppard.

Posted January 28, 2014
MJS is a great school so far (we have been there three years). The teachers we have had so far have all been more than happy to answer any and all questions/concerns I have had. Dr King holds parent panel meetings to answer any and all questions parents have covering many different topics/subjects. She also responds to email promptly when necessary. I am pleased with the level of information and tools the children have at their disposal to help them learn and retain the knowledge taught in the classroom. We are so thankful for these teachers/staff! Great school.

Posted September 24, 2013
I have been very impressed with the teachers, staff, and parent involvement at this school! They have an exceptional kindergarten teaching staff!

Mary Jo Sheppard Elementary School 2

Posted October 13, 2012
just started this school. so far so good and i am impressed. it is very diverse and admin staff is great. i did tours for about 3 other schools

Posted October 04, 2012
Parent Involvement is exceptional at this campus. The PTA is extremely active and the Watch DOGS (Dads of Great Students) has a high participation rate. We had 96 dads to attend Bring Your Dad to School at the end of September 2012. Parents and grandparents are on campus daily and are actively participating by helping the teachers and students. The students LOVE having their parents (and other parents) here to work with them in small group learning activities. This is very much a "community" school where everyone pitches in to make it the best that it can be. I am proud to be the principal of Mary Jo Sheppard Elementary. This year we started having daily intervention time (for accelerated instruction during the school day based on the needs of the individual student) and "Families" (like Ron Clark Academy) for every student and staff member. Our staff, parents, and community make Mary Jo Sheppard Elementary a great place to learn!

Mary Jo Sheppard Elementary School 3

Posted September 13, 2012
This school has been wonderful.. Great teachers. Only one problem with one teacher that was only there a short while. This was not handled well at all. Now that the old principal is gone everything has changed. Not for the better. He was great with the parents and students. The new principle is not parent friendly. Has changed so many things that worked great before. I hope this does not affect parents volunteering at the school. I wish the old principle good luck with his new adventures. And hope for the best for our school.

Mary Jo Sheppard Elementary School
1701 Farm-to-Market 1187, Mansfield, TX  76063
Last modified Mary Jo Sheppard Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mary Jo Sheppard Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top