Mansfield, TX

Posted October 08, 2013
So far so good. No complaints. My kid is learning and doing well. Although its only the first six weeks. Will need to review again at the end of year. My kid is in 5th grade so will attend this school again next year.

Asa E Low Jr Intermediate School 3

Posted April 29, 2013
This is a 5th & 6th grade only school, which cuts down on bullying. There is no program for gifted students. Kids can take "pre-AP" classes, but all of them are too slow for my son, and he is not a genius. Any kid can sign up for pre-AP classes. Ratio is 24:1. A few teachers are excellent, others give the kids busy work in class or repetitively review math back to 3rd grade. My son is under-challenged, so we are thinking about an online school or homeschooling him. I recall being in gifted classes when I was a student in Virginia & Louisiana. Gifted classes were separate, and I attended a gifted-only high school in Louisiana, for which I had to take an IQ test to gain admission. MISD schools are so wealthy that they can afford to give 10,000 iPads to HS students this year, but they cannot see a way to give gifted students what they need. My son is bored at Asa Low, but he is making all A's. He has lots of homework. The teaching pace is for slower kids in the pre-AP classes. Teachers email via list groups to parents, otherwise I hear nothing. The principal emails regularly. I give 3 stars for teaching due to lack of interest in challenging students. Property taxes are high for MISD

Posted July 12, 2011
This school is a new school. My kids attend this school, for a year, and so far the school has proved to be a safe environment for my kids. Most teachers appear to be competent in their selected subjects. Safety is a big thing at this school. The rating is five stars.

Posted March 08, 2008

Asa E Low Jr Intermediate School
1526 North Walnut Creek Drive, Mansfield, TX  76063
Last modified Asa E Low Jr Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 5-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Asa E Low Jr Intermediate School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top