Bad
Good

Great school that truly cares about children and family. Can't imagine being anywhere else in Mansfield.

Great school and wonderful teachers! We have Mrs. Kline and we couldn't ask for better teacher for our son.

We absolutely LOVE Boren! We are thrilled with the administration, teachers and staff at this wonderful school!

Awesome school, filled with Great Teachers & Staff!!! Great Family Involvement! We actually moved to attend this school!!!!

J.L. Boren became the home hub for us.. All 5 of my grandchildren went there, we voted there, exercised on it's walking path after school, and own a home across the street from the happy sounds of the playground. It is now rubble as another school will be built in it's place . The physical plant is gone but the fine education will continue with caring teachers and a loving community that supports this academia of excellence... I think the $5,000 can cement the old with the new in a special remembrance of 'life' between these walls. The children who grew up there and we who have grown older. The children who moved on and the children, not born yet, who will reap from it's solid stand in our community.

Worth the move! With a family of 5, we had to downsize our house to move from another Mansfield school district to JL Boren. I don't regret our decision one bit! The teachers, staff, and parent involvement are over the top! The only downfall is the older campus, but even that will be remedied as they have passed a bond to build a new one. I HIGHLY recommend this school.

It took us months to find a home in our price range that would put our children at Boren and it was worth the wait. It's an excellent school, from the principal to the teachers to the other parents. I cannot say enough good things about it. I had very high expectations for this school based on what I had heard--it exceeded all of them. Choosing Boren will be the best decision you have ever made.

Don't leave Boren! Let me give you a cautionary tale--I thought I wanted a bigger, newer home so we bought one in another area of Mansfield. Our daughter transfered from Boren to the new school and from day one the difference was staggering. The teachers at Boren are there because they love teaching and the parents are all very nice and involved, the types of families you want your kids to grow up around. After a year of trying to make the best of it, we tried to get back into our old neighborhood--it was nearly impossible! Everyone knows what a gem Boren is--I wish I had. :(

I would recommend JL Boren to any parent. My daughter is graduating from 4th grade this year. We will miss the principal, teachers, children and the parental support and envolvment. I can only hope that the next school experience is this good. They really set the bar very high. Great Job JL Boren! We will miss you.

My daughter is in first grade and her teachers so far have been fantastic. I am very pleased with her academic success. She is challenged and encouraged. I am also very pleased with the parental involvement in this school which ensures the success of the students by creating a team between home and school. The principal is involved, knows the kids by name and is always around. I'd recommend this school to anyone!

Last modified J L Boren Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.