Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Posted May 03, 2016
My brothers and sister went to Glenn Harmon growing up and now my son has attended there for kindergarten and first grade. In August 2016 they are going to have a brand new beautiful school building. I love the teachers! They are really something else. They are fun loving and usually are always dressed up on spirit days. They go the extra mile and help those who are struggling and those that are ahead. The children have blocks of time each week that they are placed in groups of children at the same stage in learning so they can work in a small groups on reading, math, or whatever issue they are having. If they are ahead they are put in a similar group called think tanks and are given special projects. I feel they are also very invested in bringing technology into learning which is something I really appreciated in todays education system. I love this school. (Just a side note to all parents,)Many of the negative reviews are very old and about an old principle and staff. There has been a new principle at Glenn Harmon since my son has attended and he's a wonderful! I have interacted with him multiple times.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted May 03, 2016
I have had a great experience with effective teachers. They care and are very kind. I feel like I can reach them at all times through class dojo and they give good feedback about my son's progress.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted May 03, 2016
Children need homework, but when they are young not too much. My son gets a four page packet every week and he has to do fifteen minutes of reading every Monday through Thursday. He never has weekend homework and he hasn't started projects yet. I think his homework is just right for a first grader.

Develops grit: Neutral

Posted May 03, 2016
I am not sure about grit and determination. I would say yes to determination because they encourage them to keep trying and to do their personal best.

Develops respect: Agree

Posted May 03, 2016
The teachers greet each child every day and shake their hand and make eye contact. They are kind and friendly. Both of the teachers my son have had, the principle, and administration are respectful to me and my son. I do not know all the teachers at Glenn Harmon, but from my experience they foster respect by giving respect.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted May 03, 2016
The teachers make the children feel like they can come to them. I always see them give warm hugs to their students. When my son has had a tough day, they message me and let me know. They also tell me how they comforted him and helped him. That's how they show these children, other than doing jump rope for heart, and saving pennies for charities, you can visually see that they care for them by their actions.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted May 03, 2016
I can explain this best by a real instance that happened to my son. He is in first grade. One of the teachers said that they would all have to sit out at recess because some children was throwing wood chips. My son was upset, because he did not think that was fair. I told him we should talk to his teacher. We sent her a message and she said that everyone would be talked to for few minutes and only the children who threw the woodchips would lose some time of recess. My son was relieved. I was relieved as a parent that they were kind and did not get upset with a little boy who wanted to speak his mind. Later, in their monthly grade awards program they gave him the fairness award. Actually celebrating that he wanted to talk to a teacher and make sure his school was fair with the children. As for all the values of fairness, honesty, and integrity, Glenn Harmon celebrates character traits. They have a list of character traits that they talk about each week with the children.

Posted March 20, 2014
My son has been going to this school since 2nd grade. He is in 4 th now. The teachers have been EXCELLENT. I have not one complaint about the education he has received at Glen Harmon. We will be moving out of Arlington when the school year is over and my son is sad to leave his school. The teachers and staff were wonderful and caring.

Posted June 17, 2013
Remember the guidelines when using this website. This is for the safety of students and teachers. 1.Obscenities and hateful, insulting, or otherwise inappropriate language. 2.Names! Do not target specific individuals or identify teachers, students, or staff. This is for safety and privacy reasons.

Glenn Harmon Elementary School 3

Posted March 08, 2013
Ok, I have 2 daughters that went to this school. They are 9 years apart in age. When we moved into this school, my oldest daughter was in 2nd grade and coming from Arlington ISD. She could barely read on a Kindergarden level although we worked with her at home. Her teacher (unfortunatly does not work there anymore) help her every day after school until she was reading on level! From there 3rd-4th grade, her teachers were AMAZING!! When my youngest daughter started going there, she loved it so much she didn't want to go to 5th grade! She only had problems with her 2nd grade teacher. That so called "teacher" has no business teaching our children...other than that, the staff is wonderful. My daughter still has contact with her favorite 3rd grade teacher on a regular basis!! I never really had any issues with anything at this school except the so called 2nd grade teacher. I love the fact the children wear uniforms!!

403 North Holland Road, Mansfield, TX  76063
Last modified Glenn Harmon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.