Mansfield, TX

Posted July 26, 2014
I was a student over there and the secound week there kids started doing drugs,smoking and other bad things.Teachers got mad when you forgot a pencil they would make you go to the principales office. In p.e. if you forgot your uniformes you would get 10 points off your gread The teachers would tell us to shut up or get on to us for no reason. On the first day of school me and my friends were talking in the lunch line they told us to go to the end but the people behind us didn't and they were talking to. Mary Orr was the most TERRIBLE schools I have been to .

Posted March 16, 2014
I was a former student that had graduated this school in 2011. I have to say, the leadership over here was TERRIBLE. My entire two years over there, our whole team had been continually punished for acts that were only committed by like, only ten kids or something. I, myself among the innocent people was punished for things that I clearly did not do. Staff was clearly too unprofessional and lazy to find the culprits and pin the blame on them instead. Not only that, some of the teachers in this school were rude and at times, I was also discriminated by some. Most of them have very, very short tempers and some, instead of doing their job as teachers, continue to rant about their own lives and about how THEY have to take home and grade so many papers, basically blaming us, the students, for them passing out so much paperwork and homework as if WE didn't have lives. Ridiculous. They also do very little to prevent bullying here. Interior-wise, this school is also dingy and old, like they do not sanitize it very often. Trust my personal experience and avoid this school at. all. costs.

Posted November 24, 2013
I was a substitute there and the kids were terrible! No matter how sweet and nice I was, they don't listen and took forever to get the kids to quiet down...if ever. They took advantage of me, the substitute, and put myself in trouble by the campus administration. It was something I would never do at elementary but wrongfully accused. Even after giving them threats that was instructed to me by their teacher, they still disobey me. I seek for help but the faculty was not around. I will not sub there again unless you have a mean and stronger appearance. It's not about classroom management...it's about the teacher telling the kids to show respect to the substitute in the future and add more punishment upon these kids or give more work.

Mary Orr Intermediate School 5

Posted June 18, 2013
Mary Orr is a wonderful school. We received emails and phone calls all year from the teachers, keeping us informed of everything going on. I am extremely pleased and my daughter loves this school.

Posted May 31, 2011
Well, all I have to say is thank goodness I'm done with this school and staff!!!!! I have never had a group of people who gave artificial concern about children. Communication is horrible... I actually emailed one of my child's teacher and asked why she didn't respond to my concerns in a prior email and her reply was " I didn't think a reply was necessary". I about blow a gasket. Tried to contact principal about my concerns and again no response.....I truly believe the Pre-AP staff is there to babysit.....I have nothing nice to say about this school and just hope and pray that Worley is better!!!!!!

Mary Orr Intermediate School 4

Posted February 21, 2009
Like many schools, I think Mary Orr is a mixed bag. The biggest problem I think is that the kids are 10 to 12 years old. This is a tough time in their lives -- puberty, cliques, real schoolwork. Overall the teachers do a fine job and the office staff is excellent. I have concerns about some of the methods -- the teacher intervention seems really harsh -- but I understand that they need to be firm but supportive. I think they offer a lot of great activities for kids that want to be involved and they appreciate parent involvement.

Mary Orr Intermediate School 4

Posted September 16, 2008

Posted August 26, 2008
Coming from Roberta Tipps to Mary Orr was a huge disppointment. The leadership and administration are sorely lacking at this school. Communications to parents is virtually non-existent. Poor use of the technology in communicating. Principal does not demonstrate strong leadership and does not use resources available to her. The principal's message posted on the website was blank for over half the year. Last minute notice inviting parents to attend meetings. Overall the principal and teachers do not reach out to parents to say 'you are welcome here'. Poorly organized functions. Awards program included 'day brightner' awards given to students who came to school happy and brightened the teachers day. Other subjective awards with no measurable criteria. Math teacher left mid-year and there was no communication to parents of changes. Students do not attend core courses, math and science everyday. Comments by teachers regarding individual character of students inappropriate. Totally unsat!!

Mary Orr Intermediate School 5

Posted April 18, 2008

Mary Orr Intermediate School 0

Posted March 14, 2008
I just love Mary Orr. Would recommend to anyone planning on moving to the area.

Mary Orr Intermediate School
2900 East Broad Street, Mansfield, TX  76063
Last modified Mary Orr Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 5-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mary Orr Intermediate School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top