Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Our daughter attends Mary Orr. She is in the sixth grade and loves it. Last year she was on an amazing team, team Valor. Her teachers were very knowledgeable about the subjects they taught. They were kind and treated the students with respect. The principal goes above and beyond his job description. Before the school year even starts he goes through the neighborhoods that feed into Mary Orr and meets families that will be attending the school. It's great to see such a caring man that is invested in our students.

Mary Orr is a wonderful school with dedicated staff who grow our children into not only academically prepared students, but also socially aware, caring kids.

My son loves Mary Orr! We are excited to see all the changes as the school is remodeled and updated. The teachers are great!

Develops character: Strongly agree

Leadership is actively involved at every stage at Mary Orr IS and there is strong reinforcement for good character, personal responsibility, and following rules. This works best when both parents and teachers communicate and most importantly that these traits are learned at home.

Mary Orr IS is an outstanding school largely due to many exceptional teachers, high standards set by leadership, a team approach to the curriculum and almost two dozen after school clubs...astounding. Our son thrived in this environment and looked forward to learning and the after school events. We participated in the PTA which did a great job with fundraisers for the school so they could enjoy special field trips. I found many teachers world class with the clubs, eg Choir which was recognized by the state and drama which produced plays that rival high schools. Most parents we have talked to have the same high regard for this school and are very appreciative of the hard work and long hours many of the staff and teachers put in.

My son has had a good experience so far at Mary Orr, despite a recent horrible incident there. I love the team set-up and exploratory opportunities. My son had the chance to explore his talents and passions and has decided on band. I have noticed a lack of communication from teachers, but I expect that is because my son never needed any intervention and was never a behavior problem.

I was a student over there and the secound week there kids started doing drugs,smoking and other bad things.Teachers got mad when you forgot a pencil they would make you go to the principales office. In p.e. if you forgot your uniformes you would get 10 points off your gread The teachers would tell us to shut up or get on to us for no reason. On the first day of school me and my friends were talking in the lunch line they told us to go to the end but the people behind us didn't and they were talking to. Mary Orr was the most TERRIBLE schools I have been to .

I was a former student that had graduated this school in 2011. I have to say, the leadership over here was TERRIBLE. My entire two years over there, our whole team had been continually punished for acts that were only committed by like, only ten kids or something. I, myself among the innocent people was punished for things that I clearly did not do. Staff was clearly too unprofessional and lazy to find the culprits and pin the blame on them instead. Not only that, some of the teachers in this school were rude and at times, I was also discriminated by some. Most of them have very, very short tempers and some, instead of doing their job as teachers, continue to rant about their own lives and about how THEY have to take home and grade so many papers, basically blaming us, the students, for them passing out so much paperwork and homework as if WE didn't have lives. Ridiculous. They also do very little to prevent bullying here. Interior-wise, this school is also dingy and old, like they do not sanitize it very often. Trust my personal experience and avoid this school at. all. costs.

I was a substitute there and the kids were terrible! No matter how sweet and nice I was, they don't listen and took forever to get the kids to quiet down...if ever. They took advantage of me, the substitute, and put myself in trouble by the campus administration. It was something I would never do at elementary but wrongfully accused. Even after giving them threats that was instructed to me by their teacher, they still disobey me. I seek for help but the faculty was not around. I will not sub there again unless you have a mean and stronger appearance. It's not about classroom management...it's about the teacher telling the kids to show respect to the substitute in the future and add more punishment upon these kids or give more work.

Mary Orr is a wonderful school. We received emails and phone calls all year from the teachers, keeping us informed of everything going on. I am extremely pleased and my daughter loves this school.

Last modified Mary Orr Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 5-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.