Mansfield, TX

Willie Brown Elementary School 2

Posted April 30, 2015
If you have an average to above average child you are golden at this school. This is a very keeping up with jones type of school. If you have a special need child then all I can see is this school will be a nightmare for you. I have had nothing but pure neglect and mistreating done to my child. I actually loved this school for my other children until my special needs child was enrolled and then I realized the true character of the administration and some staff members. I must say they should be ashamed of the way they've acted.

Willie Brown Elementary School 1

Posted January 16, 2015
My child is in kinder this year. From the beginning I have not had a great experience with this school. The biggest problem is my child is doing worksheets all day long. This is not developmentally appropriate for 5 & 6 yo. This is her teachers first year in kinder & I'm not sure if this is the reason. When she gets in trouble it's usually related to energy issues. I feel like she could have excelled so much more this year since she came in already knowing a lot. I feel like she did more & learned more in daycare without one worksheet. I feel like communication is not a strong point w/ parents either. They also do a lot that requires money. It has me wondering if they just cater to the parents that donate all the time & ignore the ones that don't or can't. My child used to love school & anything to do with school & now talks about how boring it is & that she doesn't want to go because they just sit & do work all day. This has been bragged about as being one of the best schools in Mansfield but I just don't see why.
2 people found this helpful

Posted October 09, 2013
Our kids love going to school here everyday. The teachers and administration work hard to create a strong team with the students and their families. Our kids are thriving. Doesn't get much better than that!

Posted September 26, 2013
This is a wonderful school! We have two children attending WB and have been impressed with the responsiveness and professionalism of the administration and teachers. We feel confident that our children are getting a top notch education.

Posted May 18, 2013
The school that my child goes to is Willie E. Brown and she said that it is the best school in the world. She is going to be in Mary Orr next year and will miss all her friends. Her principal and teachers that she has had have been awesome. I love this school. I am giving it 5 stars

Willie Brown Elementary School 4

Posted February 14, 2012
I will say this. The principle is excellent.The mentor is amazing and my daughters new 1st grade teacher is good, BUT the reading specialist, from what I gather gets a little frustrated with slower students and the 1st grade teacher my daughter had the first time was an absolute nightmare. I can't say names, but no!. That woman should have been a military teacher for in my personal opinion, she had no business being around small children. She is impatient, her comments are horrible, she's more worried about her class's stature, than helping troubled students. To her, if it's a problem, them get them out of there, she don't want to waste the time, nor the effort. Its easier to shove them out. My daughter lost a large majority of very crucial learning time to her negligence and to my amazement I cannot believe she is still there!!! She destroyed my daughters self-esteem and now my daughter has panic attacks still from her. I wish I could say names, but I will say this, if our child starts acting different, voicing problems, don't let her turn it back on the kid, listen to your children! Besides that one 1st grade teacher, I think the school is amazing, they try very hard.
2 people found this helpful

Posted July 17, 2011
My kids going to 2nd Grade and 4th Grade, respectively, have been at Willie Brown for two years now. Before then, they were in a private school in Nairobi, Kenya and then a Catholic school in CT. I can say without a doubt that Willie Brown is a great school! I have never seen such dedicated and motivated teachers. The teachers follow up, answer emails, return calls and keep track of kids' progress every step. The also require parents to play their part. When teachers and parents team up, kids thrive in school. I couldn't be more proud!

Posted October 13, 2010
Great, caring, educated staff.

Willie Brown Elementary School 3

Posted January 26, 2010
Both of my children have been at Brown for the last 3 years. (1 is in 4th and 1 is in 2nd) The teachers and the Admin. Staff are AMAZING! The teachers care about the children and they work hard to educate them in a positive way. The office staff, principal, and counselors are incredibly kind and welcoming and always make you feel confortable. There are a few drawbacks, however. Many of the parents are snobby and rude. There is a clique of women that include many PTA Board Members that can be awful. I have heard many parents who are not in this clique refuse to volunteer again due to the way they were treated by some of the Board members. Also, alot of bullying occurs here. And unfortunately, if the bully happens to be the child of a PTA Board Member, then don't expect anything to change. All politics!

Posted September 16, 2008
Willie Brown is AWSOME my son is in second grade and the teachers are wanderful!!

1860 Cannon Drive, Mansfield, TX  76063
Last modified Willie Brown Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Willie Brown Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top