Walnut Creek Private School

Private | PK-4

Living in Mansfield

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $166,300. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,030.

Sweep tile

Posted February 16, 2010

I Love WCPS, both of my children were in pre-K and have both excelled in school. I would highly recommend anyone to this school....remember never judge a book by its cover!

Posted May 7, 2009

I love walnut creek. The adminstation is fabulous! the teachers are very nurturing and caring

Posted November 23, 2008

Great school! Teachers works side by side with the student and their family. My daughter learned so much in just 2 years of attending WCPS. She started with not knowing how to read or write. She is now in a high level of hard core reading in the first grade. Her lowest score since school started in September is 94. This is a great school.

Posted September 10, 2008

My oldest son has been at Walnut Creek for five years and my youngest for three. I am completely satisfied with the education they are receiving. The classes are very small and the teachers are all certified. The curriculum is advanced compared to public school--and I know because I used to teach public school! The feeling of the school is that of a family. They truly care for the students.

Posted July 27, 2008

Teachers are great, but the Teacher's Aid are all terrible.

Posted May 23, 2008

Money aside, we paid an even higher cost and it was not worth it. Our child lost - self worth -self esteem trust in adults and we all learned that even private schools are not safe. I can no longer recommend this school. If you are considering this school, please take the time to really look at the school, check the condition of the property and ask a lot of questions before you put your precious child into their hands.

Posted March 27, 2008

My son attends this private school and he loves it! He is 3yrs old and is learning so much! He is even reading small words. I would recommend this school to any parent!

Posted March 24, 2008

I have had three children attend WCPS over a seven year period. Great results! Excellent teachers and staff.

Posted March 24, 2008

I had my child here for almost 3 years. This year was the worst experience I ever had. I do not know what changed but it has been terrible. They offer nothing of substance and hold kids back to create a better year the next year. The move kids up who probably should have been held back. I have recently pulled my child from the school and moved her to real private school in the same area. Avoid this school.

Posted March 18, 2008

This is the worst 'Private' school I have ever seen. The place is filthy and run down, lacks structure necessary to accomplish acedemic goals, lacks the strong administration necessary to mentor grade school school teachers, appears to lack funds necessary to make improvements the school desparately needs to survive. There are no use of computer labs and the music program they offer is just shy of useless. Don't bother. Look into a real private school.

Posted March 6, 2008

My son has been in the Odyssey program for 4 year olds for 2 months. He is now reading 3-letter words and surprises me every day with the new things he has learned. The teachers are kind, caring and devoted to the children. My son absolutely loves going to school every day. I was asked to return to my car to get my identification the first week he was there until all of the before/after -school caregivers knew me. I am so glad we decided to have our son at Walnut Creek and we're already planning on sending my younger children when they are old enough. The educational and social opportunities my child is receiving is outstanding.

Posted February 15, 2008

My daughter has been at this school for 6 weeks and it has been the worst 6 weeks of her/our lives. When reportedly 'pretty much legthargic all day' I did not receive a call until school had been out for nearly an hour. When I arrived to pick her up, she hadn't even been to the nurse's office. She was located lying on the floor of the after school program with 3 other sick students, coughing on one another. On another occasion, my mother, who had never been to that school, walked right in, asked for her and she was delivered to her. The school never checked her paperwork to see that she could be released to my mother and they never asked for identification. This is just the beginning. If you want a school with a day care atmosphere that has very little structure, this is the school for you.

Posted January 19, 2007

My son started the Pre K3 program in the fall of 06. Within a number of weeks he began pointing out letters and telling me the names and words that started with that letter. By Christmas he knew his entire alphabet and can spell his name and all before his fourth birthday. The students have a parent teacher conference to discuss their successes and areas of opportunity. The student teacher ratio is very low which allows for a great deal of individual attention. My son is the youngest of three and I've never had this level of parent-teacher involvement from a pre-school program, neither of his sisters had this positive an experience. Walnut Creek has certainly exceeded my expectations!

Posted January 4, 2007

My son (3yrs) just started here after being at home with me. He has transitioned perfectly thanks to the caring staff. They encouraged me to bring him in a few hours a day for a while before he actually began official attendance to help him. They were all very friendly and helpful. I feel very comfortable and my son has not said one time that he doesn't want to go to school. After being at home with me since birth I really expected more of a challenge but thanks to Walnut Creek it's been a really great experience for everyone involved.

Posted July 20, 2006

My son attended from PreK thru 4th grade. Provided solid foundation. Staff was great and quality of academic programs superior.

Posted June 9, 2006

Excellent school. Both of my boys started at Walnut Creek. My oldest went through 3rd grade. They both received a solid foundation and have been very successful at their new school. They staff is fabulous!! A very loving and student oriented environment. I highly recommend Walnut Creek Private School.

Posted March 4, 2006

They provide an excellent academic program with low class sizes and a great deal of individual attention. Music, spanish, computer and gym are availble. You may pay additional for extra computer, music. gymnastics, and exercise.

Posted April 1, 2005

My son has been at this school for 2 years now and it has been great for him. the teachers are great and really try to get you what you need. The curriculum is the abeka and is christian based. It is a very good program as far as that goes, he is in the 4's class and is about to start learning to read, before he hits kinder he will at least be on the right track. They go to spanish once a week as well as chapel and music.in the pre school program parent involvement is very, very high. over all we have really enjoyed the school and will continue to go there.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted September 17, 2004

This is my son's 4th year at WCPS. The curriculum is excellent. The teachers and staff are truly dedicated to the education of your child. The teacher/student ratio is great, and allows for the teacher to work one on one with each student should they need it. Tuition is the most reasonable that I have seen in this area for the quality education my son receives. My daughter attended a Mother's Day Out program there this summer and absolutely loved it. She will start a Pre-K program there next year. The principal comes and helps out the teachers when they need it, as well as any other staff member if necessary. Please check this school out, you won't be disappointed.

Asian 5% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Two or more races 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • NIPSA

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

1751 N Walnut Creek Dr