Donna Shepard Intermediate School 1

Posted February 28, 2010

Donna Shepard Intermediate School 0

Posted September 22, 2008
it is a pretty good school it has some problems but it is a great school and awsome teachers

Posted September 03, 2008
I think 5th grade is still elementary, as a parent. I feel the kids have way too much homework. Why don't they do it in class? I feel they have more to bring home than they do at school. I'm not knocking the school. I feel Mansfield schools are good, really good. I do know from experience. I just feel that kids aren't allowed to be kids anymore. Homework every night, when kids may have one extracurricular activity, is just too much for a 5th grader.

Donna Shepard Intermediate School 1

Posted May 05, 2008
The leadership at this school is horrible! They have a few wonderful teachers, but the bad experiences heavily outweigh the good. The staff ignores parent concerns and tries to brush everything off. They do not welcome parent comments or suggestions and do not respond to concerns. The office staff is very unfriendly and it is the most uninviting atmosphere I haev ever experienced. I have never met a more incompetent Principal than the one at this school. He never seems to know what is happening in his school and I would not recommend this school to any parent.

Posted October 18, 2007
My daughter is in the 5th grade at Donna Shepard this year and loves it. She's in 5C and the teachers in this group are excellent. They welcome all comments/suggestions from parents and really do want your child to succeed. They are willing to provide ways to make up grades if necessary and always respond back to emails. Excellent school!

Posted July 26, 2007

Posted March 26, 2007
This school has the most caring staff of any school I have seen. Each teacher is genuinely concerned with their student's success. The Fine Arts programs are second to none in the district and state for that matter. My son is in the band at Donna Shepard and it is all he talks about when he get in the car after school. He absolutely loves his two band directors and after my husband and I heard their Christmas concert we were completely shocked by the wonderful sounds that the band directors were able to produce in such a short period of time. I do have to say that my son was extremely disappointed when they had to go to an every other day schedule for band instead of the every day schedule that they started the school year with.

Posted March 26, 2007
Donna Shepard provides strong leadership, intensive academics and an emphasis on developing the whole child through Fine Arts programs. Teachers and administrators insist on each student being 'the best they can be' in every endeavor. DSIS also insists in making the school a SAFE environment, where students can focus on learning. My child had an outstanding experience at DSIS that more than prepared her for success at the middle school level.

Posted December 04, 2006
I agree,too much focus on rules, now I am a firm believer in rules. It apparently is up to each team teachers on their rules. Frustrated already.

Posted March 01, 2006

Donna Shepard Intermediate School
1280 Farm-to-Market 1187, Mansfield, TX  76063
Last modified Donna Shepard Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 5-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Donna Shepard Intermediate School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top