Bad
Good

Posted February 03, 2016
My son is in 6th grade at Donna Shepard and I don't see a lot of parent/teacher involvement. I don't see bullying getting any better for my child and I don't think the staff cares very much. I'm not looking forward to sending my other 2 kids here.

Posted September 22, 2008
it is a pretty good school it has some problems but it is a great school and awsome teachers

Posted September 03, 2008
I think 5th grade is still elementary, as a parent. I feel the kids have way too much homework. Why don't they do it in class? I feel they have more to bring home than they do at school. I'm not knocking the school. I feel Mansfield schools are good, really good. I do know from experience. I just feel that kids aren't allowed to be kids anymore. Homework every night, when kids may have one extracurricular activity, is just too much for a 5th grader.

Donna Shepard Intermediate School 1

Posted May 05, 2008
The leadership at this school is horrible! They have a few wonderful teachers, but the bad experiences heavily outweigh the good. The staff ignores parent concerns and tries to brush everything off. They do not welcome parent comments or suggestions and do not respond to concerns. The office staff is very unfriendly and it is the most uninviting atmosphere I haev ever experienced. I have never met a more incompetent Principal than the one at this school. He never seems to know what is happening in his school and I would not recommend this school to any parent.

Posted October 18, 2007
My daughter is in the 5th grade at Donna Shepard this year and loves it. She's in 5C and the teachers in this group are excellent. They welcome all comments/suggestions from parents and really do want your child to succeed. They are willing to provide ways to make up grades if necessary and always respond back to emails. Excellent school!

Posted March 26, 2007
This school has the most caring staff of any school I have seen. Each teacher is genuinely concerned with their student's success. The Fine Arts programs are second to none in the district and state for that matter. My son is in the band at Donna Shepard and it is all he talks about when he get in the car after school. He absolutely loves his two band directors and after my husband and I heard their Christmas concert we were completely shocked by the wonderful sounds that the band directors were able to produce in such a short period of time. I do have to say that my son was extremely disappointed when they had to go to an every other day schedule for band instead of the every day schedule that they started the school year with.

Posted March 26, 2007
Donna Shepard provides strong leadership, intensive academics and an emphasis on developing the whole child through Fine Arts programs. Teachers and administrators insist on each student being 'the best they can be' in every endeavor. DSIS also insists in making the school a SAFE environment, where students can focus on learning. My child had an outstanding experience at DSIS that more than prepared her for success at the middle school level.

Posted December 04, 2006
I agree,too much focus on rules, now I am a firm believer in rules. It apparently is up to each team teachers on their rules. Frustrated already.

Posted August 31, 2005
We are in are 3rd week of school and so far the administrative staff seems very nice and helpful. Coming from a private school there are some things that I am not sure about yet. There seems to be more focus on rules, rules, rules instead having fun while learning. I think I need to give it a little while longer.

Posted July 08, 2005
My son has just completed his first year here, 5th grade. We are very pleased. Grades 5th and 6th only. Each grade is broken up into teams. 5th grade had 3: 5A, 5B, 5C. Each team has their own set of academic teachers/staff. Electives include: Music, Choir, Computer Lab, Art, Band, P.E. Lockers in the hallway, and students walk to classes on their own. Parents are always welcome, unless testing is being conducted, of course. Activities during school hours(Field Day, parties, award ceremonies for each 6wks) and afterhours(band & choir concerts, family skate night, pizza night(?) ) If tutorial is needed for regular classes or for TAKS test, it's provided. Oh, and it's still 'cool' to eat lunch with your child there. I wasn't the only parent that did so :) We are very pleased, hope this helps someone!

1280 Farm to Market Road 1187, Mansfield, TX  76063
Last modified Donna Shepard Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 5-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Donna Shepard Intermediate School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top