Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Teachers at Donna Shepard are dedicated, hardworking, and professional. They sincerely care about the children in their care and spend a great deal of time helping both directly and indirectly. When teachers are not showing up early for tutoring or staying late to make sure every student masters every concept, they are taking part in professional development activities both on campus and off. Teachers at DSIS are amazing.

Moving up to 5th grade was scary for me as a mom, but I was very pleased with the staff and DSIS. They went out of their way to communicate to me and help my daughters navigate changing classes, keeping up with homework, etc.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Granted I may be biased here, but I also have the advantage of seeing how hard working my colleagues are. We have some amazing teachers that give so much of themselves daily.

Amount of homework: Agree

As a teacher it is always difficult to determine the amount of homework to assign. Some parents want to see homework coming home daily and some don't want to see it at all. We have to carefully decide how to reinforce what is being learned at school without overwhelming students.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Yes! DSIS is all about teaching student what it means to follow the charge matrix. Good behavior is praised and encouraged.

I work at Donna Shepard and absolutely love this school and district. My own child will go to this school next year.

My son is a 6th grader. Last year was his first year in MISD . My husband and I moved here because there wasn't any schools in FWISD that we felt were comparable to MISD; I still believe that :as far as academics go. Unfortunately, my son experienced bullying for the first time and had his lunch stolen multiple times, along with his Ipod. The school didn't handle the bullying appropriately nor did it seem like they were concerned about the thefts. I'm unsure if the HIGH academic standing, is worth the sacrifice of teaching morals and standards! Would have loved to see both be a priority!

My son is in 6th grade at Donna Shepard and I don't see a lot of parent/teacher involvement. I don't see bullying getting any better for my child and I don't think the staff cares very much. I'm not looking forward to sending my other 2 kids here.

it is a pretty good school it has some problems but it is a great school and awsome teachers

I think 5th grade is still elementary, as a parent. I feel the kids have way too much homework. Why don't they do it in class? I feel they have more to bring home than they do at school. I'm not knocking the school. I feel Mansfield schools are good, really good. I do know from experience. I just feel that kids aren't allowed to be kids anymore. Homework every night, when kids may have one extracurricular activity, is just too much for a 5th grader.

Last modified Donna Shepard Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 5-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.