Mansfield, TX

Erma Nash Elementary School 2

Posted March 09, 2010
Let me just correct some of these websites that state this schools student/teacher ratio is 14:1. My child currently attends this school 2009-2010 school year. Her classes are just over 20:1 student/teacher ratios. Our homeroom teacher (during the beginning of the school year) stated they were extremely concerned with the amount of students this year, as well as stating that they have never before had so many students under their care. This alone should be alarming. The principle has a long standing history in her position with Erma Nash. And in my opinion, it appears she has given up or just burned out and is merely waiting for retirement. It also appears that the schools district has turned a blind eye letting this school fall to the waste side. Erma Nash is and has always been known for poor leadership, over-population and disorganization. The school needs help.

Erma Nash Elementary School 0

Posted October 12, 2008
I am a parent of two children who attend Erma Nash. We are new to the school as of this year. I love that my children are coming home with homework, and not only that, but the work involves the parents so that we are having to do the projects together. Teachers are wonderful special people that devote so much of their personal time and energy to an often thankless job. Trust me, I'm sure if you ask any of them, they are not in it for the money. That being said...if you are one of those on here with negative remarks, maybe you should check your parenting, not the teachers or principal at the school. After all it is a partnership, and the teachers need our help as much as we need theirs. I think this is a wonderful school, devoted to teaching our kids to strive to perform well.

Posted July 23, 2008
This is a wonderful school. I have three children and each teacher they have had here has been amazing. The teachers are all very caring and go above and beyond to make sure each student does their best. Even teachers my children have never had go out of their way to know them. The principal and assistant principal are caring and take time to get to know the students. I would never want my kids to attend any other school!

Erma Nash Elementary School 1

Posted January 03, 2008

Erma Nash Elementary School 4

Posted October 04, 2007
I could not be HAPPIER with the teachers at this school. They work so hard to give the kids an advantage!

Erma Nash Elementary School 1

Posted September 27, 2007
I have not had a good experience so far at this school. I have tried to give it a chance, since the last school we transferred from was amazing! However, I have found that this school has too many children and is not ran properly. I do not recommend this school to anyone. I am sure there are good things about it, but I have yet to find any.

Posted January 08, 2007
Let me just begin by stating that I am a teacher at this school and this is my fourth year here. That having been said, this is without question the most professional staff I have had the pleasure of working with. We have a very active PTA. They actually had a surplus of volunteers for this year's fall carnival. Our extracurricular activities include a chess club and Math Olympiads. Our P.E. teacher organizes groups to run in local races as well. Our gifted program offers a multitude of challenging and enriching opportunities for G/T students both during and after school hours. Student safety is a top priority, from the principal on down. Perhaps the most telling thing I can say is this: I am truly excited about the day when my son will be old enough to attend this school, because I know he will receive a high quality education.

Posted May 04, 2005
Three of my children have attended this school. The teachers are wonderful. They really want the kids to learn. They make learning fun so the kids will want to learn too.

Posted April 26, 2005
Erma Nash elementary is a wonderful school. The teachers are very devoted to their students. My son is in kinder and has blossomed from a quiet shy boy to a bubbly talkative boy who comes home everyday talking about all the new things they are learning. He goes to spanish class, art,music and computer lab. I am amazed at all the classes that are available to them and he is only in kinder. The principal is very nice to all the children and gets down to their eye level when they stop her down the hall to ask her something. I am so glad that my son goes to this school.it is highly recommended.

Erma Nash Elementary School 2

Posted March 09, 2005
I am concerned about the total lack of innovation in this school. It seems like the school has been stuck in the same routine for years.

Erma Nash Elementary School
1050 Magnolia Street, Mansfield, TX  76063
Last modified Erma Nash Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Erma Nash Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top