Bad
Good

ESE is a wonderful school. These teachers are outstanding. Communication is excellent, curriculum is challenging, and instruction is top notch. In my family's experience, the teachers really get to know the students and go above and beyond to make sure that they understand the material being taught. The atmosphere of the school is one that acknowledges that education is a joint effort between students, teachers, AND parents. As a parent who supports this view and is willing to spend the time needed at home to be involved in my child's education, I appreciate this view. (and I work full-time outside of the home) I suspect the negative reviews are from parents who expect to send their children to school to be babysat/indulged and are not actively involved in their children's education. Parents who truly value quality education and an extremely professional staff will be very pleased with this school. I can't praise ESE enough!

Such a disappointment. We moved to Mansfield expecting an excellent experience, based on the district's high rating and have found that varies greatly, depending upon the school. Our child's teacher does not respond to emails. The PTA does not seem to meet - in the 6 months of the school year that have passed, there has been one meeting. They want everyone to join, but apparently are just looking for numbers, as they tell people, 'you don't have to participate, just donate'. Communication is severely lacking. Notices for things like picture day come home the day before the event. All of our friends' schools host Fall festivals, pancake breakfasts, fun runs, etc., but you'll not find any of that at ESE. We hope to be able to move soon to get into a better school, as we'll have an elementary-aged child for the next 10 years, and can't imagine dealing with this situation for that long.

My children attend Elizabeth Smith and we couldn't be more pleased with the way they run this school. The principle is wonderful and all of the teachers have been outstanding. The parent involvement is huge. We believe our children are in a safe and supported environment. Keep up the good work ESE and Thanks for being GREAT!

The school teaches to the lowest common denominator. If your child is bright or gifted, this is not the place you want to be. Several parents have pulled their child from this school as they are unable to challenge them. The bullying in the school is out of control, both physically and mentally. The principal has become very complacent regarding bullying issues. They say say ZERO tolerance, but they don't practice it. There are some FANTASTIC teachers at this school, but there are also some very bad teachers that make it obvious they don't care. One such teacher with many many complaints and student withdrawls..still remains there, sitting pretty, and educating the GT kids. She does absolutely NOTHING for them.If you need a great Mansfield school for GT or bright kids... I hear from Mommy friends, ROBERTA TIPPS is top notch!

The teachers here work hard but the parent involvement is weak and those parents who aren't spending adequate time with their kids breed behavior problems and kids who soak up all of the resources...we moved here from another state and were drawn to our golf neighborhood by the beautiful, huge and affordable houses. Now I wished we would have looked in the Boren/Willie Brown area, where the homes are not as "nice" but my kids aren't learning gang slang at school. :(

We have been so lucky to be able to spend 5 full years at Elizabeth Smith. The teachers are dedicated to the students and really work well together as a team! We have been really pleased with our child's progress! As we move on, we will miss the school, teachers and also the awesome parents who are also a tremendous part of the success.

My kids have been enriched by the curriculum and the wonderful teachers at Elizabeth Smith. The teachers in this school work hard to insure the kids not only do what is expected, but go beyond what is required so the kids can really excel.

I have worked in education for 30 years; 5 yrs. in administrations, 17 yrs. at a middle school and 8 yrs. in elementary. The past three years have been at ESE and they have been the best. I have read all of the reviews on ESE and am amazed at a couple of the parents comments about the leadership and teachers here, and felt I just had to reply. ESE has teachers who teach with such caring and heartfelt interest of each individual child's success (academic as well as self esteem, support). As for the leadership of this school from the Principal, VP, and support staff it is among the very best, and my experience backs this up. ESE has more extra curriculum activities for the students to be involved in. I wish parents would look beyond their own personal agenda and see all the good and wonderful things happening here.

Excellent school, blessed with a wonderful teacher and faculty. The end of the year program was awesome! Very well-organized. Looking forward to next year!

My son attended this school in the third grade. I was very disappointed in the cirriculum. Class time is devoted to TAKS (state) testing, and the homework to cover the basics is way too much, due to very little time left to cover them in class. The bullying level for my child was extreme. The way this school distict handles that is to offer to move the bullied child to a different class. They also do not have any music program such as plays. This was the first school that we have not had a year end program or play. Very disappointing overall. We will put our son in private school next year.

Last modified Elizabeth Smith Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.