Posted March 11, 2014
My children attend Elizabeth Smith and we couldn't be more pleased with the way they run this school. The principle is wonderful and all of the teachers have been outstanding. The parent involvement is huge. We believe our children are in a safe and supported environment. Keep up the good work ESE and Thanks for being GREAT!

Elizabeth Smith Elementary School 2

Posted May 14, 2013
The school teaches to the lowest common denominator. If your child is bright or gifted, this is not the place you want to be. Several parents have pulled their child from this school as they are unable to challenge them. The bullying in the school is out of control, both physically and mentally. The principal has become very complacent regarding bullying issues. They say say ZERO tolerance, but they don't practice it. There are some FANTASTIC teachers at this school, but there are also some very bad teachers that make it obvious they don't care. One such teacher with many many complaints and student withdrawls..still remains there, sitting pretty, and educating the GT kids. She does absolutely NOTHING for them.If you need a great Mansfield school for GT or bright kids... I hear from Mommy friends, ROBERTA TIPPS is top notch!

Elizabeth Smith Elementary School 3

Posted January 17, 2011
The teachers here work hard but the parent involvement is weak and those parents who aren't spending adequate time with their kids breed behavior problems and kids who soak up all of the resources...we moved here from another state and were drawn to our golf neighborhood by the beautiful, huge and affordable houses. Now I wished we would have looked in the Boren/Willie Brown area, where the homes are not as "nice" but my kids aren't learning gang slang at school. :(

Posted May 26, 2010
We have been so lucky to be able to spend 5 full years at Elizabeth Smith. The teachers are dedicated to the students and really work well together as a team! We have been really pleased with our child's progress! As we move on, we will miss the school, teachers and also the awesome parents who are also a tremendous part of the success.

Elizabeth Smith Elementary School 0

Posted November 03, 2009
My kids have been enriched by the curriculum and the wonderful teachers at Elizabeth Smith. The teachers in this school work hard to insure the kids not only do what is expected, but go beyond what is required so the kids can really excel.

Elizabeth Smith Elementary School 4

Posted October 28, 2009

Posted June 23, 2009
I have worked in education for 30 years; 5 yrs. in administrations, 17 yrs. at a middle school and 8 yrs. in elementary. The past three years have been at ESE and they have been the best. I have read all of the reviews on ESE and am amazed at a couple of the parents comments about the leadership and teachers here, and felt I just had to reply. ESE has teachers who teach with such caring and heartfelt interest of each individual child's success (academic as well as self esteem, support). As for the leadership of this school from the Principal, VP, and support staff it is among the very best, and my experience backs this up. ESE has more extra curriculum activities for the students to be involved in. I wish parents would look beyond their own personal agenda and see all the good and wonderful things happening here.

Posted June 06, 2009
Excellent school, blessed with a wonderful teacher and faculty. The end of the year program was awesome! Very well-organized. Looking forward to next year!

Elizabeth Smith Elementary School 1

Posted June 05, 2009
My son attended this school in the third grade. I was very disappointed in the cirriculum. Class time is devoted to TAKS (state) testing, and the homework to cover the basics is way too much, due to very little time left to cover them in class. The bullying level for my child was extreme. The way this school distict handles that is to offer to move the bullied child to a different class. They also do not have any music program such as plays. This was the first school that we have not had a year end program or play. Very disappointing overall. We will put our son in private school next year.

Elizabeth Smith Elementary School 0

Posted January 31, 2009
I am an involved parent and my child has been at this school for 4 years. ESE has many great teachers in spite of poor leadership by the principal. Great test scores are a reflection on students and teachers. When is MISD going to wake up and smell the coffee? This principal needs to be replaced with a loving and positive role model and not one only waiting to retire!

Elizabeth Smith Elementary School
701 South Holland Road, Mansfield, TX  76063
Last modified Elizabeth Smith Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Elizabeth Smith Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top