Mansfield, TX

Posted April 23, 2013
Tipps is an excellent school with fantastic leadership. I've had one son tenure through the school and now my middle son is there. As we have considered moving recently, a major consideration has been that we don't want to leave Tipps.

Roberta Tipps Elementary School 4

Posted April 22, 2013
My children have attended Tipps for 5 years now and they have always enjoyed it. We have been very lucky I guess to have the best teachers because I don't agree with the comments below. I do however keep on top of my kids grades and maintain high communication with their teachers via email because I am a full time worker. They've always given me the support I needed to make sure my kids succeed. I do have to say that some of their procedures are ridiculous, for example one time they made me go to the office to pick up my children because I did not have my "paper" and was treated rudely and another time I didn't have my 'paper' and they gave me my kids. But I think you'll find these problems everywhere.

Posted November 06, 2012
We love Roberta Tipps. We were thankful to have been able to move into the district so our son could attend Tipps from K forward. The teacher are wonderful there is great parental involvement and the staff is fantastic.

Posted August 27, 2012
My son is now starting his 3rd school year at Roberta Tipps and he loves the school. As a parent, I highly recommend it: the teachers and staff go above and beyond to make sure each child learns and feels important. Great parent and PTA involvement, and fun and educational events throughout the school year. We could not ask for a better school.

Roberta Tipps Elementary School 2

Posted May 29, 2012
Roberta Tipps used to be great. The administration empowered teachers to do their job and the success was evident through the academic achievement of the students and the awards bestowed on the school. Given all of the accolades the teachers and students had received, it seems logical, that any new staff members would take time to learn the system to understand why it has worked so well. Unfortunately the new principal has taken a different approach; choosing to systematically eliminate the framework which had encouraged teachers to go the extra-mile and push the students to their full potential. Each week brings a new change to procedures, that many feel are detrimental and only serve to further deflate a staff & parent group whose morale is already approaching rock bottom. It s hard to enjoy your job, when the rewards are continually taken away. The tragedy for everyone is that the greatest reward, student success, is likely the next to go. Reference the Test Scores & Stats for Waterford Oaks Elementary School (the principal's previous school), listed on this website; as well as the CCR Targets on the NCEA/ACT website a questionable hire for MISD.

Posted September 21, 2011
This is a great school, great teachers, great office staff...as for the other, all of Mansfield has been hit HARD by the reccession and it's basically bleeding into south Arlington, so yes, it's not as nice as it was, but I don't think this is unique to Tipps. It may have hit here first, but I guarantee you it will spread as there are more foreclosures (on these HUGE houses!) GET OVER IT! It's a good school and that's all that matters. Also I felt like some of these comments were kind of subtly classist. There's no invisible barrier between Matlock (Boren zone and Tipps zone.) If you are really that worried, I would leave Mansfield and try another town. There's a big flight south of here.

Roberta Tipps Elementary School 3

Posted August 23, 2011
Um, this school is in a bad area??? Really, where are you looking because the houses that surround it a enormous! If this is a bad neighborhood Ill take it. Cant imagine what you would think of a lower class neighborhood. That made me laugh. Bad neighborhood....right

Roberta Tipps Elementary School 4

Posted August 14, 2011
Strangely, I was looking up a review for the school I where I teach and decided to see how things were going at Tipps since we moved last year. Both posters are right:Tipps is a good school and it's in a bad area. But the educators, principal and office staff are as good as you would find at any school. We were sad to leave Tipps, but not that area. I think it should be clarified that Tipps is not a bad school, though, and rating it as such because it's kind of the poorer, more high crime side of Town is not fair to the teachers there, if anything they should be applauded bc they go above and beyond for those kids who are needy. .

Posted August 14, 2011
I love Roberta Tipps Elementary!!! The staff is fabulous and my children have been fortunate to have had the benefit of attending this fine school. The school has endless programs that nurture children both academically and socially which I feel puts them at a great advantage and builds their confidence. My only sadness is that this is my youngest child's last year at this school, but I look forward to all the memories that will be made in the coming months.

Posted August 14, 2011
I am appauled at some of the negative parent comments below. My child just completed her last year at Roberta Tipps, and I am mourning the loss that the structure, education, creativity and enviroment Roberta Tipps provided. I'm sorry if the children of the parents below had a bad experience...but that is NOT the norm or the standard at this school. This school oozes with creativity. From the classical music played in the halls, to the creative, unique decor in every hall, it is an enviroment rich in all things that you would want your child surrounded by. Communication between teachers and parents is OUTSTANDING. The extra curricular activites and programs offered are also fantastic. Roberta Tipps is a family oriented school. I 100% agree with the parent who compared this school to a private school....And YES, we have children in BOTH private and public schools.

Roberta Tipps Elementary School
3001 North Walnut Creek Drive, Mansfield, TX  76063
Last modified Roberta Tipps Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Roberta Tipps Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 60 reviews. Top