Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)

Marion High School 1

Posted August 26, 2015
Eight years ago this district had promise. Now the school board likes to go behind parents backs and approve things without telling us. The technology is way behind, don't want to fix existing problems, need to offer more electives, need to offer skills training, and the teacher turn over rate is high. But, if you are interested in athletics then you will be fine because that's the only thing they are interested in too.

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted August 26, 2015
We are having a high turn over rate with teachers. The good ones all leave.

Amount of homework: Don't know

Posted August 26, 2015
Homework is between just right and too much, depends on grade level, teacher, when the STAAR test is, and multiple other factors.

Develops grit: Agree

Posted August 26, 2015
Yes, it helps develop persistence, grit, and determination because you have to have it to deal with the staff.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted August 26, 2015
It's difficult to respect people who don't respect the students and parents. The staff are rude and will lie to your face while smiling.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted August 26, 2015
The school does absolutely nothing about its bullying problem but supposedly has a zero tolerance.

Marion High School 1

Posted October 07, 2014
I went to Marion K-12, however I did move around a lot. I thought maybe it would be better over time and when I came back I realized this isn't the kind of school for me or my future kids. Maybe if there was funding, kids would have better electives and much more to be proud of. Marion lacks any school spirit. The student body rejects anyone who is different. The teachers are eh. The new building looks nice from the outside...but poorly designed. There's a small staircase that is enough room for two people and one small door.

Marion High School 5

Posted February 03, 2013
Marion is an excellent school district. The school is behind on technology, but that does not hamper the overall quality of education. The state mandated test scores are excellent and the teachers are wonderful. Marion has outstanding band, athletics, ag, theater and art programs. The administration is considerate and is often eager to listen to suggestions made by students and by parents. The bond between all of the students is quite prevalent as well. The students are proud to represent Marion everywhere they go. I highly recommend this school district for anyone that struggles at larger schools, or just wants a chance to excell.

Posted January 16, 2009
I have lived in Marion for the past 18 years, moving here from San Antonio, graduated from Fox Tech in a class of 2000 children. I find Marion Schools a delightful change. I like the small classes, the attention that was given my child. It took the whole village to help her get throught school. The Principal, Vice Principle, teachers, Coaches, everyone was there to help. Information was given/provided to get into collage. If extra help was needed there was always someone that could help. It may be a small school but the people are proud, have lots of spirit. It is not just about sports. Any child that wants to learn can learn. Not all children play sports nor want to be farming housewifes. Neither do all children in Marion live on farms. My child is attending College now and doing well. Thanks Marion ISD.

Marion High School 5

Posted September 05, 2008
I am A a Student at Marion High School and I have learned that this school can help you with a lot of things, seeing how it is so small. I know that the school is underfunded but we are doing the best we can. Plus, I moved from a larger school and my grades were so bad that I was going to tutoring every day after school to catch up with my class mates. I like Marion because it gives you more attention since being there I have made honor roll 2 years in a row and got commended on all of my TAKS test. If you think your child is struggling then they are not paying attention. Teachers offer extra time to help students that do not understand and we still have a ton of kids wanting to come. Marion is a great school to send your kids.

P O Box 189, Marion, TX  78124
Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. (830) 914-2803 x400
Last modified Marion High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.