Posted February 03, 2013
Marion is an excellent school district. The school is behind on technology, but that does not hamper the overall quality of education. The state mandated test scores are excellent and the teachers are wonderful. Marion has outstanding band, athletics, ag, theater and art programs. The administration is considerate and is often eager to listen to suggestions made by students and by parents. The bond between all of the students is quite prevalent as well. The students are proud to represent Marion everywhere they go. I highly recommend this school district for anyone that struggles at larger schools, or just wants a chance to excell.

Posted April 29, 2009

Posted April 21, 2009

Marion High School 0

Posted January 16, 2009
I have lived in Marion for the past 18 years, moving here from San Antonio, graduated from Fox Tech in a class of 2000 children. I find Marion Schools a delightful change. I like the small classes, the attention that was given my child. It took the whole village to help her get throught school. The Principal, Vice Principle, teachers, Coaches, everyone was there to help. Information was given/provided to get into collage. If extra help was needed there was always someone that could help. It may be a small school but the people are proud, have lots of spirit. It is not just about sports. Any child that wants to learn can learn. Not all children play sports nor want to be farming housewifes. Neither do all children in Marion live on farms. My child is attending College now and doing well. Thanks Marion ISD.

Posted September 05, 2008
I am A a Student at Marion High School and I have learned that this school can help you with a lot of things, seeing how it is so small. I know that the school is underfunded but we are doing the best we can. Plus, I moved from a larger school and my grades were so bad that I was going to tutoring every day after school to catch up with my class mates. I like Marion because it gives you more attention since being there I have made honor roll 2 years in a row and got commended on all of my TAKS test. If you think your child is struggling then they are not paying attention. Teachers offer extra time to help students that do not understand and we still have a ton of kids wanting to come. Marion is a great school to send your kids.

Marion High School 4

Posted August 29, 2008
For the people saying that the students at this high school are obsessed with ag and sports and that all the women are expected to be housewives is completely wrong. After being a student at marion and seeing what goes on there, I know that the school stresses education as much or more that they want you to join ag or Sports. Yes there are some teachers that aren't as good as the others , many of them have great credentials and are wonderful teachers.

Marion High School 0

Posted August 14, 2008
My child does go to school in Marion and we are pleased with the quality of his educationa and the staff, ( most of them) I have not had to deal with anyone above the Elementary level, but at this point, I am satisfied. Is it a small, 'FFA/4H school'? You bet it is, but coming from a larger school district, I will tell you that I am much happier and so is my child. In larger schools you may have more electives, but you also will have larger issues. We are happy with our choice to send our child to Marion ISD. Small town school, with small town values. Values being the key word. Most larger school districts lack any kind of VALUES. In turn, our children grow up without any.... look at our socity today. I am happy to send my child to a small school with VALUES!

Posted April 20, 2008
This school places too much emphasis on football and farming. Elective courses tend to drift towards encouraging the girls to become housewives and the men to take on the family farm. The school in unable to hold on to the good teachers who can connect with youth and never let go of the teachers who haven't got a clue as to what students really need. Only a handful of students are encouraged to attend college and the rest are all seriously mislabled as trouble-makers. Furthermore the fact that this school is loced in a small town means that student's can become ostasized by not only thier fellow classmates but the faculty and townsfolk by unsubstanciated rumors that may offend the moral majority. My reccomendation for those parents living in Marion ISD? Send your children to private school or home school because Marion will only hold them back.

Posted September 21, 2007

Posted August 21, 2007

Marion High School
P O Box 189, Marion, TX  78124
Last modified Marion High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Marion High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews.