Marshall, TX

Sam Houston Middle School 4

Posted February 06, 2006
This school has choir, orchestra, and band for the 6th year students. I found these activities readily available and enjoyable. I did not feel the quality of academics was what it could have been. I think they would do better if they offered honors classes. I did find the science fair 'invention convention' a very good idea for the children's imagination. I felt the parent involvement depended on the parent. You can be as involved as you choose to be.

Sam Houston Middle School 3

Posted December 09, 2005
I did not like this school at all. The aids were mean and the teachers weren't that nice. They are really strict on the children there. On a good note, they do have band or orchestra to choose from and I believe they have an art class and choir.

Sam Houston Middle School 5

Posted March 21, 2004
This is the best middle school that Marshall has to offer. The principal, teachers, and other staff members makes the school a wonderful place to be. They have wonderful after school programs for students that need help in their core subjects. Sam Houston Middle School has the best sounding begining band I've ever heard. The students are well behaved and for those who cross the line every once in a while there is the strict discipline the staff enforces that returns them back into well behaved children. Overall Sam Houston Middle School is the school I would recommend for anyone that is new to the area.

Sam Houston Middle School
2905 East Travis Street, Marshall, TX  75672
Last modified Sam Houston Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 5-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sam Houston Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top