No rating

Trinity Episcopal School

Private | PK-8 | 241 students

Living in Marshall

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $164,400. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $770.

Sweep tile

Posted September 10, 2013

My child attended Trinity for many years. I loved the family atmosphere but as far as the knowledge that was acquired, I felt more playtime took place than actual learning. I remember my child needing help in a subject and being told if you don't get it, you'll learn it next year. Also, one year he had an instructor that graded everything EXCELLENT! I don't think my kid or any other kid could do wrong, UNTIL you actually read the paper. If you took the time to read the assignments, checked the grammatical errors, spelling, punctuation and such, you would realize that the paper was not EXCELLENT at all. Sometimes the question and answer were not even on topic. When I talked to the teacher about it, she stammered and stuttered. That really didn't make me feel good as a parent knowing my child was getting what was needed for a good quality education, one that I was paying dearly for.

Posted June 22, 2011

I am hesitating about sending my child back to Trinity. I live right by the school, so Travis is our public school choice. I have a feeling my child would do well academically wherever he goes. What are the better neighborhoods in Marshall?

Posted March 4, 2011

I personally have not been impressed with the level of academics this school offers and don't believe they are up to the standards the public schools offer. The scores appear to reflect great results, but consideration of the types of students at Trinity must be considered. It is likely these students would succeed and test well at any school. Most of the teachers seem to be sufficient, but how can a school expect to get top teachers when they pay $16,000 less than public schools pay a starting teacher. I think overall anyone who sends their child to TES is doing them a great disservice and wasting their money. Save what you're spending on tuition and move to one of the better neighborhoods serviced by one of the better public schools.

Posted August 3, 2008

I absolutly love Trinity. It is one of my favorite places to be, the head of school is amazing and all of the teachers have a passion to help the us grow. I am sad because this is my last year at Trinity but am glad that i got the oppertunity for that amazing experience. I am very glad the I am at the school I wouldnt trade it for the world!
—Submitted by a student

Posted July 26, 2008

I have been going to this school ever since I was three years old, and every year has been better and better for me. There are very many options for me out there because I attended this school. It is an amazing program. Sherry Henderson, our principal is one of the best things about Trinity. Trinity is a very safe enviromert, the teachers are outstanding, there are a whole slew of activities to do at Trinity Episcopal School.
—Submitted by a student

Posted July 15, 2008

Trinity has been a great choice for my family. My daughter has shown so much growth over this past year. Trinity teaches at a higher level and therefore the children learn at a higher level.

Posted May 6, 2008

Excellent school with a great academic program. Spiritual values are nurtured as well. Your child will excell here!

Posted December 11, 2007

I have 3 kids in TES. I feel so blessed that Marshall has an option like Trinity. The faculty is very caring and the academics are amazing. I know they will be well served by Trinity until they graduate from the 8th grade. I would never consider sending my children anywhere else!

Posted June 27, 2007

My daughter attended Trinity for pre-K. While we appreciated the Christian component, the academics were not on level with what was stated (as comparable to K in public school). Our child learned more this past year in public school than in TES. Marshall public schools are not the horror some of the TES teachers would have you believe. The after school program was not done well. Academically, my child has done better in MISD schools.

Posted June 6, 2007

My son attended Trinity Episcopal School this past school year and it was horrendous. After many complaints to the Head of School we will be pulling our son from the school this year. I know for a fact that I am not the only parent pulling their child and there were many complaints.

Posted May 15, 2006

My cousins all attended Trinity school, as children. They are now young adults, and through the years of attending this school, they were able to excel in their education, and learn so much along the way. It's a one-on-one learning experience, in a christian environment. I highly recommend this school.

Posted May 11, 2006

The education that my son is recieving here at Trinity is amazing. He's about to graduate from kindergarten and has tested on the 2 grade level in reading and mathmatics. Music, gym, spanish, art its all here at Trinity. As parents we recieve daily progress updates, as well as incouragement to help him with his homework. We couldn't be more pleased with Trinity.

Asian 4% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 3% N/A
Two or more races 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Episcopal
Associations
  • NAES

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious