Mcallen High School 5

Posted August 01, 2013
The new principal at McAllen High School is big on technology and focused on high-quality education. He creates a strong, supportive environment for students and employees. Teacher at McHi build strong relationships with the students and are dedicated to providing them with the best education so they will be fully prepared for college and/or skilled careers. Great things are happening at McAllen High School!

Mcallen High School 1

Posted June 26, 2010
This school has the worst administration imaginable. They are only looking out for themselves. There is absolutely no discipline at all in this school. There are certain families in the community whose children go to school here that the administration is afraid of. They are paranoid that these families will get an attorney and sue the school if their child is not giving extreme preferential treatment. Mean while the other students are either treated very unfairly or simply ignored. My children did not feel safe here I will be sending them anywhere but McAllen High. The administration are experts at the PR game and trying to cover up the truth of how this school really is.

Mcallen High School 1

Posted May 25, 2010
My children have all gone through McHi. Every year now it is becoming less and less impressive. I talk to my kids teachers and I am mostly happy with them. My kids tell me that the students run the place and they have no respect for the principals. All the head Principal does is talk and threaten over the intercom but never follows through with them. I am glad we are just about done with McHi.

Mcallen High School 0

Posted February 21, 2009
I am a former student from mcallen highschool, and i have to say it is a good school over all, but, like any school, it does have its defects. The dress code, many feel, is unfair and ridiculous, from not being able to wear tatterted jeans to not being able to wear headbands; it has become nothing more then a distraction to the school instructive. The consequences for not following dresscode leads to more ditstraction to the classroom, by placing students is ISS for a the whole day is only worsening the academic problems that McHi faces.

Posted July 23, 2008
i went to McAllen high school my 10th and and 11th grade year.. the teachers n counselors are really helpful andcaring...at times...

Mcallen High School 5

Posted September 09, 2007
I went to McHi and now my children are graduating from there. The tradition continues. We all support the Mighty Bulldogs. This school has come a long way since its leadership change last year. Staff happy, respectful and show they truly care about these kids. The bad thing is everyone wants to come to McHi from other schools and I don't think they should continue allowing this.(student to teacher ration. Spirit is also great and the kids really, really support each other. Love the new dress code. All look nice

Posted May 28, 2006
- a former student
this school does a good job academically, but the extracurricular activites are extremely limited and usually do not do too well.

Mcallen High School 4

Posted May 19, 2006
Mcallen high school has very great education skills. My daughter goes there and I would really recomend it.

Posted May 08, 2006
Ability of the principal to maintain objectivity when dealing with staff is questionable. As a result, academics and extracurricular activities are being compromised. Morale of staff has declined and therefore, enforcement of discipline policies has weakened. I am saddened by this environment, and I will be looking for changes to turn this situation around!

Mcallen High School 4

Posted December 07, 2005
Both of my children graduated from this school. Both completed college. One received her Doctorate in Genetics. They were both involved in music and one was in the national honor society. I was involved in the Band Boosters and was the Secretary and helped with the football programs. I think the academics were good and the children were successful.

Mcallen High School
2021 La Vista Avenue, McAllen, TX  78501
Last modified Mcallen High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mcallen High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top