McAllen, TX

Rayburn Elementary School

Posted April 29, 2010
My children love Rayburn they look forward every day to go to school, thanks for everything Mrs. Hooper, Mrs. Dillard and Mrs. J. Gonzalez

Posted May 04, 2008
The special-ed teachers are angelic! Thank you, Mrs. Gallegos and Mrs. Leal. I've never met the principal, Mrs. Dillard, but I know she is great as well because the school runs very smoothly. I like the new receptionist, keep smiling! Mrs. Rocha is great with parent-teacher communication and is great in calming our child, thanks so much for your patience! Thank you, Rayburn, for all you do!

Posted June 08, 2007
My daughter is going into 2nd grade and I must say that her Kinder and 1st grade years were great. She loves school, and that is an excellent foundation for her future. My son will start kinder next year, and he can't wait. Thanks to the Rayburn staff.

Rayburn Elementary School 4

Posted January 30, 2007
I have to agree with other posters, this school is great. Mrs. Hooper, Mrs. Leal, Mrs. Benavides, Mrs. Duran, and the now retired Mrs. Schrieber are the best! Keep up the good work ladies! My daughter has excelled so much this year, I hope she does this well her whole school career. She is a fantastic reader and challenges herself everyday. Mrs Patridge is a wonderful teacher.Thank you Rayburn staff!

Posted December 08, 2005
I really like this school. The teachers and staff are friendly unlike other schoools. They are very understanding to children with disablities.

Posted November 12, 2005
The school offers a wonderful education for my child. He has done a wonderful job in the gifted and talented program. Although the school has been incredible overcrowded for the last few year, hopefully the new schools will relieve that problem.

Posted April 26, 2005
My daughter is in Pre-K at Rayburn and we just love it! The instrusction is great and parental involvement is high. There are plans for an outdoor pond (marine life) and others in the works by the great PTA. My daughter had some adjustment issues and the couselors (Mrs. Leal & Mrs. Shrieber) along with the principal, Mrs. Benevides, were wonderful in helping her to feel comfortable. Mrs. Hooper is the BEST too! My daughter also attends a math lab once a week and she is doing and learning so much. Thanks to all the staff for a job well done and keep it up. It is one of the largest elementaries in McAllen with over 1000 students, but it never feels as big as it is.

Rayburn Elementary School
7000 North Main Street, McAllen, TX  78504
Last modified Rayburn Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rayburn Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top