Bad
Good

When we moved to McAllen, we were told there were better options than ROWE High School. After visiting with teachers and staff we decided that this would be a good fit for our kids. Our oldest recently graduated from ROWE High School and we were very satisfied with the educational opportunities. They have an excellent dual enrollment program where students can take college credit courses at Rowe High School which has saved us thousands of dollars in college tuition costs. I was surprised that 95% of the college credit courses transferred to the university transcript. There are so many clubs and activities that all the kids seem busy involved in something positive and we did meet many families that had also moved to McAllen from other areas.

I graduated from this school last year and the administration really helped me out when I needed it. They don't spoon feed you, which I happened to very much enjoy because it let me know how the real world is. If I wanted something, I could have it as long as I asked for it. For example, college help is readily available upon request. Although test scores show that Rowe had the worst academics, they had the most migrant students as well and it had a better environment than the other schools in the district. If you are a musician, you will have the best education here. However, if elitism is your thing, you should consider Memorial or McHi. I have never seen schools that were as elitist than these. There is a difference between school pride and being downright obnoxious.

One of my children recently graduated from rowe high school, and throughout his high school expieriance he could do nothing but complain about the neglection of the teachers and staff. Even thou im sure other schools may not be rid of old peer pressure, im sure that it would not compare to the trauma that rowe high school put my son through.

Last modified Rowe High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.