McAllen, TX

Posted November 18, 2010
This school has given me an incredible sense of self. It's self paced program and its enviroment has allowed me to develop my natural talents and skills in a way i had never before experienced. I dont feel trapped anymore by the society and i know i can do more and more each day. My teachers encourage an incredible feeling of trust and they are good at they're subjects. Each teacher has a different style of teaching and each knows how to make you feel confident and to work hard. Lamar has changed me really deeply, and i have the feeling this school should be considered better.

Posted September 16, 2009
Lamar Academy is the home for International Baccalaureate, and needless to say its practically my second home. I love the students and teachers and the great learning environment that Lamar Academy (IB) provides :D

Posted August 07, 2008
The teachers are hard working and individualize instruction so that all students can succeed. My daughter was the type that never brought home any homework. But at Lamar Academy she was able to get 1 1/2 years credits i2 1/2 months and graduate in 3 years. The shool has a great support staff such as principals, counselors, social workers etc.. to help the students deal with their personal, family and social issues that have kept the students from being academically successful. This is a wonderful alternative school setting for students who have gotten behind in school and need a little more 1 on 1 attention.

Posted October 28, 2005
This school is one that I will rate as a wonderful school. My son graduated from Options HIgh School @ Lamar Academy in 2004. This is a school that at first I thought was a school only for trouble makers or parent-students (my son was neither one, of them but decided to go with all his friends). It was an excellent school that gave very individual attention without mentioning how happy and satisfied my son was to go to schoo. It is a very small school, with absolutley wonderful teachers and great administration. When my son graduated in the top 10% of his normal high school, in the distinguished achivement program, tech prep, texas scholar, and seven scholarships believe me I was very proud, and I knew I had made the right decision although at first I had disagreed with his decision.

Lamar Academy
1009 North 10th Street, McAllen, TX  78501
Last modified Lamar Academy is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lamar Academy Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top