Bad
Good

I wish I had better comments about Deleon.. I have so much trouble getting anyone to call me back.. I.E. from teachers(not just one, but many) to office personnel, bus route employees.. Mind you all different issues.... It is very upsetting when a parent tries to communicate and reach out about ones child issues... To Deleon staff-dont be selective...

its an awesome school of great education

I currently have 2 children at De Leon. I have meet with each child's teacher and have had great feedback from all of them. Weather I have had questions about curriculum, student activities etc. The teachers, administration and all support staff have been positive, caring, sincerely concerned and positive.

Excellent school, excellent teachers and administrators, excellent all-around! As a parent, sometimes we don't think about all of the things that teachers and principals have to deal with on a daily basis, and we don't give them the credit they deserve. My child's teachers are always available for me when I need to speak with them. My child always has wonderful and positive things to say about her teachers. I feel good knowing she spends the day with caring people around. I think they are doing a wonderful job at De Leon. Keep up the good work!

I recently had a meeting with my 8th graders teachers and they seem very interested in my child, they seem to know and understand his potentials and they are striving to meet these by means of helping him become a more productive person. Children at this age get distracted easily and the teachers attempting to re-route their focus, 2 thumbs up for all the teachers that love what they do and that are willing to go above and beyond the call of duty!!

I learned that De Leon is now an International Baccalaureate Candidate school. I am so excited about this. The IB profile my child brought home gives me some ideas on how to help him see his potential. Wow, what a wonderful school!

De Leon is a wonderful school with a great principal and fantastic teachers. The rigor of the curriculum is evident when you walk through the building. As a parent I feel welcome and know my child is safe and getting the best education in the whole city. My child has no complaints and loves her school! I am so happy I live in McAllen, Texas. All my kids thrive at the wonderful school.

Superior school, the teachers are great.

Last modified De Leon Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.