McAllen, TX

De Leon Middle School 3

Posted December 02, 2009
I wish I had better comments about Deleon.. I have so much trouble getting anyone to call me back.. I.E. from teachers(not just one, but many) to office personnel, bus route employees.. Mind you all different issues.... It is very upsetting when a parent tries to communicate and reach out about ones child issues... To Deleon staff-dont be selective...

Posted January 08, 2009
its an awesome school of great education

Posted December 03, 2007
I currently have 2 children at De Leon. I have meet with each child's teacher and have had great feedback from all of them. Weather I have had questions about curriculum, student activities etc. The teachers, administration and all support staff have been positive, caring, sincerely concerned and positive.

Posted November 02, 2007
Excellent school, excellent teachers and administrators, excellent all-around! As a parent, sometimes we don't think about all of the things that teachers and principals have to deal with on a daily basis, and we don't give them the credit they deserve. My child's teachers are always available for me when I need to speak with them. My child always has wonderful and positive things to say about her teachers. I feel good knowing she spends the day with caring people around. I think they are doing a wonderful job at De Leon. Keep up the good work!

De Leon Middle School 4

Posted November 01, 2007
I recently had a meeting with my 8th graders teachers and they seem very interested in my child, they seem to know and understand his potentials and they are striving to meet these by means of helping him become a more productive person. Children at this age get distracted easily and the teachers attempting to re-route their focus, 2 thumbs up for all the teachers that love what they do and that are willing to go above and beyond the call of duty!!

Posted August 28, 2007
I learned that De Leon is now an International Baccalaureate Candidate school. I am so excited about this. The IB profile my child brought home gives me some ideas on how to help him see his potential. Wow, what a wonderful school!

Posted August 01, 2007
De Leon is a wonderful school with a great principal and fantastic teachers. The rigor of the curriculum is evident when you walk through the building. As a parent I feel welcome and know my child is safe and getting the best education in the whole city. My child has no complaints and loves her school! I am so happy I live in McAllen, Texas. All my kids thrive at the wonderful school.

Posted July 27, 2007
Superior school, the teachers are great.

De Leon Middle School 2

Posted January 12, 2004
Having 4 minutes between classes is ridiculous. It makes students who are in portable units and have a long way to go to their next class to run through the hallways making a safety hazard. Some classes involve mainly students doing reports then reporting back to the class orally. Nothing contributed by the teacher!

Posted June 17, 2003
we had 3 of our 5 kids here last school year and we will have 4 this year, we love the teachers and the rest of the staff, we wish they would offer more extracurricular activities

4201 North 29th Street, McAllen, TX  78504
Last modified De Leon Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
De Leon Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top