No rating

Central Christian School

Private | PK-5

Living in McAllen

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $130,900. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $820.

Sweep tile

School Official Point of View

Posted March 12, 2010

As the new director of Central Christian School, I just wanted to make sure you get the true information about our school. The most recent comment stated that we no longer have the same teachers, faculty, or director. I must say that it is only I who am new here. All of the staff that has been here stayed on as I began this year. They all want to stay for next year. I am praying that they can. What this one person said about our school indicates that we cannot please all of the people all of the time, but we do try. Some people cannot be pleased no matter what you do for them. I would like to invite anyone who has read the negative comment to please come and let us show you our school and how we are working together for the glory of God.

Posted April 16, 2012

I as a former student of CCS think that this school is one of the best schools you can send your kids to. I myself went attended CCS for 7 years along with my younger sister. The teachers were so caring and always looked for new ways to help kids learn. CCS is a very safe enviroment for kids. They have great staff and some of my former teachers when I was young are still there. If you are looking for a safe, kind and caring enviroment where your kids will learn and have fun I will suggest CCS. After being a former student of CCS i have become a great leader and I am currently in NJHS. This school helped me to become a great person.

Posted February 2, 2011

My daughter has had nothing but good experiences at CCS. She attended for pk-3 and I took her out due to costs for pk-4. I tried to keep her at our public school and was so dissappointed. There was 1 teacher for 31 students. I enrolled her back in CCS about 2 weeks into this year and she is already been reading for months and now is learning cursive. I love CCS, and am glad she can attend.

Posted November 18, 2010

I have two children attending CCS. My husband and I are very happy with the academic and extra-curricular activities that they are receiving. The director and teachers work very hard and are compassionate and caring. The school just celebrated 31 years of service to our community. The abeka curriculum is very challenging and students who leave CCS after elementary, enter middle school far ahead of their peers. We recommend CCS to any parent looking for a strong academic program and leadership.

Posted July 15, 2010

I am sure there was a point in time when CCS was the place to have your child enrolled . However, that time has long passed. The school is in jeopardy of closing and for good reason. Many of the teachers and staff do not have their teaching credentials nor are required to even hold a Bachelor's Degree. Their curriculum is dated and they lack the necessary resources in order to provide an adequate teaching environment. They have eliminated many specialty subjects such as Spanish, Library, and Art and do not offer extracurricular activities. While the school is in jeopardy of closing due to finances, families are asked to participate in several fundraising events throughout the year; in addition to the costly monthly tuition. Please take into consideration that this site as well as others highly rate CCS however, you'll notice that most reviews were posted several years ago.

Posted March 25, 2010

My son attended Central Christian School for 4 years before going into public school. He had the best education. The school had fabulous teachers using wonderful curriculum. And his teachers in public school were very impressed. I am thankful that we were able to attend CCS.

Posted January 24, 2010

Very disappointed with the school. In the past it has had a great reputation as a Christian School, but it no longer has the same faculty, staff or director. My daughter started in 2009 and I will be transferring her to a better qualified Christian school for 2010.

Posted June 8, 2008

we have 2 childrens in this school , our childrens and our family realy happy . it's a good school. my childrens love to go to school everyday .

Posted May 31, 2008

I've had a wonderful experience. Great extracurricular foreign languages program (Spanish & French).

Posted September 19, 2007

What a wonderful school and such great CARING teachers! I couldn't ask for more for my children. The teacher and administrative staff are always available to discuss my children's progress and jointly work together to make it a pleasant and more productive learning experience for them. I thank God for CCS everyday!

Posted September 18, 2007

I've had two kids at CCS for 3 years. Great individual attention and a variety of activities. The school is very much a family. My kids learned much more than being in public school and were less stressed. Daycare arrangements are the best I found for working parents.

Posted July 29, 2007

The school has an enthusiastic group of teachers and administrators who really care about children. Some of the extracurricular activities offered are French, theatre, and etiquette. Children involved in these classes describe them as fun and interesting. I have personally seen how they act more mature and how they follow proper etiquette after few weeks. Their languages courses, Spanish and French, are very complete and help the children learn in an easy and fast way. Grade teachers are very well prepared and educated. As parents we can see a big difference between CCS teachers and other instructors. I highly recommend CCS to any parent who cares about his or her children's future.

Posted July 7, 2007

Great school! My child has benefited so much from the education he has received. It's not just about test-taking; it's about learning.

Asian 8% N/A
Two or more races 8% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • ACSI

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

1320 Nolana St